Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa LodhaYour feedback matters!
I have 12 months old baby girl. Mere baby girl k sex part par ak hi ched h .kya ye normal h .plz tell me about it.
Hello doctor. I have a healthy three month old baby girl. 3 days a go a relative of mine who only saw her for a minute kissed her on her cheek the same person is now diagnosed with meningitis should I be worried she got infected? There was no saliva when he kissed her.
My son is fifteen months old and his weight is 9.5 kg. Is it normal? He is pre matured baby born with 2.5kg. But he is very active and all his activities were done correctly at each month. His developments are good but he doesn't gain weight. What to do?
Healthy eating gives kids the energy they need for their busy days.
Here are some great ways to make it easier.
Breakfast is important: it can be up to 12 hrs since their last meal, so kids need to refuel for the day ahead. Give him healthy choices like cereal and reduced fat milk, toast, fresh fruit, eggs on toast, juice and reduced fat yoghurt.
Water works: get kids into the habit of drinking water to keep them hydrated throughout the day.
Snack smart: encourage your kids to take an interest in their health early in life by planning their own healthy snacks-this will help them look for a healthy diet when they get older.
Get cooking: food is not just about good nutrition; it's one of life's great pleasures. Transform your kids into young cooks-even young children can help peel carrots, pod peas, great cheese, put together tacos or design their own healthy pizza toping. If they've helped make it, they'll be more likely to enjoy eating it.
Slow and steady: encourage them to eat slowly. This prevents overeating and helps them recognize when they're full.
Eat at the table: eating snacks and meals sitting down at the table or kitchen bench instead of in front of the tv is good habit for the whole family.
Get a balance: variety and balance are the keep to helping a child enjoy a healthy diet. Aim to eat a variety of foods each day (this depends on the age of the child) including fruit, vegetables breads and cereals, lean meat or fish and reduced fat dairy products.
Tasty exploration: encourage kids to try different food. Exposure to lots of different tastes and flavours adds excitement to meals.
If your child is suffering from mental retardation, homeopathy can help. A system of complementary medicine, homeopathy works on the dictum of ‘like treats like’. It is able to treat some of the toughest disorders and illnesses that allopathy finds hard to contain.
Mental retardation: Definition
- Mental retardation is a blanket term for a pattern of persistently slow learning of basic motor and language milestones during childhood.
- The adult manifests a below-normal intellectual capacity too.Such people have an intelligence quotient (IQ) of 70 or below.
- They usually have developmental disabilities, developmental delay, or learning difficulties.
These signs should alert parents and spur them to see a doctor-
- If your child learns to sit up, to crawl, or to walk later than other children
- Trouble speaking and forming words, remembering things, and having trouble understanding social rules
- Trouble solving problems
- Trouble thinking logically
What needs to be made clear is that poor academic performance by itself is not a sign of mental retardation. It can be due to multifarious reasons like behaviour problems.
Causes of mental retardation
- Down syndrome and Fragile X syndrome are the most common genetic causes of mental retardation.
- Problems during pregnancy and birth
- Rubella infection in pregnant mother
- Iodine deficiency in mothers
- Malnutrition is a common cause of reduced intelligence in children.
Here are some homoeopathic remedies for the treatment of mental retardation. All you have to keep in mind is to treat this article as a guide and take medicines only under the guidance of a certified and trained homeopath.
- Abrotanum: This remedy works when your child shows marked emaciation of legs, has ageing, flabby, and loose skin, and he cannot hold up his head.
- Baryta carb: This homeopathy remedy is very effective in treating cretinism which is marked by a dwarfish appearance, mental retardation, with swollen abdomen, puffy face, enlarged glands, thick lips and short stature. Such children also show delayed milestones like learning to walk and speak.
- Calcarea carb: When your child presents symptoms like obesity, a chalky look with red face, large belly, large head, pale skin, soft bones, increased sweating, mental slowness, de¬layed skills-walking, talking, etc., this remedy is indicated.
- Medorrinum: The remedy is prescribed by homeopaths when your child presents symptoms like dullness and sluggishness, extreme forgetfulness, imbecility, impatience, irritability, difficulty in concentration etc. The remedy is very good for treating delusions, hallucinations, and illusions.
There are other things that you as a parent can do to help your intellectually disabled child like learn everything you can about intellectual disabilities. This way you can guide your child to live a near-normal life successfully. Also get your child involved in group activities like art classes, drawing etc. This will help him learn social skills and become more independent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My daughter has a persistent wet cough since 3 days. But being little kid, she is not able to spit it out. Which medicine/home remedies can be given to her. Is there any way to pass cough via stool/spitting?
