Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Raquiuddin AhmedYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 22 years old (male). How to solve acne dark spot in fore head. Some big acne affected place its too dark. Pls give me a treatment?
I always suffer from dark sports on my cheeks and white sports in winter season only and my skin comes out in March April n may month from last 6-7 years every year. I have this to problems every year in my life last 6-7 year.
I have hair fall problem for last 3year. I have also sebacian cyst and too much dandruff. Sometimes I get scalp problem. Scalp get irritated when I enter in the sunlight. I have used ketoconazole. But no improvement. Hairfall pattern is just like androgenic alopecia.
My palm has always been rough and dry since birth. Is there any treatment or Home remedy to make it soft?
Too much itching since last 5 -6 days in whole body, causes redness and bumps nd private parts. Need help please.
Hello, i'm suffering from severe skin infections mostly ringworm since April which is 8 months. Large part of body is infected; thighs, forehead, arm, hand, .neck, back, chest means almost everywhere. Different doctors have prescribed Ciprolar FC, Topifort NX, Betnovate C but nothing worked out. Please help me out and suggest some great medicines for so. Thank You.
Hello Sir Many Pimple On Face. And Caught Fire On Face. I have Many Dark Circle on my body help me to reduce is. I drunk 10 to 12 liter water in a day.
Hi sir, I have scabies and I consulted my city doctor and I used medicine and lotion and anti scabies soap also but when we use medicine I controls and after wards it start itching so, please tell me the perfect medicine and lotion cream and soap. Sir scabies have any course to use medicine.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.