Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rabishankar Chowdhury
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rabishankar ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
Good Evening, I am a 29 year Old Unfit & Freaky Man looking to get back into Perfect Shape over a small period of time. I have 15 months to get slim before I may think of getting married. While other factors in life are also "not very normal" such as Timely Sleep, Diet Plan, Unstable & Irregular Eating, Excess Stress since I am working & simultaneously studying and lot of hyperactivities such as violence, red eyes, sometimes vomiting that may lead to Diabetes and high Blood Pressure in future. I am seeking a controlled & proper diet plan, contents of ideal diet according to my condition, specifications on calories, types of exercise, Yoga if required, Jogging & Running, Gyming, etc. Please Provide suitable strategy and motivating factors that may work as "push" factor for me not only for diet related activities and exercise but also for lifting me in life for full-control. Although I am a disciplined ethical man, but my lapse happens in my laziness and carefree attitude. NEED GUIDANCE AND HELP ! Looking Forward to Hear from you,
I am Male 37 years I am an Epilepsy Patient I am not taking tablets which have carbamazepine Is it then k to have a low carbamazepine say 0.25 or even 0 it should matter or not? Recent Liver function test I had the below Alanine aminotransferase serum 49 Ammonia 85.Please suggest for that.
I have concentration & dedication problem. I am not able to concentrate on anything can't study for long and can't even workout. (I always feel lagged and uphappy. Feel like inactive)
I have a headache and I am unable to concentrate on things and have specs which make me headache more.
Dear Sir, My Wife Age 46 Suffering with tachycardia. She was suffering with BP and anxiety. As per Family History She mother and Grand father suffering with Schizophrenia. Per month pnes her heart beat 300 per minute. daily she use metXL-50 mg and Temavas 20 mg. Please suggest is their any surgery like pace maker.
Anger is a normal emotion. However, it is equally important to keep anger under control. Just like any other emotion, anger too varies from person to person and from one circumstance to another. Uncontrolled anger can lead to mental and physical stress. It also causes stress in relationships and hampers overall well-being.
Anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction. Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. An angry person may lash out verbally and at times physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment may leave one with regrets or bad consequences.
Here are some of the ways that you could learn to gain control on your temper:
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that a problem exists, you must try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.
- Focus on the present: Whenever you're angry, don't look back at the past. By doing so, you may end up bringing past grievances into your present situation, while holding others responsible for feeling how and what you feel. Instead focus your attention on what you can do in the present to work out the issue.
- Hold no grudge: Holding on to the negative feelings will have a negative impact on the health. Focusing on the present will enable one to let go off bad experiences with a person. Letting negative experiences go not only keeps the relationship healthy, but also keeps you away from stress and harmful emotions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
I am 22 years old I feel tired and body pain all day whether I do some work or not. I feel faint when I standup after sitting.
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!