Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I have lightly cheat pain. When I am waking up from sleeping am feeling it very much. So please give me some advice.
I am 43 years old woman. I have developed high blood pressure which is 140/ 95. Should I take medication for that. I am not over weight. My grandparents and parents also have suffered from high bp. I do yoga and meditation daily.
I am 50 years of age male. I feel sleepy always at any point of time. It is a problem with me since my child hood. While driving or travelling or talking or studying I feel sleepy and feel embarrassed among others. I am a normal human being, non-diabetic, no blood pressure, cholesterol level is almost normal excepting LDL i.e.129 (as per last report 15 days back ). I am very active, go for regular exercise, yoga to keep me fit. Pl. Suggest me to over come this problem. I also want to add that I never face sleeplessness during night even after drowzing hours of 3 to 4 every day. Is it a neurological disorder? Pl. Suggest.
What is a blood pressure in high but not a medical ragural in tha solution in this problem, mini age in tha seck please solve tha problem.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain when ever I caught hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am sixtyfive years old having blood pressure and suffering from knee pain due to osteoarthritis. I will like to take homeopathy treatment only. Please advise. R S Wadhwa.
I have a problem of chest pain and this pain is from past 2weeks so I consulted doctor for this but I was of no use guide me.
Can you please tell me if a weak heart can be strengthen with medicines? If yes then please prescribe because my father's heart is weak as reported in ECG and 2D Echo test.
My dad is 91 and is in ICU for weak lungs weak heart and weak brain. What should be the line if treatment
Sir I have problem of heart burning. But we some time I feel its a heart attack problem. How to I determine it.
I have desk job. Hi doctor please help me now my problem Is very high blood pressure and I am angry very quickly please help me.
I am a 27 Years Male from past 10 days onwards I feel like very lazy and feel like full tired so I checked bp its was 150/100 avg so I consult doctor and taken blood test and echo and ecg . In that reports blood test normal some what showing in ecg smal variations and echo is fine. So doctor given a tablet of Inderal 10 mg and tozam half tablet a night and daily walking 40minutes continuing erly hours . Still I feel like the same. What can I do please suggest me. Is it major or cool. Some times bp was 130/90 some times 160/100 and bit lazy ness on my body. What I have to do can you please suggest me.
I am 62 years old, retired, i am suffering from high bp for 3 years and taking tablets 5mg, and cholesterol 10mg. Since then. My present reports are normal. I was also suffering from anxiety related issues and taking nexito plus tab once in evening for proper sleep. Again for 3 to 4 years also have plaque psoriasis and psoratic arthritic stiffness in leg joints for which I am taking homeopathic medicine. Now I also have acidity especially in the night when I get vomiting sensation which subsides when I drink some water night for which I am not taking any medicine. I am also suffering from enlarged prostate, unable to empty bladder fully and not taking any medicine, fully, recent USG only states enlarged prostate only. My weight is 84 kg I exercise but not regularly. My goal is to reduce first Nexito tablet and then how should I manage my health stage by stage and how?
My son is 40 days old. Dctr says that he has a extra wire in his heart which increases his heart beat to 300 sometimes. Doctor says that he has small holes also in hi heart bt it' ll b fine after some time. I wanna know is there any problem of this wire problem. And what is the reason of all this. And what could happen in my son's case ?
There are valves in the each of the four chambers of the heart. These valves make sure that blood flows in one direction only. The blood flows from the atria into the ventricles through the mitral and the tricuspid valves. The pulmonic and the aortic valves allow the blood to flow out of the ventricles. Valve problems occur when the normal functioning of the valve is impaired.
Impaired valve function leads to blood flow obstruction, which in turn can lead to stenosis of the valve. This puts lot of strain on the heart muscles, forcing it to work harder. It may also lead to the blood flowing backwards through the valve and back into the heart.
The various causes of valvular heart disease are:
- Valvular heart disease: If you are suffering from rheumatic fever, it may lead to valvular heart disease
- Congenital heart disease: Congenital heart disease refers to various defects in the heart which are present since birth. In some cases, these defects may include being born with abnormal valves.
- Heart attack: If you have suffered a heart attack, your heart muscles may be damaged or impaired.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a genetic disorder that is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently.
- Age: Ageing may cause certain changes in the body that lead to valvular heart disease.
Valvular heart disease is treated by various homeopathic remedies that do not have any side effect. It takes a holistic approach to healing the body as it gets to the root of the disease. The various homeopathic remedies for valvular heart disease are:
- Cactus grandiflorus: This remedy is used in a number of heart complications such as stenosis of the valve. It helps in getting rid of the inflammation in the heart muscles, so that the heart can pump blood efficiently.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is another remedy that helps in healing the muscles of the heart by regulating the pulse.
- Kalmia latifolia: Kalmia latifolia is a homeopathic remedy that is used in treating various complications of the heart. It also helps in symptoms of rheumatic fever that may lead to valvular heart disease.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what could be done?
High blood pressure is a condition that is characterized by increased pressure on the walls of the artery. This condition occurs when the systolic pressure (contraction of the heart) is greater than 130 and the diastolic pressure (relaxation of the heart) hovers around 90 over a period of time.
If the condition is not treated, then heart muscles and blood vessels come under a lot of strain. It is caused by factors such as:
- Excessive consumption of salt
- Not consuming vegetables
- If you are obese
- Over consumption of alcohol
- If you lead a sedentary lifestyle
Ayurveda is a holistic method of treatment that focuses on improving your overall wellbeing. It is free from side effects as it is a natural method of treatment. The various Ayurvedic remedies to treat high blood pressure are:
- Diet: Include vegetables and fruits in your diet as they provide your body with the necessary nutrients. Make sure that you are not eating excess carbohydrates and fats. Avoid junk foods in your diet, consume natural foods such as whole grains and legumes. Eat foods such as brown rice and whole wheat as they provide steady stream of energy in the body.
- Yoga: Make sure to add yoga workouts to your morning routine as they help in keeping your body supple and flexible. It also helps you in relaxing and centering yourself so as to reduce mental stress. Start off with simple postures such as upward dog and the cobra.
- Remain Active: If you are the type of person who leads a sedentary lifestyle, then you need to get off the couch. A sedentary lifestyle is known to increases the risk if high blood pressure and diabetes. Follow an exercise regimen to keep your heart healthy.
- Avoid stressful activities: Avoid situations that take a toll on your mental health as they can create complications if you are suffering from high blood pressure. In your free time, indulge in activities that provide a source of relaxation and peace such as playing or reading a book.