Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Rajib SarkarYour feedback matters!
I'm 26 years old female, my hubby's sperm cell count is low, but my family is waiting for good news that when I will conceive, it's almost 2 years, so they're forcing me, I want to have sex with my boyfriend to become mother, but he is not interested, he is saying that there are chances to get aids for both of them. please help me in this regard.
Health benefits of hibiscus tea
- Helps in weight loss.
- Aids in blood pressure.
- Boost immune system.
- Helps to prevent cold and flu.
- Used as a sports drink to satiate fast.
- Helps to reduce anxiety and depression.
- Aids in digestion and increase urination.
- Provides relief from cramps and menstrual pain.
- Protects liver against infections and diseases.
- Slows down the growth of cancerous cells by inducing apoptosis.
My period date was 30th september it's been 6 th day I have no sign of periods. Today I had sexual intercourse I have noticed that I couldn't happen as my vagina was dry and it was getting inside after I went to was I have noticed milky white n sticky discharge. As intercourse dint happen properly so why tha discharge?? I. Trying to conceive. Pls help. Is ths I the sign of pregnancy tht my vagina is tight. N I hve very low libidos from past 2 weeks. Plss help.
My wife is 26 years old, her periods comes on 10th date ,after sex at 16 may ,she take a tablet of ipill, then again period 25th may, then check home pregnancy test it is negative and after 1 month and 5 days there is no any symptoms of pregnancy and home pregnancy result will also be negative bt there is problem her periods had not come after 1 month and 5 days.
Im having four times more testosterones, sonography reports are normal, periods are regular but im having excessive hair growth on my face and body. What maybe yhe reason then. Pls suggest any tests or natural ways to balance hormones.
My wife is pregnant under five month. But her amniotic fluid is low from adequate Her AFI is 80mm. What is the problem arise to my wife and baby What is the solutions? I have one year.
Hello. I and my girlfriend had a protected intercourse on 2nd Feb. But I rub her without protection for 5-10 seconds. For safety she took an ipill within 24 hours. She had her withdrawal bleeding on 8th Feb for 4 days. It was mild than her usual bleeding. Her periods were due on 14th Feb. But she has not yet got her periods. Did upt thrice at an interval of 7 says each. Every time it says negative. We are very very tensed. Is she pregnant? Please help.
Medico legal aspects of sex therapy
Sex and human sexuality are sensitive subject. To deal effectively with any problem of human sexuality, one has to constantly evaluate its merits and demerits from social, scientific, moral, ethical and most importantly from the legal angle. Following are some of the guidelines for therapist to keep in mind while dealing with clients with sexual problems.
Taking informed and expressed consent is of utmost importance while managing any patient. Examining and / or treating a patient without consent would amount to assault and battery which is punishable under criminal law irrespective of absence of negligence or successful outcome of treatment. The consent should be free willed, informed, intelligent, specific and express. Person giving consent should be competent to do so, failing which, consent should be obtained from the lawful guardian of the patient (in cases of minor and/or mentally retarded).
Examinition of a female client
Besides obtaining a valid consent, in case of female patient, the therapist should always have a female assistant present when examining a female patient this is important for the therapist in order to protect himself from a possible charge of indecent behaviour molestation or even sexual offence like rape ect. Being llevelled against him. Mere presence of husband or any male companion of the female patient is not enough. A sex therapist, in particular, is most vulnerable and therefore should be most careful.
Use of surrogate partners
Use of surrogate partners for sex therapy is questionable both ethically as well as legally. Sexual involvement of the therapist is universally accepted as unethical. There have been a number of cases where the therapists themselves, having acted as surrogates, have been punished for sexual molestion of their patients. It may also invite a criminal charge of adultery in some countries, including india. There are cases on record where the therapists have been charged with and convicted of rape.
Unlike some other countries, the socio cultural set up in india is different. The laws governing sexual behaviour are neither liberal nor evolved as much as in some of the western countries. Besides, surrogacy is likened to prostitution by many. Even if one were to consider surrogate partner as a therapist, then the ethical code prevents a sexual relationship with a client. Moreover, there is every possibility of a disease being transmitted. Particularly the hiv infection, in view of sex with multiple partners by a surrogate person.
Therapist should have uppermost in mind the special values of intimacy and love that our culture teaches us to nurture.
It is the ethical responsibility of every sex therapist to maintain high standards of professional competence and integrity. Competence without integrity or integrity without competence is an unsatisfactory compromise of professionalism. It is most important to protect the public and the other professionals from persons who represent themselves as sex therapists who are in fact lacking in competence and intergrity.
Competence in another primary discipline such as psychology, psychiatry or counselling is not equivalent to competence in sex therapy.
A sex therapist should possess adequate knowledge of the following:
1. Sexual and reproductive anatomy and physiology.
2. Developmental sexuality from a psychobiological point of view.
3. Marital, family and interpersonal relationship and socio-cultural factors in sexual values
4. Physiological and medical factors that may influence sexual functions such as pregnancy, contraception and fertility, illness, disability, medications.
5. Multimodel techniques and theory of sex therapy and psychotherapy.
6. Pharmacology of the medications used to treat sexual dysfunctions particularly with respect to their adverse effects and interactions with the drugs being consumed for other ailments.
