Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranjit Kr Roy
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit Kr RoyYour feedback matters!
I am 63 year old female. I have recently had a massive heart attack and been told after angiogram that I have two 90% blocks on right and one 90% block on the left. I have been advised to go for bypass surgery (CABG). Is it safe/advisable for someone of my age to go for surgery? Can I recover through medication only without having to do surgery or angioplasty?
Central obesity and heavy alcohol intake can lead to heart rhythm abnormality/ atrial fibrilation.It can cause clot formation in heart,which when discharged from heart can block a brain vessel leading to paralysis.
Prevention is better than a life long disability.Avoid central obesity and heavy alcohol intake.
Sir, My age is 45 years. I am suffering from sugar for last 15 years. Now I am suffering from very high blood sugar. Fasting 275 and pp 375. I am taken glymet and piosis 30 mg twice a day. What can I do now. Thanks.
I was diagnosed with low BP. Sugar level in the blood sample says normal where as urine sample says +green. Am I developing diabetics. My LDL is 170. Started taking tablets for cholesterol. How to be healthy. Am also stressed due to my work.
How to reduce LDL cholesterol which has come upto 150 mg How to reduce triglycerides which has come upto 160 mg. How to increase HDL cholesterol? Is TAB lipaglyn good for this issue. I am non diabetic and no blood pressure. My gall bladder is removed as I had stone I have weight gain, how to reduce my weight Thank you.
what are the reasons for heart attacks. please tel me what its symptoms and if a man having stunts in heart what is his life span and how he should be maintaining his life. Today is a bad day that my friend have heart attack and died. After first attacked then after how many years second attack will come or how can we reduce the risk. please tell me in clarity.
The heart is not just the seat of emotions. It is a vital organ that keeps your body working. It helps in circulation of blood throughout the body. You might get a heart attack if you don’t take care of it. It is an organ that needs utmost care. It is a muscular organ. A heart attack occurs when muscles that form the organ are deprived of sufficient oxygen supply. It is also known as myocardial infarction. It is believed that when there is not enough oxygen supply to the heart muscles, the part that has been affected gets damaged, which is a dangerous situation.
Sometimes, it even gets deadly or fatal. There are certain risk factors for heart attack. These are as follows:
4. High blood pressure and high cholesterol
5. Excessive consumption of alcohol and smoking
6. Sedentary lifestyle
7. Poor and deficient diet
Warning signs of heart attack
There are certain warning signs for heart attack. One must check this and immediately seek medical help, on experiencing them. Here are some of the warning symptoms:
1. Chest pain and a feeling of discomfort in the area: While some complain of pain, other doesn’t feel it. The pain can also radiate to surrounding regions such as arms and shoulders.
2. Excessive sweating
5. Light-headedness: It can occur at the time of heart attack. It is most commonly experienced by women.
7. Indigestion, nausea, and vomiting
8. Chest fullness
10. Jaw pain
Tips for a healthy heart
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
2. Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
3. Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate medicine for the good heart.
4. Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
5. Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
6. While eating, ensure that the atmosphere around is absolutely peaceful and serene.
7. Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
8. Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
9. Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes. Intake of raw tobacco or getting addicted to drugs is also harmful to the heart.
10. Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Workout and exercise on regular basis.
11. Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions.
12. Maintain a peaceful environment inside your home. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.