Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ranjit ChakrabortiYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old female. My period came 5 January 2016-9 jan 2016. But after 16 days heavy bleeding came. So I went to Dr. and he told me its ovulation bleeding. My but now my period not come on 5 february. And I am married and trying for baby. So can my period will come or can I get pregnant.
I have sex with my girl friend 4.4. 2016. And she got periods on 5.4. 2016. Is it possible to get pregnancy.
I'm going to undergo d-lap for infertility as advised by doc after d-lap whether body conditions change? Can you explain how we feel after doing d-lap? Hw should v take car of us after d-lap. After d-lap is it easy to conceive.
I'm 20 years old, i'm getting periods twice a month with bleeding 10 to 15 days the gap between periods is mostly12 days since 2years and hair lose, weakness please send solution to me.
I was operated of testicle hernia when I was 14 years old on the right side. Now I'm 33. And I now feel that I still have hernia on both sides. Will that affect my sperm count? I'm very healthy and into sports. No pain. Do you advice to get myself operated before I get married or plan for a child?
My marriage was 2 years ago. I have missed my periods. I am trying to conceive. How and when can I get to know that I am pregnant or not? What should I do? How much should I wait?
Hello I am 22 years old I have done sex every month 10 times regularly for about a year when I have done 1 times then regularly for 12 days den I take break of 6 months den when I done sex I bleed again and after that I do it 10 11 times every month for about a year now I am getting married with another guy due to some issues and from past 2 years I do not even touch my vagina does now also m loose as I take proper diet do yoga and exercise daily can my husband get to know about my virginity does there is any Ayurveda treatment for this or any other treatment for this I do not even touch my vagina from 2 years please tell me can vagina becomes tight between these 2 years.
I have severe cramps during my periods starting from one day before period starts till after bleeding stops on 3rd or 4th day. I am 30 years old and married for last 10 years. I do not have children and have decided to remain childless. We currently use condoms as contraception. I visited a gynecologist who clearly said that I have primary dysmenorrhea and there is no cure except for painkillers. He also suggested me to have child to get rid of period pain permanently. I have been thinking about using oral contraceptives hoping that it may reduce pain or if I continue taking oral contraceptives without break, I may avoid having periods. Am I thinking correctly. Kindly suggest what oral contraceptive (name & chemical composition please) would be suitable for me!
Actually Maine kal Apne period ke first day hi protect sex Kiya but uske baad regular bleeding ho rahi hai. Aur stomach mai pain bhi ho Raha hai. Second ye ki mujhe apni vasectomy karani hai eske liye period ka kitane din baad Kara vasectomy Kara Sakti hu. Kya eske liye period ka 5th day hona hi compulsory hai or month mai kabhi bhi Kara sakte hai.
My cousin's wife is very weak in sex she is not interested in sex they have no child. Any pill of sex increase please suggest.?
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult a gynaecologist immediately.
1. Foods Belonging To Brassica Family
Consume Foods like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega -3- Fatty Acid And Proteins
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain L-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach And Collard Greens
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in Zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods And Anti Inflammatory Foods
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods And Vitamin D
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin D rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20- 30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, And Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C And Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.
My wife is pregnant now. She is only 20 days. She wants to abortion without surgical. Please suggest me some medicine for abortion.
Men in their 20s are more active and possess fast metabolic rates as they can be good in bed even after having a tiresome day. How can this not be possible in your 30s? This is because you have hit your 30s and there is a lot of difference in the peak you had in your previous ages. To understand this change is quite critical, as what you do during these changes affects your overall sexual health.
The male menopause also known as andropause starts hitting individuals as early as 35. During this stage, there is a drop in the libido and even can cause erectile dysfunctions.
How do you avoid this? Here what you can do on a regular basis to keep yourself fit at all times so you can be fit when it matters the most!
- Check your family medical history
- Check your testosterone levels proactively
- Eliminate artificial sweeteners
- Keep a check on your alcohol consumption
- Dump the junk and add more veggies to the palate
- Get a lot of sleep
1. Check your family medical history - Family history is an important determinant to understand the faults in one's genetic DNA. It matters even though you and your family must be living a different lifestyle or live in a different environment, but as they say, it is all in the genes. You can still lead a healthy sex life if you are active and fit at times available to you.
2. Check your testosterone levels proactively - Declining levels of testosterone brings a lot of problems such as hair loss, decreased sex drive, depression and memory levels which is again a vicious cycle. To avoid this, include meat, fish, cheese and yogurt in your regular diet.
3. Eliminate artificial sweeteners - Sugar may not be our strongest friend but it is our strongest foe for it all does other than lessening sweetness in our morning tea/coffee/diet soda but also increases the risk of developing non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
4. Keep a check on your alcohol consumption - It is okay if we gulp down a drink or two of red wine daily, but if it is more than that, then you can say good bye to love making sessions as excessive drinking can not only destroy your liver and your gut and so on but also impair your libido. The key here is just moderation.
5. Get a lot of sleep - A minimum 6 hours of sleep is ideal as it helps your brain health, manages your stress levels and most importantly optimizes the male hormone production which helps you in a healthy libido to satiate your partner. Men who sleep lesser than 6 hours have an increased risk of stroke and heart disease as well. So take care of your body while you can before it's too late!