Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ratna SahaYour feedback matters!
What foods to be taken in pregnancy to get thick hair and maintain same after delivery also please suggest me to remain same after delivery.
I am just finished my conceiving period from 8 jan to 15 jan .now how earlier I know that I am pregnant and what precautions I have required to do.
I am a 5 month pregnant. I have a cold. Can you suggest me the home remedies for this without medication.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Since I had family responsibilities, I got marriage at 33 years old. We both are working and tired once we left from office. My husband and husband lost his stamina every time when we tries to intercourse. My husband's penis is also too small and we are getting trouble in intercourse. please advise me in this regard. Coz I want baby at the earliest.
My wife is pregnant first time i cant know how many times injections give him and which month for healthy baby.
According to a study conducted by “Psychology Today”, it was found that couples who underwent a pre-marriage counselling have had more mutual understanding and lesser divorce rates. Given the staggering rate of divorce these days, it is wise to go through a pre-marriage counselling before tying the knots. Here are the top 10 benefits of a pre-marriage counselling:
- Discuss the hot topics: The biggest benefit of a pre-marriage counselling is the fact that most of the hot topics such as which religion will the children follow, what happens when the in-laws interfere in the relationship, which car to buy etc. reach an easy consent. This step will help to settle down on some of the most important events of life without having to fight, argue or divorce.
- Wisdom of the counsellor: The wisdom of a marriage counsellor goes a long way in settling some of the initial apprehensions of marriage. Having gone through the process of marriage and counselling many others, a counsellor knows where the shoe pinches and how to address them maturely.
- Set the expectation right: A pre-marriage counsellor helps to set the expectation right for both the bride and the groom. An open discussion helps a couple gauge the kind of adjustments they must do after marriage. This ensures that there are no pretensions with each other.
- Communication: Communication is by far the most important aspect of a relationship. A counselling session helps a couple understand the importance of listening to each other, discussing issues without arguing and not taking each other for granted.
- Review finance: Finance is a big matter of discussion for any couple. Be it the monthly budget, savings, spending everything is related to finance. Although uncomfortable, both the partners might discuss the financial situation at great length to avoid any unnecessary complications going forward. A pre-marriage counselling helps in doing just that.
- Discuss what matters the most: A pre-marriage counselling gives a couple the chance to discuss what matters the most to them. For instance, it can be career, freedom, space or anything. This counselling session will help the partners find out about each other’s passion.
- Discover the unknown: This session gives a unique chance to the partners to find out things that never got discussed before. Stuff like past trauma, hidden talent, untold emotions and so on are included here.
- Prevent the stumble: It has become fairly common among couples to split within months of marriage because of disagreements. A pre-marriage session can greatly help to avoid such a situation by making perspectives clear to each other.
- Lay down the rules: A marriage is the union of two lives. It is, therefore, necessary to understand the do’s and the don’ts. Understanding the liking and the disliking of each other is essential for a marriage to survive.
- Discuss the future: Above all, a pre-marriage counsellor helps couples to understand what they want. Since both of them influence each other a great deal, discussing future such as children, time needed for the family, personal goals etc. can be discussed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Hello Dr. My periods were from 20 December to 26 December, on 31 December we have unprotected sex. On 2nd January suddenly bleeding start and it remain till 7 January and it's only few drops of blood 2-3 times a day and also have foul smell. Tell me the reason for bleeding and what to do.
Hello man, I used to have PCOD but with last check its not seen. One year I had gud regular period but again this month its almost 15 days late. I am 31 years married I did pregnancy test. Its negative. Still didn't get periods n getting white discharge past 5 days. Panty almost slightly getting wet.
I am 23 weeks pregnant. For past 3 days, I experience pain and pull on my right while peeing. Peeing has become very difficult. The pain is right above the pelvic bone. Towards the right. I had got my urine tested for infection only a week ago. The reports were normal. Is the pain and pull normal?
I am having backache for some months post pregnancy. Also from last few days since my periods started, I am feeling numbness in my fingers. I am a nursing mother and have delivered 6 months back. Please suggest if this is normal weakness or should I get some tests done.
1. Ice cream is a great source of vitamins.
Vitamin a, b, c, d and e are sound in every scoop of ice cream. Thiamine and niacine are much needed by the body too. Did you know that ice cream can save you from blood clotting too? the vitamin k in ice cream can save you from that!
2. Ice cream provides you with a lot of energy.
Because of its high nutritional value, not to mention the good protein and the carbohydrates that it contains, milk has become essential to get the energy that you need. With all its goodness, ice cream should indeed be a daily treat.
3. Ice cream contains much-wanted healthy minerals.
Calcium and phosphorus are building blocks to help keep your bones strong and healthy. Ice cream contains these two most important minerals that can save you from suffering from kidney stones.
4. Ice cream stimulates the creative thinking.
Ice cream does not only help you lessen the negative effects of stress, but it helps your body produce more happy hormones. Ice cream is made out of milk, which is a natural tranquilizer that will help your body relax.
5. Ice cream can help reduce the risk of suffering from cancer.
The calcium contained in every scoop of ice cream can reduce the risk of developing colon cancer. Since it is a catalyst for keeping your bones healthy, the calcium in milk is another good reason why you should give in to that indulgence.