Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rima Mukherjee
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rima MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
Once I am Going to study something it looks like I have full knowledge of it & while writing nothing is there in mind but only a few lines. Whts the problem?
My husband have some mental problem. He become angry in small thing and to show her anger he is throughing thing and harming yourself many time. He starts shouting loudly and beating her hands on the wall or any harder thing. Kindly give some solution how to control him. Next day he becomes normal that nothings happens.
I am upper lower middle class family girl. In my early teenage my father used to abuse me for every silly mistake. Those days I used to console myself and used to escape from that mental stress, by dreaming about a good family husband who is very caring. But now problem is I am cultivated the habit of that. My mind keeps on day dreaming. It's so weird that I can't sit in meeting. As a software developer I will be having meeting every single day. I am not able to focus on anything. Learning capacity has decreased. Every time my mind thinks of having a nice family husband and a child. Also my brain has thought of my children marriage. What weird habit of my brain I don't know. I don't want to take any medication nor even consult any psychiatrist. Please help me out of this.
How to increase my brain grasping power. So that what ever I read I can easily remember for my exams? Please doctor tell me.
Sir/Madam, My father is 79 years old, he worked in govt sector, for 35 years and after retirement in worked for 20 years in pvt sector he worked very hard through out his carrier, he is not a homely person, 2 month back he took the retirement due his health problem (severe burning sensation in the middle of the stomach). So my question is, both my mother and father staying away from us, so whenever I meet my father he always use to tell me that some times I am having a NEGATIVE THOUGHTS like, why he is laughing, or why he wear red shirt, so can you suggest some exercise or medication.
He thinks his voice is like a female. Any one recognize him as female over the phone and he has mind set of being female personality's in his body. He is not depressed about this. And avoiding marriage as marriage has no sense to him.
How I can sharp my brain becoz these days my brain had become so dull that I forget what I studied in morning. At the end of the day I am with my empty hands si suggest me som remedies or exercise so that I can increase my brain power.
I just everything, I don't have self-confidence, I'm depressed, I just over think, please help me to stop over thinking.
I am 44 male, after my schooling, I started smoking. Initially I started with 4,5 puffs from friends cigarette, it slowly gain and I reached, 4,5 packs, 40-50 cigarettes a day, got bronchitis within 5 or so years. Got treated, dropped my cigarette intake to 80-90 %. Started Guthka that time the cheap one available, like 'Tirangaa' and'555' (brand names ), and I still take it but now the expensive one. Due to some domestic problem in my family, I found some dark and ugly ways to avoid those of my haunting 24*7*365*15 (read, hour, week,year and 15 years) I took to heavy drinking and drugging. I kept drinking for 6 years approx, so much that my hands started to shake if alcohol not consumed. Somehow somehow somehow I shunned drinking, and drugging, after 6 years of heavy uses. But now, from last one year I started to take drugs again in the form of a cough suppressant named'Corex'which I usually consume 100 ml * 3 times a day. I want to overcome it as soon as possible. These things has immensely impacted my married and sexual relationship with my wife. My history is above, treatment needed is, how can I wipe out all the bad effects and side effects already running in my biological systems? Sorry for such a long question, but I couldn't explain it in short. Thanking you.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression.
These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.