Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranjit Chakraborti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit ChakrabortiYour feedback matters!
My vagina is loose due to more sex. Please tell me easiest and finest way to get back tightness. I can't afford surgery or very tight gel type expensive creams. Please tell me something that could work 100%
Hello Doctor! I guess I'm suffering from vaginal infection but I'm not sure that it's yeast infection or BV. I am having swelling, irritation, burning sensation, itching on the surface and there is a discharge of white (lil bit yellow) thick stuff like butter as well and it's not smelly. Please prescribe medicine as I don't want to go to any random doctor as I don't know any doctor here. I also used coconut oil to stop itchiness and it helped.
What type problem arise if policyst seen in left (size 39) and right (size 42) ovary? Which type treatment need for this?
I am 27yrs old. Delivered a baby boy on Jan 2015 by C section. I still didn't get my periods. Is that normal or should I consult my gynecologist?
I am not getting regular period s when I consulted doctor she said that I should lose my weight is any relation between periods and weight if s plzz suggest me to reduce weight.
It is not just men who are worried about their performance in bed now-a-days, but women too worry about the same and our society too is changing and the men are more considerate about their partner's pleasure. Female orgasmic disorder (FOD) is now quite common in women of all ages and there are innumerable therapies that can treat this trouble efficiently. This trouble mainly leads to lowering of sexual desire, mainly due to lower production of testosterone. On the other hand, libido also gets decreased as a result of which lubrication gets hampered a lot.
Major therapies for treating FOD:
- Counselling therapy: This kind of therapy has currently gained popularity as a sex therapy. This therapy is useful among all and can offer optimized benefits in treating FOD. The root troubles of FOD can be easily and accurately detected by this therapy. Some commonest troubles are relationship issues, past abuse, depression, anxiety and other related ones. In this case, you have to visit any experienced counsellor who has specialization in conducting the concerned therapy.
- Hormonal replacement therapy: This is also quite a popular therapy that can help in increasing the sexual drive in females. This therapy is mainly conducted for increasing the efficiency of the sexual hormones in women so that they can take part in sexual interaction with their partners actively without any hindrances. Menopause symptoms can be completely eliminated using this therapy so that you can fully concentrate on your sexual desires. There are some specific medications that are used in this therapy so that hormonal efficiency can be boosted.
- Taking supplements: You can now take different kinds of organic or natural supplements that can increase your sexual drive and enhance your testosterone levels. Make sure that only herbal ingredients have been included in the supplements so that unwanted adverse effects can be easily curtailed and you can only get the real effects. Arginmax is a common supplement which is highly enriched with nutrients and thus your body will get all kinds of essential nutrients, especially amino acids that not only increase the sexual arousal but also the blood flow.
- Taking medications: Taking medications is also quite a good option, but only in case the medicines have been prescribed by certified doctors or sex therapists. Antidepressants can be used for getting rid of depression, which is one of the leading causes of reduced libido and sexual desire in women. Some of the most popular alternative medicines that can be used in this regard are Effexor, Serzone, BuSpar, Celexa and Wellbutrin. All these medicines have lower side-effects, and this is the reason doctors often recommend them. Viagra can also be treated as one of the most useful options as blood-flow can be increased by consuming the same.
The above mentioned therapies are now being treated as the leading options that can offer guaranteed results in increasing women's sexual desire.
I married before one year my wife was preagnant after one mounth of our marrige and aftet a week she was bleeding we gone to docter doc was suggest for abbort now its one year my wife wants to pragnant again but she is not consiving pregnacy so pease doc suggest some thing for this.
Hi Dr. I'm pregnant (10 weeks) I had blood check up recently in that RUBELLA IgG Result is positive 109.5 Dr. Said I need more clarity and information abt this Dr. And 6 month before I had rashes on my under harms, I hv not had any medication for this, that time I was not knowing abt Rubella, Is there any problem in present or future. Pls tell me Dr. Pls help me out dr.
I am 72 years old male. I have problem of Urine urgency. I can stay away from home for any work for 3 -4 hrs. Without any problem. But the moment I reach home I feel urge of passing Urine. Some times slightest delay causes to loose control and urine is passed in pants. This happens occasionally. I have urine retention of about 15 - 20 ml. Checked before 4 years. I am not diabetic. My BP is well controlled within limits with medication. I have allergic Asthma but it seldom troubles me and gets controlled by some Homeopathic medicine.
PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome is a common ailment among teenagers and women and is caused when a woman has a hormonal imbalance. In addition to the production of estrogen which is the main female hormone, women also produce some amounts of testosterone which is the primary male hormone. When the level of testosterone is higher than normal, it leads to several gynecological problems including PCOS.
There is hyperandrogenic environment which leads to menstrual irregularities and certain manifestation such as hirsutism, acne. Weight gain in young adolescents leads to metabolic X syndrome and Insulin resistance, again causing menstrual irregularities and infertility.
What are the signs and symptoms of PCOS?
- Irregular menstrual periods are characterized by some women having periods more than once in a month while some have their periods after every few months and others have no periods at all. The flow can range between very light and very heavy.
- Some teens complain that there is an unwanted growth of hair on the chest, face, hands, back, arms and legs and even around the nipples. Also, young women with PCOS have severe acne problems along with dark patches on the face, neck, armpits and in between the breasts. All these conditions also have an adverse impact on the emotional health of an adolescent.
- Women with PCOS experience some level of insulin resistance which leads to accumulation of fats around the abdomen. It causes an excessive craving for carbohydrates along with hypoglycemia. Many of these symptoms are experienced during the adolescence period and are generally overlooked. This makes it difficult to diagnose PCOS and treat it subsequently.
- Teens and women with PCOS also suffer from severe weight gain, and they are at a high risk of developing type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure at a later age.
- The symptoms start developing at the onset of puberty as there is a general increase in the insulin levels as an integral part of human development. Teens who are faced with these challenges later suffer from chronic diseases like type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, endometrial cancer, heart diseases and hypertension. Therefore, early recognition, as well as treatment, are extremely crucial to prevent these conditions along with infertility.
How is PCOS treated?
If you suffer from these problems, you need to consult with an expert gynecologist who will evaluate your overall health condition along with the menstrual cycle. The doctor will also ask whether you have a family history of PCOS and in this preliminary examination, he will check your blood pressure, weight, height, and overall appearance such as the growth of hair on the body and patches of darkened skin.
The treatment for PCOS in teens may include lifestyle changes such as eating healthy foods and exercising, counseling with a registered dietitian for losing weight, medicines containing female hormones and medications to help utilize insulin better. Treatments also include laser therapy or electrolysis for removal of unwanted hair in the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!