Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rayajur Rahman FirdousYour feedback matters!
My friend is 23 years old and she has a sensitive skin problem. Whatever she eats it shows on her face nxt day pimples appear on her face. So pls suggest some tips for her to get clear skin.
I am 21 year old male and I have a skin prob for 10 years. I am suffering from white spot onto my body and I want to remove it as soon as possible what should I do. I heard before dayz now one treatment is available with injection which can remove that spots in few sittings. Please help me.
Hi doctor. Im suffering skin problem from 3 years. My bikni n hip area always rashes. I used anti fungal cream then it will be heel. After 15 days it comes again. My bikni area skin become black n dead. Im very dipresd and feel helpless.
Injury, lingering infirmity deprives the body of the nutrients which are necessary for healthy skin, inflammatory diseases, several hours of heat and sun exposure or contact with sun can all cause discolored skin. If Melanin (whichever of the diverse black, dark brown, auburn, or yellow color of living things as skin color or hair color and eye color) is produced in abundance due to some physiological imbalances, it can result in that area of the body to get darker than the rest.
On the other hand, if there is a decrease in Melanin production then you could get lighter skin patches known as Vitiligo . While most pigmentation anomaly entails patches of skin, others affect the entire body. Depending on the two different conditions the terms hyper-pigmentation (excessive) and hypo-pigmentation (moderate) have been coined. Most women face problems of hyper-pigmentation during pregnancy and after child birth due to over secretion of hormones. 'Mask of pregnancy' is a new age term given to this condition in pregnant women. Most cases are reversible; some might last an entire lifetime, if medical attention is not available at the right time. Hypo-pigmentation should not be mistaken with Albinism, which is a genetic condition.
Albinism is characterized by almost no secretion of melanin. Staying out for very long hours in the sun may cause sunburns, when the skin turns brown or red according to one’s color, once this condition heals (after most of the burnt or dead skin peels off), the tanned portions may remain. Fungal contamination such as ringworm may set off stained skin patches. A compromised immune system can result in discolored skin as well. A frequent allergy that causes skin to get discolored is eczema. Birthmarks are also a kind of discolored skin.
It is wise for you to visit a dermatologist when you start noticing a sudden change in your skin color for no apparent reason, a patch that does not get relieved by OTC medicines or experience a burning or itching sensation on the skin etc. A dermatologist after evaluating your skin and putting you through a couple of basic questions would recommend ointments and oral medicines. He/she may also ask for blood tests to get done. Treatment would solely depend on the primary cause.
Treatment and prevention
- In general, most skin discoloration issues can be dealt with the help of creams containing glycolic acid, hydroquinone, lactic acid and retinoid. These are easily available in the market.
- But care must be taken to not expose yourself to the harmful UV rays of the sun. A sunscreen with the correct SPF count is a must before you venture outdoors. Remember that one should not skip the sunscreen even during the winters.
- Laser therapy and chemical peels will only be considered once topical treatment fails.
- Your diet should include plenty of vegetables and fruits; consume plenty of fluids to flush out toxins. Regular exercising promotes better blood circulation that helps prevent such issues concerning discoloration.
Supplements of Vitamins A, C and E are also prescribed in combination with Vitamin B to improve the overall skin condition. Simple home remedies including lime juice, milk, curd and honey applied on the affected spots with homemade scrubs can help remedy the issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am 19 years old boy I am facing acne problem on my skin my question is that how can I cure it? If my skin type is oily? Are there any natural resource who would cure it?
From past few years I have lots of pimples on my back and bottom all are puss filled. I feel shy and embarrassed to show it to any one. I'm 24 years old. And having this problem from last 6 years tried all soap antibacterial. Please advice. It would be a great help and support.
I hava black spot on my back. I was used many creams but it didn't work on me. Then what should I do?
I'm 22 Years Old i'm having two Gallbladder Stone and mild fatty infiltration of liver is there any chance to clear by naturally?
I am a 27 year old women and recently married though i'm fair complexion but its very dull I keep drinking lots of water also but it doesn't work please suggest me how to get glowing complexion and also what type of diet should I follow and which cream or face wash should I use my skin is very loss and getting dull and wrinkle day by day please help me.
I'm suffering from blood after stool from last two three months. I hav concern d doctor. Took d medicine but after few days again blood discharge during stool. please suggest me what I have to do?
My PSA level is 10.47 and USG report says that the size of my Prostrate is 73cc. On going through the report The doctor advised me to go for Prostrate biopsy. Though the biopsy report which was done on 09.01. 2016 reveals negative results but immediately after the test was done I suffered UTI infection with blockage of urine. Accordingly I had to be admitted in hospital during the period from 12.01. 2016 to 18.01. 2016. During my stay at hospital I was treated with i. V. Antibiotic (piperacillin and tazobactam) and has been discharged on 19.01. 2016 with Catheter in situ and advised to go for MRI –Prostate. Accordingly, On 30.01. 2016 I have been undergone with MRI and the report is as under I)Prostatomegaly with benign prostatic hyperplasia Ii)Ill-defined T2W hypointense mildly enhancing areas in peripheral zone of prostate right side towards base-PIRADS 3/5. Kindly explain me if there is any possibility of malignancy in the report.
Im always having dark circles n paleness on my whole body, And im having only 7gm hemoglobin, plx suggest me some medicines or a healthy diet to improve my health?
What m I do for my seen pimpul marks how to remove it help for seen mark remove and suggest for this and do me a good suggestion bjjojbb jiufvj.
My daughter studying 12th std. Bimbles in face, neck & hand (in black colour) for last 3 years. What should I do?
Laser hair removal is a permanent hair removal method that makes use of laser beams to reach the hair follicles before the light from the beam is absorbed by the same. This method is preferred by people who do not want to go in for traditional methods like waxing, tweezing and epilating as these require regular sessions and may not always be convenient.
Laser surgery for facial hair removal helps your skin look younger and healthier by treating aging, acne, and blotches, scars, wrinkles, lines or excess hair on the face.
This surgery comes with its own share of benefits, which are:
- First of all, laser hair removal is precise. The laser only targets the pigmented area of the skin on your face, such as the hair follicle. This is why only the hair follicle is burned and not the skin surrounding the area, making it a safe procedure.
- Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair from your face at the speed of light. The laser is designed to treat several hairs in a large surface area, all at the same time. There is no downtime after the service and no sticky residue left behind.
- The pain factor varies from person to person because every person has a different level of pain tolerance. Laser surgery is described as feeling like a gentle pinch or like the snap of a warm rubber band.
- Laser hair removal is most effective on the hairs in the early part of the hair growing stage. A concentrated beam of light is aimed at the hair follicle. The laser then converts its energy into heat and heats up the hair follicle preventing it from growing any further.
- Laser hair removal has many benefits that make it a viable option for many people to permanently deal with unwanted hair. You can ask many questions during your consultation to make sure you fully understand the procedure they use and how they deal with the treatment of pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.