Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ritam Chakraborty
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ritam ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors I am 20 years old and I have dry cough within 15 days ago. I take a cough syrup but I it nothing give me suggestions. thanks.
I want to become a pilot but my opacity in the lung is becoming a problem! Can lunch opacities go away when the treatment is over & will there be patches visible to stop me from the course?
My wife is having nonproductive cough for the last one week. She took antibiotic with cough syrup, but it does not help a lot. Please do suggest. Thanks and regards.
I am suffering from chronic asthma with sever condition. I am working for service based company. Why I am getting cold even working at 40°C environment. Is there any kind of allergy responsible for it?
I am suffering from dry cough very badly since last 4 weeks and chest pain Can you suggest me something?
I am suffering from stuffy nose frm past 9 days. No medicine lyk montelukast-levocetirizine or inhaling steam is able to help. My nose s watering continuously of thick consistency. Unable to slp also. problem s only of nasal cavity, no cough from throat.
Hi I have sun allergy (chronic urticaria). I have no family history for it. I have no other major health problems. But I am slightly asthmatic. Recently I have visited doctor and he gave me some sunscreens and anti allergic tablets. I have this problem since 10 years old. So my question is, Is there any permanent cure for my disease?
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head.