Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ruby Sarkar
Submit a review for Dr. Ruby SarkarYour feedback matters!
It’s not just painful but also very irritating to have that odd neck, back, knee or any other muscular pain. Just sitting and waiting for the pain to go is something that we just cannot do. We want instant relief! Some of us wonder how we even got this pain. Asking around we find answers such as an incorrect posture of the body, too much of physical stress on a particular muscle or staying still in one position for a long time. Right, long working hours sitting in front of a computer.
- Ayurveda dives a bit deeper to find out the cause of muscular pain. According to Ayurveda, the muscle pain is caused by collection of harmful toxins in a particular area of the body which blocks the smooth transportation of essential nutrients, which leads to the aggravation of the “Vata” element in the body and causing muscular pain. There is no exception to any age group from this pain.
- Once again, body, diet and health, are all inter- linked. Ayurveda says a prominent way to avoid muscular pain is our diet. Cheese, cakes, meat, processed food, caffeine are strictly to be avoided by Ayurveda. This is because these kinds of foods dry up the muscles making them stiff and causing pain.
- If a person experiences muscular pain, Ayurveda has natural and chemical free methods to manage the pain. The main method is the practice of Abhyanga. It includes the application of oil all over the body, and massaging the areas where pain is experienced gently. This improves blood circulation with the nutrients needed all over the body. The heating properties of the oil stimulate the same.
- At Dr. Vaidya’s, we have innovative products which help in prevention and management of muscular pain. One of them is the evergreen super popular, Rumox Balm. Rumox balm is a special Ayurvedic formulation that has an anti-inflammatory properties and an analgesic effect. Apart from treating swelling and muscular pain, it also provides relief from all types of arthritic pain.
- Another product tried by thousands of our loyal customers is Sandhivati, which is a strong formulation for treatment of arthritis. Composed of Maharasnadi Quath Ghan powder and Mahayograj Guggul powder, this product is used for effective treatment of muscular, joint and arthritic pain.
- We also have special herbal massage oil called Nirgundi Oil, a formulation of Til Oil, Castor Oil, Sarsav Oil and Nirgundi Extract. It is to be gently applied over the pain affected area.
- We have a range over thirty products that include your daily use products such as Herbodanty, medicine for cold, cough, shampoo etc. Our in-house doctor, Dr. (Mrs.) Surya Bhagwati (BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, and DHBTC) can help you build your Ayurveda knowledge and help diagnose any medical issues you may be suffering from. Following our founder, Dr.Natoobhai Vaidya. Legacy we continue to offer free consultation to all our patients. We strive to be one of the best Ayurvedic Clinics in Mumbai while following his beliefs of providing high quality medicine, superior customer care and to be dedicated to our patients welfare.
I am 20 years old. I am suffering with severe body pains since 5 days. I can't sleep properly because of these pains. Please help me with this, what should I do?
I met an accident few years ago, and now when cold air blows I feels too much pain in all my body. So what should I do?
I am suffering from body paining and back and neck paining and frequency of urine from teenage years. I have gone through doctor treatment but shows no result. I have taken medicine now.
I have got a body pain since 4 days I am unable to play so what medicines I have to take or creams to get relief from the pain.
Hello sir, I am feeling body pain and I eat some pain killer but I'm not feeling relax. What should i do?
Aches and pains are often dismissed and left untreated for prolonged durations, unless there appear to be severe disruptions in one’s daily routine. These pains and aches may serve as the first indication of something bigger, which is the reason that even minor pains must be diagnosed without losing any time. Often pains and aches, if diagnosed at early stages, can be treated using specific exercises, as recommended by physiotherapists. These exercises can be executed at any time of the day in a regular life, irrespective of the venue, time or environment an individual is in. They are meant to improve overall flexibility of muscles and joints, as well as improve body functions.
- Rotations of the lower trunk: Bend your knees, rotate them in a to and fro motion such that the lower half of your body from the pelvis actually moves. This exercise should be done while you lie on your back.
- Side stretch: Lie down on one side and pull the upper leg ankle towards the back with the upper hand. While performing this move, it should be ensured that you apply pressure on your thigh with your lower leg ankle.
- Cat and camel: Arch your back towards the ceiling and the floor alternately after a fixed duration (for eg. 5 to 15 seconds), while keeping your body on your hands and knees.
- Straight leg raise: Raise your leg upright, i.e. without bending, and point your toes upwards, while you are sitting up or lying on your back.
- Hamstring stretch: If you wish to relieve yourself of low back pain, lie flat on your back, lift your leg and hold the back of your knee using both hands. This can be repeated about 8-12 times a day for quick relief.
- Brace marching: This exercise suggests that you lie on the floor on your back with your knees bent. Raise your foot from the ground alternately such that your upper half of the body above the pelvis does not move.
Other exercises for addressing pains and aches:
Though there are a lot of other exercises available for addressing pains and aches. Yoga provides another simple approach. Poses such as the Cobra pose, Butterfly or Supported Warrior are especially helpful in addressing pains in joints beneath the pelvis. A great benefit of Yoga is the prospect of mental serenity and improved system functions such as respiratory and digestive functions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.