Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Rabishankar ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
My problem leg very hard pain mai ek manila se gir gaya tha jiske karan hameshaa pain rahtaa hai koi solution bataye.
I wonder if there is something my physician won't tell me, or meds which are withheld. Do those who have been treated for mental symptoms get the same treatment as others?
Sometimes my anxiety level rises high and I also begin to sweat how can I keep my anxiety levels under control? I've heard magnesium supplements can help one in keeping it low. Please advice.
Asperger's Syndrome or Asperger's Disorder is a neurotypical condition that affects the development of the child the effects of which continue into adulthood. This condition typically shows up as difficulties faced by the patient when it comes to social interactions as well as other nonverbal means of communication. It should not be confused with autism as the patient has no speech and cognitive development delay.
Asperger's syndrome can show up as restricted and repetitive patterns in the behaviour of the patient. It lies at the higher end of the autism spectrum and the signs are usually less obvious.
Here are a few ways with which you can effectively deal with someone who is suffering from this disorder:
- Routine: The patient suffering from this condition will need a certain kind of stability as it is very difficult to predict what will happen in the near future or to even plan for it. The best way to tackle this scenario is with the help of a proper routine that can help the patient achieve some kind of control over the situation surrounding him or her so that he or she is better equipped and more capable of handling normal functioning and social situations as well.
- Information: It is also a good idea to help these patients in looking at and in processing information. While normal people may easily be able to discard insignificant or unimportant information, the brain of the patient suffering from asperger's syndrome does not allow him or her to do so. In many cases, the patient is not able to filter the important and the unimportant information. This can debilitate many functions. So, it is important to be present to help the patient in making decisions and processing information that is actually relevant to his or her functioning.
- Learning: One of the most crucial things to remember with the Asperger's patient is that they tend to understand and process things when they have a visual presentation rather than being told verbally. So showing them things practically in the proper manner is the right way to help them learn and process situations in a correct way. This will prevent them from doing things in the same old way even when their brains tell them that it will lead to wrong results.
- Physical Abilities: Poor motor skills as well as lack of proper organisation skills are traits that usually characterise these patients. It is important to make them aware of this during games and activities that require management as well as use of social skills. For example, football and other such activities can be introduced in the routine. This will promote interaction with the team in order to play and enjoy the game.
Hi, Actually I had my breakup last month. So from that time I remained sad most of the time and I have to face a lot of stress. Any way to overcome that. Please help.
I dont know where to start . I feel so hurt, frustrated, disturb and lonely, my prob is that wen I get angry or frustrated I take out all my anger and frustrations at my bf and later feel very guilty. this days he has changed alot. He took to me nicely but we lack that old spark that we had in our relation. Sometimes he use 2 leave me all alone and I feel very bad. N we are not in the same city now, he went fo cochin in anoda city. Do you think he got ova me?? few days ago I told him that he is very changed and I am very hurt by his behavior and I want him to be like before he said that its not possible because I have changed but I have not changed. i am having lots of prob that I cant deal wth so I remain always frustrated and may be in solving my prob I have hurted him alot or might not have taken care of him. Please help me. I really cant leave with-tout him. I feel like crying. I have even asked him whether he got over me. But he always says that he loves me and sometimes gets angry n say dt I olws thnk nonsens. M I being irritating to him? we were very happy bfore. He use 2 look after me lyk ah baby, I love him very very much. I know I should have mange my anger. I feel so guilty now. He is the only 1 wt whm I share everything. He is my love, my dad, my bestie, my everything. I will be very alone if he would leave me, I may even commit suicide.
