Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ravikumar
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Underactive Thyroid
Treatment of Hormonal Imbalance
Treatment of Hyperthyroidism
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Male Infertility or Impotency
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Growth Hormone Deficiency
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment of Gestational Diabetes
Submit a review for Dr. RavikumarYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, I am getting married few days ago, my age is 43, and I am suffering from diabetes since 9 years ago, my testosterone level is 539. My question is how much time I do sexual relationship with my wife? If I do this daily one time, it is harm full for me?
My mom is aged 63 years, she is sugar victim and having shoulder pain and back pain also. We have met lot of doctors, and they are referring lot of tablets. I am worried about that she is taking 4 to 5 tables each a day. Taking this much tablets, may result her body spoils. And from the past year also, she has motion problem also. At present her motion is released once in two days/three days. I am fear to go to hospital now. Her sugar is some times in control and sometimes it may have high. But its managing. Now, what I have to do? Can you please suggest any solution for the motion problem permanently without any side effects? Why she is having this much problems? Can you please help me in this situation, by consuming less tablets per day to control all the diseases.
I am a 35 years and a diabetic . I have an ulcer in my mouth which has turned black for a year or so. My diabetes was detected last year now my sugar levels are always under control I check my sugar every week which is always in normal range. Please advise what to do for this ulcer.
Infertility is a medical condition in which the patient fails to conceive after one year of having unprotected sex. It is advisable that women who are above 35 years of age and often experience irregular menstrual cycles should consult a doctor on being unable to conceive within six months.
Is infertility a common issue?
Infertility has become a common problem for the new age women. Sedentary lifestyle and stress are believed to hamper the fertility of women nowadays. According to a report, about 6 percent women in US in the age group 15-44 years are infertile.
Infertility: It’s not just a woman’s problem
Infertility is not an issue with only women. Both, men and women can be infertile or are responsible for the condition. The process of reproduction requires mutual co-operation from both sexes. Therefore, they can together contribute towards infertility as well. It is wrong to blame the woman only. According to the 2002 National Survey of Family Growth data, it has been found that about 7.5 % men in the age group of 18-45 years (who have has sexual exposure) visited infertility clinics at least once in their lifetime. Of these men, about 18% were affected with male-related infertility issues.
Infertility in men: Men can suffer from infertility due to various factors. The infertility can be detected by analysis of the semen. A doctor can evaluate the concentration of the semen or determine the sperm count, the mobility of the sperm and its shape or morphology. These are important for fertility. Semen analysis can be hampered due to the following conditions:
1. Varioceles - The veins on the man’s testicles are unnaturally large and leads to overheating of the sperms
2. Diseases like diabetes, cystic fibrosis, trauma and infection.
3. Unhealthy lifestyle
4. Environmental toxins
Infertility in women: Women must have proper functioning of the reproductive organs to become fertile. The fallopian tubes, ovaries and uterus must be physically and physiologically fit for getting pregnant. A woman may get infertile due to following reasons:
1. Irregular periods that suggests the woman is not ovulating properly.
2. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
3. Functional hypothalamic amenorrhea (FHA) or excessive physical or emotional stress causing missed periods
4. Diminished ovarian reserve (DOR) or inability of the ovary to produce sufficient eggs
5. Premature ovarian insufficiency: The ovary stops functioning properly before 40 years of age
6. Blocked, swollen or open fallopian tubes
I got my thyroid results. It is hyperthyroidism. Doctor suggests to go for radioactive iodine. What to do? Are there any alternative treatments?
How can exercise make a difference in my diabetes, What is the importance of diet in diabetes, Do I need to take my medications even on days that I Feel fine?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome or PCOS is a common condition to affect women. This is a hormonal issue that is also one of the most common causes of infertility. As a result of PCOS, the ovaries may be bigger than normal. These may have a number of tiny cysts that do not allow eggs to mature. The two main ways PCOS can interfere with fertility are:
Differences in Hormone Levels
The main different types of hormones in the reproductive system are estrogen and androgens. Typically, androgens are converted to estrogen in the case of women. An excessive amount of androgen hormones can lead to the development of male characteristics and traits. Some of the examples of such traits are increased facial hair and body hair. As a result of PCOS, the level of androgen may increase in comparison to estrogen and hence cause infertility.
Healthy ovaries will release an egg every month. This process is known as ovulation. However, in the case of PCOS, a high level of androgens can interfere with the regular release of eggs from the ovaries. Thus, many women who suffer from PCOS experience have irregular menstrual periods. If the egg is not released in time, it cannot be fertilized by sperm and hence conception cannot occur.
The good news is that a diagnosis of PCOS does not imply that a woman can never become a mother. Fertility treatment for PCOS has a very high success rate. Doctors who can help treat PCOS and infertility are known as fertility specialists. Some of the methods used to treat infertility caused by PCOS are:
- Medication to help regulate Menstrual Periods: Birth control medication not only prevents unwanted pregnancies but can also help regulate menstruation. These pills contain estrogen and progestin that can reduce the androgen levels in a woman’s body. By regulating menstruation, an egg will be released at the opportune time so as to allow them to be fertilized by sperm. In addition, medication may also be prescribed to help a woman ovulate.
- Lifestyle Changes: Making a few lifestyle changes can also help increase the chances of conception. For example, weight gain is one of the effects of PCOS. However, controlling your weight and reducing it can help normalize hormone levels. This, in turn, can help regulate menstruation and aid in conception. Some of the ways to achieve this are by exercising regularly, eating a healthy, balanced diet and finding effective ways to deal with stress. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!