7. Ethical issues in sex therapy and principles of evaluation and referral.
8. Laws related to sexual behaviour.
Points to bear in mind
all forms of sex therapy which violate the local laws should be handled with care recommending oral sex as a part of therapy is violative of section 377 of the indian penal code which deal with unnatural sexual offences.
the hippocratic oath forbids the physician to take advantage of the therapeutic context in order to engage in either homosexual or heterosexual relationship.
it is a universal rule that whenever dealing with reproductive functions is involved, express consent of both the spouses should be obtained.
proof of competence is the ability to provide objective and responsible services to the clients.
there does exist a potential liability under the laws of the land prohibiting consensual conduct such as prostitution, fornication, lewd and lascivious behaviour and adultery which might arise from therapeutic or non- therapeutic sex research activities.
sex between therapist and client is always unethical. No matter how therapeutic the rationale might appear, there is no justification for a therapist having sex with a client. The purpose of sex therapy is to improve function, not to change values or beliefs of the client.
Hi. I think I am pregnant. I have done the test twice and the results were positive. But today morning there was light bleeding. What should I do?
Sir if i had sex in month of april and she she had period too. Then after a month means in month of june stomach becomes hard and feel that something is their. Does it mean that she is pregnant. If then to avoid the pregency and get relief what should we do? is she pregnant?
I got my periods on 24 th of July then I had intercourse on 3rd of August. So is there any chances of getting pregnant.
Pregnancy is a transformation phase in itself -it brings with it changes to almost all body systems. The oral tissues and the teeth are also affected significantly. Extra precaution is required to maintain regular oral health and avoid severe decay and/or gum disease. If not avoided, the dental infections can cause severe systemic infections and require strong antibiotics, x-rays, minor surgeries, and root canal therapy which may not be safe during pregnancy.
Higher levels of estrogen during pregnancy in the blood lead to a lot of visible changes in the oral cavity - higher incidence of tooth decay, gingival and periodontal inflammation, and even minor benign tumours in some cases. The notorious morning sickness plays havoc with the person's oral hygiene habits, thereby further complicating the situation.
Prior to pregnancy: A pre-pregnancy dental check-up to look for gum health and decay would go a long way in a healthy pregnancy, from the dental point of view at least. A thorough scaling and screening for cavities done before pregnancy can help avoid dental visits during the term, other than for routine checkup.
Pregnancy: If that pre-pregnancy visit could not happen, then visiting your dentist should be one of the first things to do as soon as you have confirmed your pregnancy. At this stage, no dental treatment can be done. Any elective procedures (cosmetic, etc.) will have to be done only after delivery. If the dentist identifies no cause for worry, that is great news. However, if there are any causes for concern, like a decay, the non-invasive treatment should be done at the earliest. When you are pregnant, note the following from a dental point of view:
- Oninvasive treatments like minor fillings can be done
- Regular scaling and polishing is not a problem
- Let the dentist know about all the medications you are taking
- Visit the dentist every 3 to 4 months for a regular check-up
- Follow good oral hygiene practices including, brushing, rinsing, and flossing
- Switch to a bland toothpaste in case of severe morning sickness
- Watch your diet - the teeth forming in the fetus require nutrition through you, so ensure adequate intake of minerals like calcium and potassium
- Avoid sweets and sticky/chewy foods that can lead to plaque formation
Though dental procedures can be done during the 4th to 6th month, they are best avoided, which can be done with better planning and some minimal care.
After delivery: After the delivery of the baby, please visit your dentist to ensure you have again ensured there is no emergent dental condition requiring attention. Resume your regular dental care after delivery.
With a little planning and extra care, dental health can be managed nicely during pregnancy with minimal to no pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
My baby girl is 4 and a half month. She is only in breastfeed. Her weight is 5.20 kg. She got born in 35 weeks weight was 2.35 kg. Shall I give formula milk? From last week she is sucking her thumb a lot.
From 2 or 3 months I feel pain in my left breast and and both nipple and lump like thing inside my breast before period. But after period all of thing go away. But this month that pain and lump problem have come 15 days before period. Help me.
Hello I am soumain dhara 23, I had a unprotected sex with my girlfriend and sure the sperm is enter or not but she went to toilet after sex and she also take a I-pill in 14 hours, so she will be pregnant or not.
What are the steps to follow during eighth month pregnancy to get the normal delivery and healthy baby.
Living with a serious disease is not easy. Try these 25 practical tips to help you throughout your treatment.
1. Adopt a fighting spirit.
2. It's okay to discourage false cheerfulness and to share how you're feeling.
3. Seek support from your family and friends.
4. As a member of your health care team, learn about your disease and ask questions.
5. Be an active participant in your treatment and recovery efforts.
6. Make positive changes in your lifestyle that will improve your outcomes, such as quitting smoking, incorporating exercise and getting good nutrition.
7. Find something to laugh about each day. Good humor is healthy for the body and soul.
8. For safety's sake, when not feeling your best, ask for transportation assistance to your medical appointments.
9. Participation in a support group can help you learn from others.
10. Pay attention to how you are feeling and get plenty of rest, good nutrition, and take time for personal care.
11. Find ways to express your feelings by speaking with a mental health provider or a cancer center social worker.
12. Consider complementary therapies, such as massage, aromatherapy, acupuncture, yoga to help relieve stress and other symptoms.
13. Just be yourself and continue to do the things that you already enjoy doing.
14. Continue your current sports activities as much as physically possible.
15. Allow yourself private time apart from your family and friends to do nothing, or something important to you.
16. If you are currently employed, continue to work if physically possible.
17. Practice guided visualization and/or meditation.
18. Nourish yourself spiritually through prayer or guidance from a religious leader.
19. Listen to relaxing music that can bring about serenity.
20. Read uplifting books.
21. If you have a significant person in your life, keep the romance going by selecting romantic movies to watch.
22. Take time for simple pleasures, such as a warm bath, a manicure or pedicure.
23. Keep in mind that your memory function and energy level will fluctuate according to your treatment and medications. Let your caregiver know when you need help.
24. Consider writing down your feelings in a journal.
25. Keep a calendar and or log of activities and appointments to help stay organized.