Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Reema SharmaYour feedback matters!
My child is 1.5 years and from 3 days I am observing the incisors on the upper jaw being chipped. I see a little whitening also on those teeth. I am a bit worried. What can be the problem?
Hello sir/mam, my brothers teeth are yellow and he brushes twice a day but have no difference. He want to make his teeth white what should he do.?
I am 41 years old, male. My problem is there is a very bad smell in my mouth every time for last few years. I could not speak with others whole heartedly. I have taken allopathy according to dentist, taken homeopathy but no result. I do not have any constipation. Every day two times latrin I do used. What should I do. Please advice.
Past six months I have hypersalivation. Gerd and recurring mouth ulcers. Bruxism is always as I have misaligned teeth. Trauma in upper gums due to that. Using Rexidin mouth wash as adv. Past noon becoming worse. Halitosis and smelly saliva present. Undergone cholecystectomy. Bowel moments irregular. It flares up mouth ulcer. Please advice.
I am 19 years old a boy and I am suffering from sensitivity in my tooth. I can't even drink a glass of cold water. What can I do?
I have gaps between tooth on upper jaw is there any solution to cover the gaps without any side effects.
When I yawn my jaw gets stuck with a sound and it pains also and later it regains original position what should I do.
Hi, my friend has been facing tooth problem. Bad smell come to his mouth, which type of toothpaste and medicine he will has to use. Could you please give advise.
HI MALE, AGE 25. MY TEETH WAS NOT IN PROPER ALIGNMENT SO I DECIDED TO GO FOR CERAMIC BRACES 15 DAY AGO. MY TEETH COLOR IS IVORY AND YELLOISH. WHEN I SEE OTHER ACTORS OR ANY GOOD FACES I FOUND PROPER TEETH & GLOWING WHITE IN COLOR. I ALWAYS WANT TO HAVE WHITE GLOWING COLOR OF MY TEETH. THERE IS SOME TREATMENT OR HOME REMEDIES TO MAKE IT HAPPEN WHITE COLOR? SHOULD START TAKING CARE OF MY WHITING COLOR NOW OR AFTER REMOVING BRACES.PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTON IN MY MIND
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
I have habit of eating pan masala and my teeth are badly red. Is there any remedy without going to a dentist.
My lower lip inside. It's kinda brownish 2 sides. Any reason why it has turned brownish all of a sudden.
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.