Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritam ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am having cough from past 1 month .It started with cold and I had sinarest tab after that I got cough and I have taken 2 rounds of antibiotics and cough syrup indiclav625 and ezcure500 mg with minolast lc tab as my blood reports showed we count high by 900. It is better now .bit I still have cough especially during evenings. Another doctor suggested me to take allegra 120 mg. And a zee 500 for 3 days with tux do syrup. What should I do.
Hello sir, I was suffering from fever for 3 days once it was bad condition with too much cough what should I do now?
I have sinus problems like nose checkup, throat infection, head he etc as I am service engineer I travel a lot across India during climate change I suffer from this problems kindly suggest me best solution.
I am suffering from cough n cold from last 5 days. I took medicines . But no improvement. please help me.
Am 35 years im suffering from sinus and im using ayurvedic medicine from last 6 months but im not cured im getting sever headache can the siNus wil be completely cured by using ayurvedic medicine.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and l have chest pain whenever l cough hard, can you suggest what should be done?
Can numerous fibroids and an enlarged uterus cause bladder prolapse? Why does my gynecologist think my bladder bulging into my vaginal canal is a fibroid even after I was sent to a urologist for stress incontinence issues?
I wasn't feeling well for a week, I had too much phlegm in my cough, and I smoke is there any chances I am suffering from lung cancer? Or what are the symptoms?
I am getting mild pain in sternum and boths lungs when standing and comfortable while sleeping or sitting. No cough, no breathlessness. But feeling burning sensation in sternum and lungs while running above 200 mts and subsidies after 3,4 minutes rest. Please let me know the problem.
I am suffering from sinus and many times my headaches are unbearable so wanted to know whether it is because of sinus? Please answer me.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering from severe cough from two days and also severe cough can you please help me to tackle this problem.
I am suffering from dry cough from last two weeks. And what are the symptoms of flu. I am feeling dehydration also. Please provide me a decent solution as soon as possible.
I have a problem of migraine and sinus. Is this disease can cure permanently or temporarily. Why this happens to me all the time because of change in life style.
14 yrs old son. Had cough and cold 8 days. Slight wheezing. Dr prescribed asthalin inhaler. 3 days it was better, but 3 days back, suddenly fever came and is hovering between 99 to 102. Wears off on taking crocin. Stiill having temp from today evening. Has intermittent cough.Again on inhaler last 2 days. Worried what is the reason?
The lungs are made of pipes - starting from the nostrils all the way to the fine tubules in the lungs, through which the air we breathe passes through. The inhaled air also contains a lot of other particles - dust, pollen, virus, cigarette smoke, etc. Very often, the body is allergic to one or more of these particles, and the bronchi are constantly irritated and inflamed due to their sustained exposure. This causes allergic bronchitis which is identified by symptoms like chronic coughing, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, nasal congestion.
Ayurveda believes that the human body has 3 doshas or bio elements - vata, pitta, and kapha. Any disease is believed to be due to one of these being affected. Allergic bronchitis is believed to be an issue with vata.
- The most effective treatment for bronchitis is believed to be a glass of milk mixed with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in it. This mixture is believed to be most effective when taken on an empty stomach and can be had 2 to 3 times a day.
- Equal portions of powders of dry ginger, long pepper, and black pepper can be mixed with honey to make a smooth paste. This can be had 2 to 3 times a day to see wonderful results.
- One-half teaspoon of licorice powder mixed in 1 cup of water can be boiled, cooled, and stored to be consumed through the day.
- A creeping plant known as somlata (Ephedra vulgaris) is found to be highly efficacious in relieving asthma. This grows in western Himalayas in abundance and is sent in hundreds of tonnes to western countries where ephedrine is prepared from it. The powder made from the whole plant, after drying in the shade and is given in the dosage of 100 to 250 milligrams, mixed with honey or water at the intervals of 8 to 4 hours.
- Kapha katari - Literally translates as phlegm cutter, this works immediately. The powder needs to be wrapped in betel leaf and chewed slowly. Continue with another 4 doses over the next 24 hours.
- Kanakasava - The extract of Datura is very effective in halting bronchitis but needs to be taken under medical supervision only. This is habit-forming and therefore, needs to be used cautiously.
In addition, follow these general considerations too:
- Avoid or minimize exposure to known allergens, cigarette smoke and pollution
- Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water to help form a thin mucous
- Avoid dust in the bedroom, avoid feather pillows
- Regularly vacuum clean the house
- Do yoga, especially the breathing asanas which are very beneficial for bronchitis patients
Allergic bronchitis is a chronic condition, and acute attacks can be avoided by following some of the pointers mentioned above.