Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ranajit DeYour feedback matters!
How to enhance a boy aged 9 years to show interest in reading and writing. Shows more interest in computer games.
17 years old my son is very narrow-minded and reserved behaviour. He was looked after in a day care center up to 8 years of age. Will this affect to his nature?
Women's day special
A must follow rule for moms of young toddler - please don't eat leftovers
One rule that all you moms absolutely must follow is to never finish up the food your child has left. Eating the food left over on your child’s plate is a very common phenomenon and this leads to the mom eating double and gaining unnecessary weight.
That food is designed for your kid and is rich in calories, fats which are required for their growth.
Eating even smaller amounts of foods over a period of time can result in substancial weight gain, let it go in the dustbin and please do not treat your stomach like one.
Dear Doctor, My 9 months old baby tries to vomit while feeding and also she does vomit acting many times a day. So we don't feed for food with a fear of vomiting. Please suggest how to control that vomit actings. Regards, Jay.
Hello doctor! Should I give 2almonds daily to my 22months old daughter without soak? And what are the healthy food to boost her mind.
Sir my baby has club foot disorder in 1 leg. She is 11 days old. What is the treatment to be given and how much time approximately it will take to be cured. Who is the best doctor in howrah and calcutta and how much it will cost in plastering and treatment approximately. please guide sir.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My daughter is 2 years old and her hairs are very less and also growing too much slow, we have shaved her hair 4-5 times but of no use. please suggest us how can her hairs increase and grow.
My baby is sneezing and got a running nose, she's 5 months old. What are the homemade precautions we'll take to avoid different types of medicine?
My nephew has been hospitalized since 3 days. She is Just 9 Months old. She had fever for past 5-6 days. Even after being hospitalized there is no improvement she is not talking meals properly and all the time she is fussy and irritated. What should I do?
I have 3 month baby boy and he use to urinate 15 times a day but urine is not yellow color and smelly and he even not crying .is this normal I thought Because of cold condition outside this is happening please suggest.
Hi Doctor, My son is second kid and his 1.3 months old, But he is not speaking other than word "atte" Even you teach also he is not able to call amma or appa. Please help me on this. Do the need full. My first daughter is 4 years old and she is healthy.
My 14months daughter was born with low birth weight (1.75kgs). She doubled her birth weight by 5 months, but since then her weight has not increased much. Started solids after six months. Before that she was exclusively breastfed. She has got a mild pulmonary valvular stenosis but docs told it has got nothing to do with her weight gain. She is only 4kgs now. Twice during winter she has to be hospitalised with respiratory distress with upper respiratory tract infection (viral). Since than she was on nebulizer for 5 months. Done many blood tests there to find out the reason behind her poor growth as well but all test gave normal report. Only she has very high eosinophil level and high WBC count. Mentally she is alert and very active. Kindly advise what to do to improve her condition of FTT. Right now I am giving her high calorie foods like banana, sweet potato, egg yolks daily. She does not like milk at all. So I am making porridges n pudding with it and feeding her. Also she is suffering from chronic constipation since she started solids. From past two months she has to be given milk of magnesia twice daily.
World Diabetes Day is celebrated on 14 November, each year. It is the primary global awareness campaign for diabetes as it is one of the major problem of today's time. With an upsurge in the number of people suffering from diabetes, the sole aim of celebrating this day is to create awareness about this disease and suggest preventive measures to those who have not acquired it and provide tips to manage it to those who are living with it.
So, here are 15 health tips that will help you manage your diabetes effectively:
- You should quit smoking as it is very bad for diabetic patients. Smoking leads to narrowing of the blood vessels, which reduces proper blood circulation.
- You have to track your exercise patterns. Take actual notes about your exercise habits and make necessary changes based on the record.
- Eliminate fast food from your diet. Avoid eating out at restaurants and avoid taking extra salt, sugar and calories. You should cook your meals at home with light ingredients and less salt and sugar.
- Diabetes severely affects your vision and blindness is and blindness is a serious problem which may occur. Hence, get your vision checked regularly to prevent retinopathy.
- Avoid having quick coffees. Fancy cups of coffee are full of sugar, which lead to glucose and insulin fluctuation in your body.
- You must stay active and fit. This is the most important lifestyle choice for any diabetic patient. By exercising, you will maintain a good shape, your metabolism gets boosted and the insulin production increases as well.
- You should use a pedometer to calculate how much you are moving each day while exercising.
- Try to consume fruits and vegetables. By trying new vegetables and fruits, you will be able to keep your blood sugar under check and see how your body reacts.
- You must increase your amount of fibre intake. Fibre is important for diabetic patients, which keeps the digestive processes to run smoothly. Your cholesterol level decreases and blood sugar levels may reduce if you take enough fibre.
- You should chew gum as it keeps your mouth busy. It makes you crave for less food.
- You should eat on smaller plates. This is a psychological trick which makes you consume less amount of food and your sugar and calorie levels are maintained.
- Before taking any food item or eating out, gather information about them. Learn about diabetes friendly food options at restaurants and check which products you should avoid buying from the market.
- You should get your blood sugar levels checked regularly. You should check it several times a day to learn how your body responds to food.
- Circulation problems may cause issues with your feet, which may lead to a lack of sensation, cuts and scrapes. Check your feet regularly to notice changes.
- Instead of having 2,3 large meals a day, you should take several small meals throughout the day. This will keep your body’s digestive processes active thereby increasing insulin sensitivity.