Lybrate.com has top trusted Veterinarians from across India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritinkar Datta
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Ritinkar DattaYour feedback matters!
Sir/mam, my dog (5 years old) is suffering with urine problem, i.e. He urinates but dropwise. He is otherwise active n takes meals properly There is no pain in stomach on pressing. Few days back he ate the whole small pack of pedigree and after that this happened. I gave him dexona n now giving norflox400. Pls help.
Hi. I'm 4 months pregnant. I have 2 in and out kittens who at 10 months old. I never clean their litter. Do I still need to give them up?
Doctor, I have a pet dog named "Messy. He is my favorite.He is 11 months aged dog.He has been diseased for the last 3 week. His back legs became very weak.So he couldnot balance his body when he stand up. And falls down when he tries to walk. His body,especially back legs and stomach portion vibrate like shivering. He couldnot raise his tail. Lachrymal fluid is produced more in the eyes. Doctor said that many dogs in our area have this disease. 3 injections had taken to him. Before 2 days,the following injections had been taken by the doctor. Inj. Neurobion forte-1 Inj. Dexona2ml -1 and also gave the syrup Tefroli But still he is in a critical condition. What will I do doctor? kindly reply to this.
My dog is having problem that . It happens quite regularly when we take him out fr walk . He is having some sort of pain he lie on ground legs bend to all sides sliva coming out and starts trembling . It happen fr almost 10 minutes and after that again normal . Whats the problem to him . Some time it happens at home also . Can u help ?
My german shepherd is 8 months old and is a very happy and energetic dog. From last 2-3 days (21/12/2015) he is foaming too much. We give him roti and meat two times daily and drools. He is eating well but I am worried for his excess salivation. I just want to know whether it is normal or not?
Sir i have a gsd of 1 year & 1 month old. She is not taking her normal or pet food for last 20days. What is the prob and should i do for it? Now she is becoming weak day by day. Please suggest.
Dear sir/mam, I don't know what's wrong with my doggy, actually he's a country breed but he won't look like it. Very friendly in kind. But for the past few months he wasn't eating his diet well. Always looking dull, non-energetic, tired. Also he's having some itchy probs on both the sides of his ear.Because of non taking his diet he's looking very lean. Please help me on resolving this issue, thanking you
Every time you take your pet out for his daily business... carry a plastic bag and clean up the poop, to contribute your share to keep our environment clean!
Since dogs are meat eaters, their poop contents nitrogenous wastes and can contaminate nearby water bodies.
Dog poop can carry potentially harmful bacterias and worms, which can spread within the area around and pose risk to other humans and pets..!
Besides, no one likes to step on pet waste and spread it to homes, cars and workplaces.
Be a responsible owner.. Scoop the poop!!!!
Dehydration is a common disorder in dogs and humans equally. It occurs when an excess of fluids continuously get eliminated from the body irrespective of the amount of fluids your dog intakes. Water working as the "potion for life" is essential for dogs too as it keeps them hydrated and makes sure the biological processes take place smoothly in them. Dehydration is a serious disorder and may result in as serious consequences as organ failure or even death. To know if your dog is suffering from dehydration, learn the symptoms carefully make a move as quickly as possible.
Symptoms of dehydration in dogs:
- Dryness in the mouth and sticky gums. Often dehydration results in sticky gums and dry mouth in dogs as the water content of the body gradually falls down.
- Sunken eyes. Sunken eyes can be considered as a pronounced symptom of dehydration.
- Loss of appetite. Appetite is related to dehydration as the digestion, metabolism and other reactions in dog's body need water to successfully take place.
- Abnormal sleepiness. Dehydration causes Depression and abnormal rate of sleeping in turn.
- Abnormal urination. If your dog is suffering from Dehydration, it will either urinate too little or too much. This abnormal sign in urination speaks a lot about the dehydrated state of your dog.
- Less elasticity of skin or tightness of the skin coat. This can be determined by a simple skin test. Pull your dog's skin and if it does not spring back in 2 seconds, your dog is dehydrated.
If you face problems with determining the level of dehydration, kindly take it to a Veterinarian. He/she will readily note the symptoms and apply proper treatment which should be the prime step in order to save your pet from such situations. Delays will only narrow its chances of surviving. It is also important to understand what causes Dehydration in your dog. This would certainly help you from bumping into such situations further in future.
Causes of dehydration in dogs:
The major reason or cause of Dehydration is illness and overexposing to the sunshine. An ill dog is more prone to get dehydrated than a healthy one. Several diseases like,
- Renal failure
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes insipidus
- Gastrointestinal problems, etc. can affect your dog on a large scale and trigger off Dehydration with time.
To take care of such situations from taking place, you should keep in mind a few guidelines. The following tips will certainly prevent your dog from being dehydrated again if taken into account.
Prevention of dehydration in dogs:
- Protect your dog from being overexposed to heat.
- Make it drink as much water as it can every time. Always put a small bowl of water at the corner of its room. Monitor its water intake capacity and keep it hydrated.
- Keep the toilet lid closed in order to prevent it from plunging its mouth inside. This will keep it away from bacteria and viruses which would affect it and make it fall sick.
- If you go for exercising in the evening with your dog, bring extra water so that it stays hydrated.
Consult with a Veterinarian if its drinking less amount of water.