Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S C Kundu
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. S C KunduYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor last year I am diagnosed with hypertension and my age is 38 years. I had started concor 2.5 once daily which was prescribed by my doctor. Last year my weight 85.5 kg and started Dieting and controlled my weight at 76.5 kg in November and left Dieting. Now I am losing 1 kg in a month without doing anything. Is concor 2.5 making my weight loss.
Dear sir/madam, I have high borderline cholesterol (221) and low hemoglobin (11.6). I am eating fatty and fried foods once in week only. That is also very rare. I am 25 year old and just married. If I try to control my food for reducing cholesterol it will negatively effect my hemoglobin count. How can I handle this?
Since yesterday I an very stressed, had fight with my fiance, I feel like something heavy on my left side of the chest, I feel my body as life less, I can only feel my heart beat which is very much high, some uncomfortable in the teeth when I am keeping it in the occlusion, when I am walking I feel breathlessness and my b.p is 90/60. Is these the symptoms of low blood pressure or my body is giving the symptoms of heart attack?
I am a student. I had been suffered from heart attack two time in my life. I become afraid for third time. What action should I taken against them.
I am 48 Year Old Male facing ED problem since last 18 Months. I am taking Repace 25 for high Blood pressure and nupenta LS for Acidity in morning. Please advise cure or treatment to overcome this ED problem.
1. I am taking amloz at for blood pressure. Can I take any other medicine (cheaper) inlieu of this medicine. Please advice. 2. I am a case of obesity (approx 125 kgs) can you suggest some weight loss medicines.
My wife's age is 55 years. Her blood pressure mostly remains about 150 by 100. She is taking inderal 10 mg pill to control blood pressure. Is it right dose? Suggest some other ways to control high blood pressure.
Sir, I am 32 years old male. My bp is normal and blood sugar level is also normal. I was passing happy married life but now I have performance related stress. I can't keep my erection more than 2 min. After taking manforce I can keep my erection up to 4 hours but view side effects I am not really interested for these medicine. Sir please guide.
Hypertension or high blood pressure is common in pregnant women, even in those who have no previous history of high blood pressure. This leads to complications in about 6 to 10% of all pregnancies around the world. High blood pressure may develop before or after conception and as such needs special medical attention.
Hypertension prevents sufficient flow of blood to the placenta and this inhibits the normal growth of the fetus. This could result in low birth weight of the child. However, if diagnosed in time and treated properly, hypertension does not affect the child's health too much. There are various types of hypertension during pregnancies, such as:
- Gestational hypertension: This type of hypertension is developed about 20 weeks after conception. There is no abnormality in urine or any signs of other organ damage (as is common with hypertension during pregnancy) but the condition can worsen and complicate very quickly. Pregnant women below the age of 20 and above the age of 40 are often diagnosed with high levels of blood pressure. Women who have heart or kidney conditions before pregnancy and women carrying more than one child are also likely to develop gestational hypertension.
- Chronic hypertension: Chronic hypertension is high blood pressure which develops around 20 weeks before conception and does not normalize within 12 weeks after childbirth. The patient may also have been suffering from high blood pressure for a long time but the complications appear only during pregnancy because high blood pressure rarely exhibits symptoms without an associated condition.
- Chronic hypertension superimposed with Preeclampsia: Women who have hypertension before pregnancy may develop even higher blood pressure levels during pregnancy. This leads to several health disorders like frequent headaches, fatigue and depression.
- Preeclampsia: Preeclampsia is often a serious complication of gestational pregnancy and affects about 5% to 7% of all pregnancies globally. Gestational pregnancy does not always develop into preeclampsia but it needs to be diagnosed and treated in time to avoid the complication. Women who have conceived for the first time or have a history of hypertension in the family are at a greater risk of preeclampsia. The symptoms of the condition are throbbing headaches, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, pain in the upper abdominal region and shortness of breath.