Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi SinghYour feedback matters!
I 30 years suffering from burning sensation in chest and frequently suffering from mouth ulcersPlease suggest some permanent remedy.
I am suffering from my teeth problem, my teeth condition is very bad. There is small hole. What do I do now?
Small painful mouth sores can be anywhere in the mouth lips, soft palate, hard palate, cheeks, gum base, tongue and even on the roof of the mouth. When situated inside the mouth, they can cause pain during eating or swallowing, especially with hot or spicy foods. A bigger cause for concern is that these mouth sores or mouth ulcers or canker sores could be an indication of an underlying health condition. A lot of chronic diseases, including HIV, herpes, and syphilis, manifest themselves as mouth sores. The following are some of the health conditions to watch out for when you have mouth sores. Each disease has characteristic appearance and so very often are easy to identify.
1. Herpes simplex (HSV1): The herpes simplex virus causes sores on the lips only which are usually painful with red blisters that last about 10 to 14 days. These are caused by herpes simplex virus type 1 and the sores appear about 20 days after contracting the virus. Also, once they enter the system, they can cause recurrent attacks especially when the immunity is low.
2. Canker sore: The most common type of mouth ulcer, they are also known as aphthous ulcers and are usually seen on the soft tissues of the mouth (not the hard palate or the gum base). These are generally innocuous and heal within 5 to 7 days. Do reach out for medical help if there are more than 5 to 6 bouts of canker sores in a year.
3. Oral thrush: Also known as candidiasis, this is where there are whitish lesions on the tongue and the insides of the mouth. Candida is a fungus that is normally present in the mouth, but when the immune system is weakened, it can lead to an infection, orally manifested as white lesions. These are typical and appear in toddlers and in patients with anemia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, or cancer patients on chemotherapy.
4. HIV/AIDS: Another disease which first can be diagnosed in the mouth is HIV/AIDS. In the first stages of infection, known as acute retroviral syndrome, where the first symptoms of the disease begin to manifest, oral ulcers are one of the first symptoms. With the other associated symptoms, more workup for diagnosis should be done followed by appropriate treatment.
5. Oral cancers: The lining of the inside of the mouth can develop cancer and usually it appears in the form of chronic non healing ulcer that just does not go away. Seen anywhere in the mouth, nonhealing ulcers are a cause for concern and should be investigated and treated.
As seen above, mouth sores may be harmless often, but in some cases, may have something more to tell about the health in some cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Gingivits –acute ulcerative
With heavily coated tongue, Mercurius col 30 thrice daily.
I have a cavity from past 10 yrs have taken treatment before 2 yrs but there is no use . Still i have cavity in my 2 tooth. So please suggest me
I mostly suffer from constipation and mouth ulcers. How to cure this problem. Mouth ulcers are very painful.
I am 35 yrs old my teeth has lost its whiteness after my delivery. I brush twice a day but my teeth look yellowish. please help
Sir I have faced RCT last January. Me dentist crowned my teeth with white cap but now some parts of cap have damaged. Sir now what I do.
I am having habit of chewing pain &supari last 15 years. Last 3-4years I am not able to open my mouth complete. After a dentist consult he told me I am suffering from OSMF some white patches but if I will continue with same habit it can transform into cancer. Please guide me how to take care to avoid cancer and how to widen my mouth opening.
My front 2 teeth is paining ,because of that am getting nose pain. Could you please suggest the reason for that.
Hello sir I suffering for bad breathing please sugest me good paste and shoot out my problem quickly.
I am 28 years old. Now a days I found that it was bleeding from my gum. So, please suggest me what to do.
Braces aren't just for teenagers – it’s never too late to improve your dental health and beautify your smile. About 1 million Americans over the age of 18 wear braces. Your Orthodontist can help you determine if orthodontic treatment is the right option for you. You can also request an evaluation and receive treatment from an orthodontist, a specialist in diagnosing, preventing and correcting malocclusions.
Dr. Bikramjeet singh