Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranajit Mondal
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ranajit MondalYour feedback matters!
I was treated for gonorrhea a months ago but the symptoms like vaginal discharge is not yet gone and now I have trouble breathing, getting thinner, I have also joint pain, back pain, and muscle pain. What it means.
If I took pregnancy test after 1 month of having sex and 3 weeks of missed periods nd it shows negative results so is there is any chance of pregnancy?
I am 28 years old and I had missed my period I had visited to gyna for medication has provided some dose which I had taken but yet it has not stated.
If you are in the process of considering a breast augmentation procedure, here is an insight into what you can expect. In general, or in the majority of the cases, the surgery encompasses three phases—consultation, operation, and then the most important part, recovery. In most cases, the breast augmentation is completed under general anesthesia where the patient remains asleep through the procedure.
How is the surgery performed?
The surgeon makes an incision in the crease under the breast or under an arm or around the nipple to separate the breast tissues from the connective tissues and the muscles of the chest. This enables the creation of a pocket-like structure behind or before the pectoral muscle. Then the implants are inserted in this pocket and centered behind the nipple.
What may happen after the breast augmentation procedure?
- Soreness and scars: After the surgery, some patients may suffer from soreness accompanied by swelling and bruising for around three weeks after the surgery. The scars tend to fade gradually with the passage of time even though a faint scar remains all through one’s life.
- Discomfort: Some may experience a slight or tolerable pain in the nipple after the surgery. In rare instances, patients undergo sharper, and burning pain with touch. A light massage can help ease the discomfort.
- Swelling: Some people report that their breasts feel firm after the surgery though this is a passing phenomenon. As the swelling subsides, the patients feel natural tenderness in the breasts within a short span of time.
- Things to take care during recovery: Sometimes, surgeons recommend wearing a compression bandage or sports bra for proffering extra support to the breasts and the implants. If there is a pain, then the patient is prescribed pain-relieving medications, as well. Though healing takes a long span of time, however, one can easily resume back to their daily activities within a week. It is advised not follow a strenuous job or continue with any strenuous workout for a few months or till complete recovery.
- Avoid strenuous activities: It is advised to sleep in a recliner for the first 2 days after the surgery, as this reduces the pain and swelling. Also, one should refrain or minimize the number of times one raises the hands above the head. It is advised to refrain from exercising or strenuous workouts for at least 3 to 4 weeks after the surgery.
The week following the surgery will be most difficult, and therefore, it is advised to complete all the important jobs before the surgery so that the body gets the required rest and recovers quickly.
As you can see, it is important to know and learn about the whole process before undergoing the surgery or deciding to undergo surgery so that you can make an informed decision and go about it systematically.