Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. R P SenguptaYour feedback matters!
A blocked nose is not only annoying, but extremely discomforting. Several reasons can be held responsible for it and common cold is certainly not the only one. Some other reasons include:
Therefore, the remedial measures for blocked nose vary, depending on the cause that led to it. Some of the ways by which you can redress this problem are:
- Use a humidifier: Sinusitis is often held responsible for a clogged nose, a condition that is almost always accompanied by severe pain. In such a situation, placing a humidifier in a room proves to be extremely beneficial. This machine treats blocked nose by converting the water to moisture. This fills up the room and significantly increases the humidity of the room. Therefore, when you breathe, the humid air soothes the inflamed blood vessels in the nose and helps you to breathe properly.
- Take a hot shower: When you find it difficult to breathe, a quick hot shower can go a long way in curing the discomfort. The logic that operates is the steam generated from the hot shower thins the mucus and also considerably reduces the inflammation in the nose, allowing you to breathe normally.
- Drink lots of water: Though the suggestion may seem incredible, drinking water actually helps in unblocking that blocked nose. When you drink a lot of water, the mucus in the nostrils is thinned, at the same time it pushes back the accumulated fluids, thereby curbing the condition of blocked nose.
- Using a saline spray: This is one of the most ancient and trusted ways of treating blocked nose. By administering a saline or a nasal spray, the moisture in your nostrils increases and radically diminishes the inflammation.
- Use warm compresses: Using a warm compress has been the most reliable form of medication in times of high temperature and also at times of blocked nose. The compress that was dipped in hot water, when placed on the nose and forehead helps to unblock the nasal passages. The soothing effect of the warm compresses reduces the inflammation and facilitates the process of breathing.
I am suffering from disease sneezing yearly please tell me proper treatment. As I went different hospitals nothing can happen.
I am a computer teacher. In class I have to speak loud, but after that I feel pain in my throat. What should I do?
My right side ear is paining. I feel more pain when swallowing something. Right side of my throat is also paining. What medicine should I take ?
I have used dewax solution to clean my ears. After cleaning ears they are getting closed and its dim to hear and also making my mood dim. What can I do to make them clear and clean?
I am a breast feeding mother of 2 months baby. Since two days i am suffering from throat pain and tonsils. Please suggest some medicine ?
What Causes Meniere’s Disease?
Meniere's Disease is a disorder that basically affects the sense of balance and hearing of the patient. This condition takes place in the inner ear and it may cause problems like vertigo, where patients experience a spinning sensation and a ringing sound as well. This is a chronic disorder, which requires a number of lifestyle changes so that it can be managed and treated without becoming a debilitating problem.
Read on to know more about the symptoms and causes of the condition.
Symptoms: The various signs and symptoms of this disease include a feeling of fullness in the ear, which has been affected by the condition. Also, most patients have a spinning sensation and a ringing sound in the affected ear. Nausea and vomiting may also be caused by this condition, along with sweating and loss of balance. It is also normal to feel uncoordinated when you are suffering from this condition.
Secondary Symptoms: This condition may also cause many other complications, which are known as secondary symptoms. These include anxiety, depression and stress. This usually happens due to the problems in the ear and even the problem of vertigo. This may cause problems for people who climb heights or ladders for their work or even for other recreational causes. The constant sense of dizziness and spinning may cause a person to become anxious and undertake stress when it comes to carrying out various kinds of functions in day to day living.
Causes: There are various causes of this condition, even though many medical reports suggest that the exact cause has not really been understood so far. As any doctor will tell you, the in the inner ear there is a labyrinth which contains fluids. When there is a problem with the composition and level of these fluids, the patient may develop Meniere’s Disease. This condition specifically affects the inner part of the ear. This part is made up of passages and a cavity as well as soft membrane like structures with hair like sensors. These sensors respond to the fluid’s movement within the ear. When this fluid does not have the appropriate levels, it can lead to many complications like Meniere’s Disease, which affect the nerve impulse that these sensors catch and transmit to the brain.
Stages: This disease progresses over a set of three stages. In the very first stage, the patient will experience much dizziness and nausea, before that progresses to the second stage. In this stage, the patient will have moderate to severe vertigo. This is also known as the middle stage. Finally, this may culminate into the third or late stage, which leads to more frequent episodes of vertigo. The hearing of the patient and the ringing sound in the ears will also get worse in this stage.
My mom tounge is turning black she has diabeties and now is 50 years old. She says and thinks that it is because of having her blood pressure tablets. Thank you!
My son aged 29 yrs is suffering from throat infection since last few days. He was given CiploxTZ for 5 days. His ears get blocked sometimes. Suggest some remedy.
Ear Wax: You should take great caution when trying to treat earwax buildup at home. If the problem persists, visit your doctor. Treatment is generally quick and painless, and hearing can be fully restored.
Unremoved earwax buildup can lead to infection. Contact your doctor if you experience the symptoms of infection, such as:
severe pain in your ear
pain in your ear that does not subside
drainage from your ear
persistent hearing loss
an odor coming from your ear