Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rupa Sen Ganguly
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rupa Sen GangulyYour feedback matters!
What really causes personality disorders?
Personality disorders (pd) are anomalies in behavioral patterns of an individual that are characterized by impairments in personal and interpersonal functioning. These are maladaptive psychological conditions that can be mild or intense and can affect a person's relations with others. These are not triggered by the external factors but are inherent abnormalities of behavior and conduct.
The human psyche is a vast and complex field of study which is so diverse that no two cases of psychological dysfunction are the exact same. Personality disorders are of numerous types, each having a different set of causes and traits.
Broadly speaking, they can be classified into three extensive 'clusters' or categories.
Cluster a includes odd or eccentric disorders like paranoid pd,
Cluster b includes dramatic or erratic disorders such as antisocial pd, and
Cluster c includes fearful and anxious disorders like avoidant pd.
Personality disorders are caused by a wide range of factors which impact each individual in a different manner. The most basic and common causes of pd are as follows:
- sexual abuse
- physical abuse
- emotional abuse
- verbal abuse
In most cases, abuse occurs during childhood and the pd takes manifestation in the teenage and adult years. A combination of multiple factors gives rise to complicated disorders which have more acute symptoms. Accidents and trauma can also give rise to personality disorders later in life.
Counseling and psychological therapy are used to tackle the problem and alleviate symptoms. Each case requires a different kind of approach and sometimes intake of medication is also deemed necessary. Diagnosis is always subjective and takes into account various aspects of the patient's life.
Respected sir or ma'am, There are no mistake occur but less than 0.5 percent chance of pregnancy.So my question about it can be possible after 14 days to abort a pregnancy by medicine if period not occur ?
I am 22 years old female, I missed the periods 12 days before today is 13th day and I checked through pregnancy test kit as it came positive. As I'm very young I don't need pregnancy. Will you please prescribe any medicine for my abortion.
I have hypothyroid my period dates come two three days before in my last month date I want to conceive pls help me.
There are a variety of foods and concoctions that have been developed for our urban realities and to help us become more fit. Smoothies and juices are the latest craze that has been on the fitness scene for a few hours. There are many people who have taken to smoothies in place of a solid meal because this combines a variety of healthy ingredients so that one gets a wholesome meal which can also be had on the run. But there are many schools of thoughts regarding the efficacy and the health benefits of smoothies.
Are they really as healthy as they are said to be? Let us find out with this article!
- Protein: There is a good dose of protein in smoothies which comes from the large amount of fruit, vegetables and dairy as well as oats and other such elements that are used to create one. Protein is one of the main elements that come from smoothies and it also helps particularly after a workout or for those who are into sports.
- Dietary fibers: Because of the copious amounts of berries and other fruit that is used to create a smoothie, one can gain great amount of dietary fibers also. This helps in clearing out the toxins from the digestive tracts, which can further prevent the generation of kidney stones. Yet, there is something to be said for the ingestion of fresh fruit, which makes for even better levels of dietary fibers. So even if you are having smoothies, you must ensure that you also have plenty of fresh fruit.
- Probiotics: Curd based smoothies is one of the best things that one can have because of the number of probiotics that they contain. Curd contains a number of good bacteria which is very good for the digestive system as well as the metabolism. These good bacteria are called probiotics. This helps in stabilizing the metabolism and the digestive process, which can be very helpful especially for people who are suffering from chronic lifestyle diseases.
- Sugar: If one used sugar instead of jaggery or honey in the smoothie, then it is no better than having a can of coca cola. For this reason, one will need to replace sugar with other natural sweetness that will bring down the level of kilojoules or kilo calories. This will make the smoothie much more healthy so that one can have plenty of fruit without the sugar intake.
- Liquid content: Many people use juice as the liquid content. Yet, this is not always the best option. This contains a lot of sugar, even if it freshly pressed. So, one can substitute the same with water.
- Oats and cereal: You can toast oats and others cereal in order to line the parfait or the smoothie. This will also bring in plenty of protein as well as other vitamins. This kind of a smoothie makes for a crunchy taste even as it gives you a full meal which can be taken at least three times a day. But do check for allergies when it comes to oats and grains before you make such a smoothie. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.