Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ratnabali Chakraborty
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ratnabali ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
I am in 7th month of pregnancy period. Would like to know, how would colour of baby has been formed? Which factors plays a major role in terms of colour formation of fetus. Does saffron consumption would increase the colour of the baby? Thank you.
If pregnancy test is negative in three times in 5 days interval then what is the chances of pregnancy?
Hey. I did sex with my girlfriend on 3rd day of her period and ejaculated outside ,and sex without condom and its benn 1 month 5 days and she didn't get her periods back. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
In recent times, the advancement of medical science has substantially contributed in comprehending the Alzheimer’s disease. Unfortunately, the number of individuals suffering from the disease is expected to rise in the next ten years which pose a threat to the allocation of health care resources and public health. Alzheimer’s disease is thought to be a complex disease which influences a person’s behavior as well as cognition through numerous mechanisms.
Can surgery be deemed as a treatment for Alzheimer’s disease?
The surgery is a multicenter clinical trial which is making a new direction in clinical research. It is devised to halt or slow down the problems caused by the disease which gradually erases a lifetime of memories in elderly patients. Though there is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease, it has been found that low-voltage electric charges delivered right at the brain. Only the symptomatic therapies for Alzheimer’s disease are provided which do not have any effect on the evolution of the disease. The standard medical treatments for Alzheimer’s disease include cholinesterase inhibitors along with a partial N-methyl D-aspartate antagonist. In most cases of mild to moderate symptoms of this disease, a combination of treatments is used according to the clinical history, age and condition of the patient.
Mental activity supporting cognition
Many patients having normal cognition or mild impairment have a fear that they may develop AD. Many experts are of the opinion that mentally challenging activities including brain teasers and crossword puzzles can be helpful in reducing the risks in such patients. Clinical trials are under the way for determining whether or not these types of activities have any substantial effect on halting the progression of AD.
Treating AD in its moderate to the severe stage
Numerous studies have shown that blockade of NMDA receptors by memantine can be used safely in combination with ChEls. This combination has been shown to delay the institutionalization in patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
Treating secondary symptoms
A variety of behavioral as well as pharmacologic interventions can help in overcoming the clinical manifestations of the disease. These include anxiety, psychotic behavior, depression and agitation among others. The effectiveness of this disease can range from modest to excellent. No particular agent or dose of it can be unanimously accepted to be the sole treatment option for the wide range of clinical issues. Moreover, in the recent time, the FDA has not accepted any psychotropic agent for treating AD.
Along with these treatment options, there are behavioral interventions that can range from patient-centred approaches to caregiver training for helping manage the cognitive and behavioral manifestations of Alzheimer’s disease. Last but not the least, it is very crucial to point out the significance of treatment in the early stages of AD in order to cure it better. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
Increase in Birth Weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
Premature Birth and Respiratory Diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
High Blood Pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
Follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition.
Age- 29 sex- f height-5" 2 weight- 78 status- married children- one (2yrold) I want to lose my weight seriously to become fit and beautiful. Though I am very active in my daily routine but I don't look like odd to others. I can't walk alone as I have to be with my child all d time. Please suggest me the idea by doing that I will be thin within 6 months. I have uric acid 8. I have turned myself into vegetarian. I drink 3 ltr water. I m using olive oil n spinach in my food. Can I eat mango ripe. Please suggest the diet to loose at least 15 kg weight from my body.
1. Aids in digestion: Suffer from indigestion? well, drink a glass of jeera water every day to help you deal with it. This is because jeera water not only stimulates the secretion of digestive enzymes but also speeds up the digestion process, thereby helping you fight indigestion. Moreover, as it clears out toxins from the body, drinking jeera water provides relief from stomach related problems like acidity, abdominal gas, morning sickness and nausea.
2. Treats water retention: One of the common causes of water retention is the intake of high salt diet and drinking less water or dehydration. And hence, drinking a glass of jeera water every day might help as jeera is rich in potassium, which helps in reducing and preventing water retention. The mineral potassium plays a key role in maintaining electrolyte balance in the body thus, helping you treat water retention naturally. Here's more on causes of water retention and expert tips to prevent it.
3. Boosts immunity: Not just potassium, jeera is also packed with iron, which is important for normal functioning of the immune system. Iron is the key mineral required for the production of red blood cells. Jeera is also rich in antioxidants, which helps in fighting free radicals and lowers your risk of infections. Hence, make sure you drink a glass of jeera water to boost your immunity.
4. Helps in treating anaemia: If you are suffering from iron-deficiency anaemia, then including iron-rich jeera in your diet can help. And what s best than sipping jeera water all through the day to make the most of it. Due to lack of iron, the blood supply to various parts of the body is hindered, which leads to fatigue. Hence, drink jeera water regularly to prevent anaemia.
5. Maintains blood pressure: Jeera water is rich in potassium which helps in regulating fluid and electrolyte balance in the body thereby maintaining blood pressure. So if you are at risk of high blood pressure or suffer from a heart disease, then drinking a glass of jeera water on an empty stomach might do the trick. The mineral also helps in maintaining heart rate along with improving your heart function.
6. Helps in weight loss: Yes, it is one of the few healthy drinks that can also aid in weight loss. Jeera water can help you lose weight by boosting the metabolism. It is rich in fibre which not only subdues your appetite and prevents you from cravings but also acts as a powerful detoxifying agent, thus helping you lose weight.
7. Nourishes the skin: The antioxidant property of jeera water is responsible for clearing toxins from the body, which can aggravate acne and blemishes. And hence, drinking jeera water not only aids in the absorption of nutrients but also detoxifies the skin helping your skin to glow naturally. The presence of vitamin e and a exerts anti-ageing effects of jeera water making your skin smooth and clear.