Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rohit GutgutiaYour feedback matters!
Hello. I had two miscarriages. All tests are clear. Cannot diagnose cause of missed abortion. Suggest diet for healthy uterus.
I am 23 years old. Trying to conceive from last six months. I had done all testing accept tube testing. My AMH is 1.37 n I had three ivf m 150iu injection from day 3-5 n took siphene from 3-8.I had ultrasound on day 10th I got one follicle on right ovary which is 11 mm n ET is 5.5.i will go for trans vaginal ultrasound on day 12 and 14 .how much are my chances of getting pregnant? Can I get pregnant naturally or I have no oder option than ivf?
I would like to know which dalls and which vegetables are easily digestible and which are not. What about soya granules and tofu? we know that water melon etc. Are good in summer. Whaich fruits/veggoes we should avoid in certain seasons?
I'm 27 year women my last period was on 8 May. I had unprotected sex with my husband on 20, then on 26th, 28, 30 may and on 3rd june. I not even had any kind of contraceptive pills. Even though I got my periods on 4th june. Kindly tell me why is it so. I guess it was a correct time when we had sex. But still got my periods. Is there still any chance of pregnancy in this time. Please inform. Thank you.
Is ecosprin 75 mg is safe in first trimester. I had my LMP at 9 Nov 2017. Please suggest I should take ecosprin or now my doctor has told me to take it but I am scared of its side effects in SECOND TRIMESTER. My NT Scan is normal. Please Suggest.
Hi, After abortion. I go for ultrasound for sure me that I abort my child successful. Can you help me out to read that ultrasound round? This is my report. No evidence of retained products of conception is seen. Thin streak of fluid is seen pouch of Douglas. Endometrial echo is central in position and measure 1.4 mm in thickness.Please help me.
For women, hair are not just fibres, but an expression of beauty, style, and personality. Losing your hair can really freak you out. Whether it's short-term or long-term, women lose hair the same way men do. It might thin all over, or your centre part could get wider and wider.
How Does Hair Grow?
Your scalp has about 1,00,000 hair. Each one has its own life cycle. A follicle produces a single hair that grows at a rate of half an inch per month. It stays for 2 to 6 years, then stops for about a month. When the next cycle starts up, that hair falls out. At any given time, most of your hair are in the growth phase.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Most people shed about 50-100 hair every day. But if it starts to fall out in clumps or if you notice it getting thinner over time, see a Dermato-Trichologist.
Major Hair Loss Triggers in women:
- Thyroid Problems: If the thyroid makes too much or too little thyroid hormone, you may develop progressive thinning of hair all over the scalp.
- PCOS: In polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), your body makes more male hormones, or androgen, than it should. This can cause the extra hair on your face and body while the hair on your head thins out.
- Childbirth: Hair seems fuller during pregnancy because high hormone levels keep resting hairs from falling out. But after the baby comes, things go back to normal and those strands will fall out quickly. You could lose a lot of hair at once.
- The Pill: The hormones that suppress ovulation can also thin out your hair. You can also lose hair when you stop taking the pill.
- Medicines: Drugs like blood thinners, methotrexate, cholesterol lowering medications, chemotherapeutic agents, anti-depressants etc. can cause hair loss and thinning.
- Crash Diets: You may lose more than weight with a fad diet. And if you lose weight more rapidly, you might also lose hair in a couple of months.
- Deficiency: A longstanding deficiency of Iron, Folic acid, and other nutrients can also trigger off hair loss and cause hair thinning.
- Tight Hairstyles: Wearing tight ponytails can irritate your scalp and cause hair to fall out. Long-term use of these styles can scar your scalp and lead to permanent hair loss.
- Cancer Treatment: Chemo and radiation therapy, can take a toll on your hair. In their quest to kill cancer cells, both can harm hair follicles and trigger dramatic hair loss.
- Extreme Stress e.g. a serious illness, major surgery, trauma involving blood loss, severe emotional disturbance etc., can cause you to suddenly shed huge amounts of hair.
Hope this gives you a fair idea about the possible reasons for losing your lovely hair. The good news is, there's often a way to fix it. You can consult me for if you are losing hair and need a solution for the same.