Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R K Kedia
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. R K KediaYour feedback matters!
Hi I fall down from scooter as sudden break. No fracture but MRI SCAN shows complete ACL ligament tear. I consulted hospital. One doctor told ACL SURGERY and physio therapy must. 2nd doctor told surgery not must may be rest and physio can recover. My doubts 1. If doing surgery any problem 2.If not doing any problem can happen when I am becoming older. 3.Only Arthroscopy for cleaning blood and all will help? I am attaching my report.
I am a student doing third year engineering. I did operation for finger inflammation .but now I had a severe pain in my right hand finger and throughout my hand. Anything serious sir. Please give me your opinion for this. Any problem I suffer sir.
My left leg heel pain in morning when I wake up, which get reduced during the day. What could be the reason and pl suggest if it can be cured by some excercise.
Hi I have sevre joints pain in knees. There is lot of teasing and pain. In left shoulder also there's pain and unable to move my hand. Taking vitamin d tablets and calcium since 7 month but no results. Kindly help.
Hi Dr. I am having sciatica problem my back left side is week is any solution for my this problem please tell all further treatment daitails I need treatment on this my age is 26 years will you please help me out. Thank you for this aap.
Bone loss is a silent condition that occurs over the years as you age. It is a condition when the bones become weak and fragile. Many people may not even know that that they are suffering bone loss until it leads to serious conditions such as Osteoporosis. Bone loss resulting in osteoporosis is more in women than men. It is estimated that one of every three women above 50 years suffers from osteoporosis related fracture.
What causes bone loss?
Bones are made of minerals, calcium, and phosphate. Bones are being constantly destroyed and refoemed within the body. As long as your body balances the process, your bones stay strong and healthy. However when the bone decay out grows the bone formation process, bone loss and a host of other problems occur. Some of the common causes bone loss are:
- With growing age, the body starts to reabsorb phosphate and calcium instead of keeping it in the bones. This makes the bones weak. When the process continues for a long time, it leads to osteoporosis.
- If your diet doesnot contain high calcium foods, then your bones donot get enough calcium.
- Smoking and drinking can make your bones weak.
- Medical conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, chronic kidney disease can cause bone loss.
- Sometimes medicines can also result in bone loss.
What are the symptoms of bone loss?
- Receding gums: Our teeth are connected to the jaw bone and if the jaw starts losing bone then it causes receding of gums. Loss of jaw bone is linked to lower bone mineral density.
- Decreased grip strength: Hand grips strength decreases due to low bone density.
- Weak and brittle fingernails: You may find your fingernails have become weak and brittle.
- Cramps, muscle pain, and joint ache: Pain in muscles and joints are an important indicator of vitamin D deficiency, which is a vital component for healthy bones. Cramps in legs and foot at night are an indicator of deficiency of potassium and calcium in the bones.
- Height loss: This is a common problem that comes with age. But there are other factors that lead to height loss such as poor posture and fractured vertebra. Poor posture can cause bone loss.
- Overall low fitness: If you notice that your overall fitness has declined which includes your balance, muscle strength then you may be suffering from bone loss.
Can homeopathy treat osteoporosis?
Homeopathy has the most effective and holistic approach to treat osteoporosis. Homeopathy doesn’t intend to cure bone loss, instead, it tries to treat the underlying health condition that leads to osteoporosis. Consult a homeopath online. Some of the important homeopathy remedies are:
- Calcaria Phos: It is a very effective remedy for osteoporosis It helps in increasing the absorption of calcium from the food. It is a bone builder and creates new cells.
- Calcaria Iod: This is a great remedy to treat loss of bones as well as loss of muscles and fat.
- Alendronate: Alendronate is given to patients suffering from osteoporosis which is caused by steroid treatment. It reduces the release of calcium from the bones to the blood.
- Calcitonin - Salmon: Calcitonin-Salmon is a man-made hormone used to treat osteoporosis.