Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ratan GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am a 17 years old boy and I am preparing for nda so I use to run for 1 km daily and after 100m my legs starts pain so what should I do to reduce legs pain.
I am 52 years old having thyroid from 8 years ,taking regular medicine of thyroid but these days I am suffering from body pain from head to toe almost every week. I have to take nucoxia pain killer for this . and thyroid is also normal. What could be the reason for this and what should I do?
Few weeks ago I had a bad hit on my right side ribs while playing football. The pain was very severe. It happened to reduce later on but I have noticed that it still persists during some particular muscle movement related to right side of my chest. This is as severe that I had to stop breathing for a moment. Is the pain related to my lungs or muscle? How can I get over it?
MY MOTHER IS NOW 55. SINCE 2011 SHE IS A PATIENT OF LIVER PSYROSIS. FROM THEN SHE IS TAKING A LOT OF MEDICINES DAILY. WITHOUT TAKING MEDICINES SHE CAN NOT STAY A SINGLE DAY WELL. BUT THE MEDICINES ARE OF HUGE PRICE & MAY BE OF MANY SIDE EFFECTS. HER STAMINA & IMMUNITY IS GETTING LOW. SHE HAS ALSO HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE & THYROID PROBLEM. THE MEDICINES SHE TAKES DAILY ARE: 1) LIVOPILL-DS (1+1 tab), 2) COMPLETE-TD (1+1 tab), 3) NEOPRIDE TOTAL (1 tab), 4) OLMIN-20-H (1 tab), 5) NEOPEPTINE (before lunch & dinner), 6) THYRONORM-50 mcg (1 tab). SHE BECOMES WEEK DAY BY DAY & VARIOUS TYPES OF PROBLEMS LIKE SKIN PROBLEM, LOSS-APPETITE, LOTS OF PAIN HERE & THERE OVER THE BODY. WHAT SHOULD I DO.
I have feel pain in my full body when I am wake up in the morning and it is regularly feeling every time, please suggests me the perfect treatment to free from this pain. Thanks.
Last year one false tooth is installed. With capping on two side tooth for the support. And one month back I had fever and small joint body pain doc said it was chickengunya. But report came negative.
A #joint is where two or more bones come together, like the #knee, #hip, #elbow, or #shoulder. Joints can be damaged by many types of injuries or #diseases, including
1. #Arthritis - inflammation of a joint. It causes pain, stiffness, and swelling. Over time, the joint can become severely damaged.
2. #Bursitis - inflammation of a fluid-filled sac that cushions the joint.
3. #Dislocations - injuries that force the ends of the #bones out of position
Treatment of #JointProblems depends on the cause. If you have a #SportsInjury, treatment often begins with the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation) method to relieve pain, reduce swelling, and speed healing. Other possible treatments include pain relievers, keeping the injured area from moving, rehabilitation, and sometimes surgery. For arthritis, injuries, or other diseases, you may need joint replacement surgery to remove the damaged joint and put in a new one.
She went through big losses in her life after that she become I'll, body pain, lack of sleep, anxiety and much more. please suggest what to do.
I am suffering from body pain. Wt shall I do? And I have dag circles on my body can you tell wt to do?
Why do body pain come after we recover from. High fever and cold, is that a symptom of any other flu.
I am 24 year old. I am take 2yrs codex cough syrup but now I am Quit taking codex syrup last 5month. But now I feel acidity, pain all body, fever, dry mouth, allergy. please give me best solution.
My body get heat up even weather is cold. I can not sit at one place more than 1 hour my body start paining. In morning time I frequently go for toilet. Tell me reason?
My mom suffers from body pain daily when she gets up especially in heel. What she should do to get rid of this problem?
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain.