Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ranajit Mondal
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Ranajit MondalYour feedback matters!
My wife is 26 years old. She is suffering from pcos problem and under treatment. Doctor gave her hcg injection for ovulation. After fifteen days her period began. Now my wife is feeling frequent urination and pain during urination. Please suggest me treatment for it.
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common reasons to visit a gynecologist are enlisted below.
- Menstrual irregularities - The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
- General well-being - Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
Related Tip: 6 Nutrients Women Need The Most
Hello doctor. Need your advice on second pregnancy. Currently having 1 year little one through C-section. My age is 31. Is it right time to get pregnant again.
Dr. Saheb kal Maine ek sawal pucha tha k meri biwi ko last month 11 February ko period aaya tha lekin ab tak usey period nahi aaya hai. Jab k 5 March ko Maine unprotected sex Kiya tha. Meri biwi ne aaj bataya k kayi din se usko mahwari aane se pehle mahilaao ko Jo pain hota usey ho raha hai aisa lag raha hai k ab period ka khoon aa jaaye ga lekin period nahi aa raha hai. Fir pain khatam ho ja raha hai. Kya yeh mahwari aane ke sanket hain. Kya usko mahwari aa jaaye gi ya nahi. Jab k already aaj 8 din late ho chuka hai. Aam taur par kitna din late ho sakta hai.
Pregnancy is something, which is quite divisive. The mere prospect of it can really go a long way in scaring people. At the same time, for some others, giving birth to a baby can be the primary cause for a lot of happiness. When a couple is having trouble conceiving, infertility is usually the reason why there is a relationship strain between the two of them. Considering this, doesn’t it make sense to learn a bit about infertility and the truth to all that is said about it so as to separate the wheat from the chafe?
To start with, it is often said that when there is an infertility issue, it is probably due to the lack of fertility of the woman rather than the man. However, this is pretty untrue. It has been found that both men and women are responsible for infertility almost equally. In fact, according to a study, in about a fifth of the cases of infertility, the reason for it was that both the man and the woman were not fertile.
Many people say that, if a woman wishes to have a baby, she should do so before she crosses the age of 35. This is true to some extent as the chances of a woman conceiving do fall to a significant extent after the age of 35. As a matter of fact, a woman can expect to reach the peak of her fertility while she is in her twenties, itself!
Without a shadow of doubt, having sex around the time of ovulation is the key to getting pregnant. However, it is believed by a large number of people that there is no chance of getting pregnant if sex is had too soon or too late after ovulation as sperms only live for a few hours after an intercourse. The truth is that the sperms have the ability to live for several days.
When planning to conceive, many women believe that for about a quarter of a year or three months after they stop making use of the birth control pill, they will not be able to get pregnant. The good news for them is that as soon as the pill is stopped, the levels of a woman’s hormones return back to their pre-pill levels almost immediately and ovulation can be expected to occur at the time of their following cycle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.