Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajat KumarYour feedback matters!
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
My brother had scalings on his lips. For the past 5 years. Since it was minimal, we used to apply moisturizers and vaseline. But since last 2 months, it has become quite severe. We have tried vaseline, aloe vera, various antiinflamatory creams, and also b complex, vit a & c suppliments. But in vain. Please advice.
Dear Sir My age 19. And my face have many pimple.and My eye have black round circle. Please solution me.
Hi I am working girl I hv dark circle from that time when my age was 13 years old and now its looking very bad and I am tried all kind of eye cream bt it doesn't work so please help me out of this and tell me what should I do and why it is?
While some scars are negligible, others can mar your beauty. With cosmetic surgery, today, it is easy to remove scars and make them less prominent. Scar revision surgery can range from invasive procedures, such as scar excision to non invasive procedures like cryotherapy, laser therapy and topical silicone therapy. However, none of these have perfect results. The main aim of scar revision surgery is to make the scars blend in as much as possible with the surrounding skin in terms of colour, texture and elevation.
Picking a scar revision procedure is a matter of weighing the pros and cons of each type of procedure and the cause for dissatisfaction:
- Functional limitations of the scar and likelihood of functional impairment after surgery
- Patient's expectations
- Location of the scar
- Quality of skin type and surrounding tissue
Scars are formed due to a number of reasons, such as acne, cuts, burns, surgery and infection in a wound. Scars created by an overproduction of collagen are the most difficult to treat. In most cases, a patient requires multiple surgeries for scar revision.
Some of these surgeries are:
- Surgical Excision: This procedure is usually performed on large scars that do not respond to medication. Here the surgeon shaves and cuts down scar tissue to minimize the size of the scar.
- Laser Surgery: This is used to smoothen the scars with raised or uneven surfaces. It involves the removal of the top layer of skin and tightening of the layer below it.
- Z plasty and W plasty: These surgical treatments aim to reduce the visibility of the scar by repositioning them along the natural lines and creases of the skin. All topics that sent after editing should be considered as approved.
I am having a burnt left hand. It got burnt because of hot water, but the doctors bandaged it which damaged the skin. This is the case when I was 3 years old. Now the problem is that its arteries are facing tension when I bend my wrist down. I mean my arteries are growing too slow than my hand. So I want to ask that is there any way to lengthen my arteries so that I can move my wrist down. The skin has also damaged, so what to do to make it look normal.
I have a very severe tan in my forehead and my skin has also turned a very black. Please suggest what to do to remove the tan.
I am getting darker day by day. I dono d reason, pls suggest me some natural tips to become fair, I want my colour complexion back.
1. For a Glow: The intensity of the sweet potato's yellow or orange flesh color that is directly correlated to its beta-carotene content which helps our bodies to produce vitamin A. When eating such sweet potatoes, include a small helping of fat such as ghee to maximize the beta-carotene.
2. Sun Protection: It contains a compound called lycopene which contains large amounts of vitamins that help the skin from Ultra violet damage. Consuming sweet potatoes leads to healthier skin and glowing face.
3. Wrinkle Free Skin: The presence of high levels of vitamin C in sweet potatoes speeds not only repairs the skin it also produces collagen to maintain our skin's elasticity. It particurly helps the skin during stress and has anti ageing properties.
4. Moisture Locking: Sweet potatoes add to our requirement of Vitamin D, which helps in locking moisture and keeps your skin soft and supple.
5. Iron Dosage: Sweet potatoes also contain iron which we need in adequate amounts for metabolizing protein, energy, blood cell production, which in turn makes the cheeks red and skin healthy looking.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.
I have a soaring and dry skin pink patches on my feet near ankle (socks area). It creates irritation, and soars. Looks ugly. Pls advice.
One of the most significant glands in the male reproductive system is the prostate gland, which is responsible for carrying urine from the bladder. It is located right under the bladder and helps in production of semen which contains sperm.
Prostate cancer is a slow growing form of cancer that is rarely seen in men below the age of 50. It may occur due to both, genetic and environmental factors. Here is a list of measures that can help in preventing this ailment.
Food Intake and Weight: Apart from age, the major factor that contributes to the risk of prostate cancer includes food and weight. Doctors suggest that bringing down your intake of calcium and fat that comes from red meat and excess dairy can help in preventing the onset of this ailment. The calcium intake should not go beyond 1,500 mg per day, which is why doctors will usually ask you not to have supplements. Cooked tomatoes with olive oil as well as cruciferous vegetables including broccoli and cauliflower should be included as a vital part of one's diet, while fish should be taken regularly as it is a source of healthy or good fat like Omega-3 fatty acids. In general, you should have fewer calories which should be matched up with ample exercise so that a healthy weight and balance is maintained.
Stress and Blood Pressure: Stress and anxiety are also major reasons that contribute to the onset of this disease. One will need to see a doctor about high blood pressure, especially the kind that is triggered by stress and causes hypertension. Also, you must control your cholesterol and stay out of depression to ensure that your risk of developing prostate cancer reduces. Also, having these conditions along with prostate cancer makes the survival chances that much lower. So, you must get the right medication and treatment for these conditions as well.
Lifestyle: One will need to quit smoking, that can cause a number of ailments including prostate cancer. Also, drinking alcohol in moderation is required in order to have a healthier lifestyle and cut the chances of developing such ailments.
Screening: While your diet and other aspects may be right, there is still a great chance of developing prostate cancer, especially if anyone in your family has been afflicted with this condition in the past. Therefore, it is recommended to get an annual screening done so that you eliminate the chances of finding it out late, and can check the growth of any anomalies as soon as they take place. Getting regular checks ups done and getting diagnosed for the problem when the earliest symptoms begin to show are both crucial for prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a oncologist and ask a free question.