Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rupak MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I get really bad itching near my inner thighs and pubic region since 6 months. Its irregular it starts and stops suddenly even after using many dusting powders I have not found relief. Please suggest me something which gives permanent solution. It is really unpleasant in th night and even after keeping myself hygienic by regularly bathing in dettol water and Washing inner wears regularly.
I have got stretch marks on my left shoulder and a little part of the chest. I do gyming but if dat affects it den should hav happened on both the hands. How to get rid of den.
Sir I have a problem of hair as my hair are white in my young age so what are the medicines or cure for this problem?
Can darkcircles and uneven skin and dullness and dark skin be cured. If yes maximum how much time it requires to be cured.
I have acne which often comes when I step out of home in sunlight. When I don't go out it doesn't comes but as soon as I start traveling it displays on my chick. Which medicine should I prefer?
I have a spot nd pimple on my both hand so I already use moisturizing cream but no effect on me so what I should do?
I get painful puss filled lumps in my underarms. They are so painful that when they come, my whole body feels feverish. I have consulted 2-3 doctors who say it is because of hormones and there is no cure for it. The pus is creamish in color and sometimes it has a bad odor. I bath twice a day and i'm very hygienic as I sweat a lot and I also don't use any perfumes or deodorants under my arms but I use talcum powder to keep it dry. Please suggest.
Hello, m 18 years and I have thin hair they are also rough. And less hairs to. What should I do to make my hairs thick, and smooth.
Dear doc. I am 22 years old male. I have much wrinkles on my face after pimples. And open pores on face. What should I do?
"Hair health is not isolated from your overall health. If you are not very healthy overall, it will show on your hair as well. However, there are many lifestyle mistakes that also result in the damage of hair. If you are losing hair very fast and don’t know why it is happening, watch out for the following mistakes you might be unknowingly doing-
1) Hot Water Shower: Hot water damages your hair. It strips your scalp of the natural oils and dehydrates your hair, making them brittle. Use mildly warm or regular water for head showers.
2) Combing Wet Hair: Your hair is highly prone to breakage when it is wet. Combing or brushing wet hair weakens the roots and causes hair fall. To maintain healthy texture, it is safe to leave the hair to dry naturally. Also, don't brush your hair harshly.
3) Tight Tie-ups: Tightly fastened hair braids or ponytails cause tension to the roots and follicles. Pulling the hair too tight causes damage and must be avoided, esp. at night.
4) Heat Treatment: Every time you blow dry your hair or use other heated styling tools, the scalp is subjected to undue heat. Such intense heat weakens the roots instantly. Switch to cool drying or stick to natural drying.
5) Using Styling Products: Hair styling gels and sprays make your hair stiff and sticky. A prolonged use of such products may cause major damage to the hair because the moisture has been drained out and there is friction every time you comb or brush the hair.
6) Not Oiling: Oiling your hair might be very unglamorous to look at but oils of coconut, mustard, olive, amla or sesame deeply nourish the hair follicles. Massaging your scalp with oil twice a week helps improve circulation thus contributing to overall hair health.
7) Bad Eating Habits: Skipping meals or taking improper nutrition has a direct impact on hair health. Healthy hair demand good consumption of proteins and other vitamins. Make salads, fish, lentils, beans, eggs, etc. a part of your daily diet.
Have any further questions on hair loss or hair care? Click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media."
I have scratchy black pinheads under my knee joint. They are darkening that region. It looks little ugly.
Having lots of pimples on my face. Sir will you tell which medicine does I take and what other kind of things I used on my face like soap. Facewash and etc.
I am 21 year old,I have no bad habits like drinking or smoking but masturbation. I lost a hair portion in front is it because of it pls help me.
Dear sir /Mam my skin is dark I will try lost of cream but affect of colour of skin, for head and below of eye skin colour is dark, so your prescribed any cream and any helpful things and suggest.
My legs and neck have very much tanning. I want to remove unevenness from my face also. It has become very dull due to dark circles and unevenness which results in hyperpigmentation. Pls help me. My skin is not much dry and not much oily. It is normal. How to remove tanning soon as I have to attend a marriage next month?
The skin around the eyes is usually one of the first areas to show signs of aging. There are four noticeable changes that occur around our eyes as we get older. These are:
- Sagging upper eyelids
- Eye bags
- Scleral show
There are many causes for these conditions and they affect each person differently. While some people show signs of aging early, others continue to look youthful for longer.
Let's take a look at four common causes for our eyes to show signs of aging:
- Loss of fat and bone tissue: As we age, the fat in our facial muscles begins to clump up and shifts downwards. As this happens skin begins to sag. The loss of fat is also accompanied by a loss in bone tissue. This makes the skin under the eyes sag further as they lose their underlying support. A loss of fat and bone tissue also leads to hollow surfaces on the skin which results in dark circles.
- Loss of collagen: Collagen is a protein that gives the skin its strength and structure. It is also important in the production of new skin cells. Collagen production is affected by a number of factors such as exposure to UV radiation, smoking and high sugar intake. While these are controllable factors, one uncontrollable factor that affects the production of collagen is aging. As the number of candles on our birthday cakes increases, the production of collagen reduces. With the loss of collagen, skin becomes thinner and veins become more visible. This also results in a thinner epidermis that makes fine lines appear and causes wrinkles around the eyes.
- Loss of elasticity: Along with collagen the other protein responsible for the firmness of skin is elastin. Elastin helps the skin return to its original state after being stretched or pinched. As we grow older, the production of elastin is also reduced. This loss of elasticity is visible around the eyes as skin begins to droop. The eyelid muscles are also one of the most used muscles in our body. We use them unconsciously every time we open and close our eyes, squint, wink etc. As the amount of elastin is reduced the eyelid skin no longer returns to its normal state every time it is used. Thus it triggers the appearance of wrinkled skin around the eyes.
- Weak muscles: Muscles also grow weaker as we get older. This causes the fat sacks to protrude through the skin leading to bags under the eyes and puffiness. A weak levator muscle responsible for lifting the upper eyelids can also cause the eyelid to appear droopy.