My girl (21) is suffering fr high headache (headache come and go), she is not able to think anything, shes not able to feel any thing, she is there with everyone in family still not with us mentally, shes getting broke every time and its too hard to she her like this. Situation she is going through is like hell every second of her life. As day passes she's getting depressed its been more than a month as first she got high fever as we conducted test we found typhoid. She already got healed fr typhoid as of now (healed 15 days back so not taking medicine). Fr the past 25 days this things started after typhoid 3-4 days later (mind not working, headache, not in sense, she is not feeling people thought/talk) when shes talking to anyone, every time she want to be alone. Is anyone know about it please help me as its me too whos dying daily (trying hard to motivates her but seriously tougher than as we say) see her like this as thrs no help fr doctor. Whenever we go to doctor they ask stupid questions (cmon please understand patience pain rather than telling her not to think any thing, I know she thinks a lot earlier too she used to and there is no point for depression. But now she is coz of no sign of improvement its only coz of her issue she is facing) her health condition is good but mind is not with her to think anything or sense it getting. Now she does not like to eat as well but she feels hungry. She sleeps a lot whole day Hemoglobin was 10 (time of typhoid report) which is low but now she's not feeling weak. Doctor 4 days back she was back to normal (she was happy like never before) for 2 days, after we read about migraine and she started having coffee three times a day but it lasted only for 2 days only then again those sense less, can’t feel anything, headache started Her words, how she is going there day by day “its like sabke saath hote hue b I feel im alone. Sab samajte hue bhi I can’t feel ki whats going ard me, everyday every second is going thr hell. Does not want to talk anyone jst be alone” complete history. 1. headache fr past 2 years (it comes nd go but not this one which is going there right now for past 25 days) 2.there's no exact place where the pain is, it occurs everywhere *it happen whenever she is tired or she has travel alot then too it started 3.it seems like nerves going to blast, the impact of the pain she go there 4.she have allergies with medicine "metrogyl" whenever consume she got loose motion as well stomach pain. AFTER 3-4 DAYS OF TYPHOID 1.Irritation started *she had experience vertigo after typhoid as well when she got headache (sometimes it happens not always) 2.main problem she is not in sense (evrytime) moment it started and mentally its too hard… its not like when she got headache then she can’t feel or sense anything 3.whiteness on her face as well on her body she things a lot zarurat se zyada it can be becoz of her routine change for past 2.5 yrs, late night sleep. Ard 3 am. No breakfast she had loose faith on everyone whether doctor or anyone that she will ever get back to normal life because of this, ol kind of stupid thoughts (i’m soo worried) We are looking homeopathic treatment What should I do please advice.
He gets nervous, panicky all of a sudden and doesn't want to speak to anyone n feels as if something will happen to him. His body temperature also drops at this time. He has previous history of depression also. Pls suggest.
My cousin daily drink 500ml Rexcofe Cough syrup. And it is his daily habit. So I want to get stop the syrup. Please advise Me for stop drink syrup.
I am lazy and not productive and sensitive (cry a lot when i'm alone) and I have so much anger on my parents for not caring about me. In that anger, I break so many things in my room. I loose interest after some time in work.
I am a 22 year old female. My father has schizophrenia. And I'm facing some issues. I've isolated myself. Also in the verge of losing my job. I have suicidal thoughts, but haven't thought of doing anything. I have mood swings. I am normal sometimes but there are times I don't even want to talk or eat or do anything. Most of time I keep day dreaming and lose hold of reality. I don't think about my future or any responsibilities. I stay in my room for almost the whole day. I'm staying at my parent's, but still I don't feel like talking to them. I tried to check if I carry my father's illness. But I don't have any hallucinations or delusions. I've had depression for like 4 months continuously but later I had depression with gaps. Can you help me analyse what is this?
I want to look more mature. By looks and much more without any surgeons. I want you to suggest me what to do for becoming more mature. I don't study can't concentrate in studies. What can I do. I sometimes act like foolishly.
I am suffering from depression due to my relationship problem. I recently went through a breakup. Please help. I am feeling to do suicide now as I don't see any option to recover from it.
If you thought that fame and money are enough to keep a human being happy and healthy, then you could not be more mistaken. Mental and physical ailments can affect anyone at any time. Celebrities in particular are even more prone to mental disorders with their stressful lives that are centred around topping their past success with even more success, and filling their bank accounts with even more money.
So let us cast a glance on the Bollywood or Indian movie industry stars who have suffered from mental disorders:
- Shah Rukh Khan: After his shoulder surgery, Shah Rukh Khan went through a bout of severe and debilitating depression. This surgery had to take place due to an injury sustained on set during the year 2008. Depression and anxiety are known to affect people who have been going through chronic physical ailments and are forced to give up an overactive lifestyle. When this jet setting superstar was confined to bed, he fell into a state of despair and hopelessness. With the help of therapy and positive thinking, he was able to get back on his feet again and portray his charismatic persona on screen.
- Deepika Padukone: The dimpled actress recently came out in the open about her recent brush with depression and anxiety when she was busy promoting her blockbuster movies. She ended up going for therapy and taking control of the problem before it took control of her life. Once she had recovered from the overwhelming phase with proper therapy, she began to support mental health care causes so that more people would become aware and learn to take the necessary steps once they recognised the symptoms.
- Parveen Babi: She was one of the most beautiful actresses of her time who was also featured on the Time Magazine cover - a huge feat for an Indian celebrity at that point! Shortly after being diagnosed with depression and paranoid schizophrenia, she moved to USA. Overwhelmed with chronic depression and debilitating schizophrenia, she ended her life with suicide at her apartment in Mumbai.
- Sanjay Dutt: He may have played and aced the role of Doctor Munna Bhai on screen, but this actor suffered from insomnia and depression during his prison stay. The untimely demise of his mother and legal hassles followed by marital problems led to this state until he took the initiative to recover and get back to a normal way of living.
- Manisha Koirala: This well known actress suffered from acute clinical depression during her short marriage. With therapy and divorce behind her, she has started scripting her new life again.
These celebrities show us that we must take charge and bounce back no matter how profound the problem.