Hi sir I have one child she will complete 1 year on 22nd may 2016, my questions are she is very thin n she is no any teeth is coming till now kindly advise me.
Teeth sensitivity due to exposed dentin or fractured enamel is common during winters. Don't neglect these symptoms. Very often these are early signs of severe dental problems.
Hi, I am Dr Rajiv Singh. I am a consulting paediatrician in Max, Vaishali. I Have my own clinic in Shipra’s city.
Today I will be talking about a very important aspect of growth in newborn babies. After 6 months the babies are supposed to start on a weaning diet. We need to decide what the best nutrition is for the baby in this period. So, I just give you some simple tips.
- After 6 months of life, you start on semi-solid, mashed blanded vegetables, khichri, your halwas and mashed bananas, soup, juice.
- Remember to keep getting milk out of your nutrition and keep giving proper nutrition to the baby.The baby should have proper nutrition 3 times- morning, lunch, dinner and in-between snackings.
- Remember not to start giving milk with bottles and not to give cow’s milk or any kind of animal milk. If mother is having sufficient breast milk, you can continue to give breast milk or else formula milk.
- Baby should have liking for the food so, for that, you give salt and sugar to taste.
- You can use ample of butter, ghee in the food to make it very tasty.
- Water can be given as much as the baby wants.
- Remember to keep taking milk backwards and keep introducing new foods every one week or so.
- Very important to keep monitoring the baby’s growth during this period. Baby should be appropriately gaining weight according to the growth chart of the baby.
- For any nutrition supplements, you must contact your doctor before starting on any supplementary diet.
- Do not believe in giving animal’s milk or giving through any bottle.
- Try and make interesting scenarios. Try and make the condition and the house very suitable for the baby to enjoy diet food and mother and father should also sit with the baby and spend time, and start giving milk.
Initially you can have fussy babies. They might vomit few times; they might pass undigested semi-solid food which is very normal. So, do not get hassled up. Some babies are sweety, some babies are salty. Keep having a look at their taste and keep changing their diet. This is a very crucial phase in the babies’ growth. Don’t get too anxious that your baby is not eating. Just keep a watch at the growth. If the growth is normal, the baby is taking as per her /his appetite and it may not suit you according to your needs or your desires that your baby should be taking certain amount of diet.
If there are any further queries in this aspect which is my forte, you can always contact me through the excellent application of Lybrate.
Thalassemia is a type of a disease, resulting in the abnormal production of hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin stimulates oxygen circulation all over the body. Therefore, a dip in the hemoglobin count can lead to anemia, a disease inducing weakness as well as fatigue. Acute anemia can take a toll on the organs and ultimately cause death.
Severe thalassemia in children yields symptoms, such as dark urine, abdominal swelling, slow growth, jaundice, a pale appearance and deformed skull bones. Diarrhea, frequent fevers and eating disorders are also common.
- Blood transfusions: Regular blood transfusion is the only treatment needed for beta thalassemia aiming to keep sufficient Hb level to avoid long-term complications, though bone marrow transplant is radical cure for the disease.
- Iron chelation therapy: The hemoglobin in the red blood cells is rich in iron-protein that gets deposited in the blood with regular blood transfusion. This condition is known as iron overload as it damages heart, liver and various parts of the body. Iron chelation therapy is used to prevent this damage as it helps to remove the excess iron from the body. Deferoxamine and Deferasirox are two such medicines used for this therapy.
- Folic acid supplements: Folic acid being a B vitamin produces healthy red blood cells and is therefore recommended as a substitute for the above procedures.
- Transplant of blood and marrow stem cell: A blood and a marrow (a substance within the cavities of bones where blood cells are produced) transplant replaces the faulty stem cells with healthy ones contributed by a donor.
My blood group is B+ and my to be wife's blood group is B-.so, can we face any problem for birth of child. Any precaution needed?
Am having a baby of 4 months. In the 2nd month I got period but it's not happening now. Am 90 kg so what should I do now.
Tell me sir cow milk is a best for 5 month old baby please tell me he taking nan 1 but its not diegest.
My son is two month old due to cough n cold we took him to doc today. He had recommended steam for him n given us Some Ipratropium nebulizer solution Bp .can we use such solution for steaming via nebulizer .I hope it doesn't have any side effects as he is having little bit cough n cold only. Pls given us second advice.
My son is 3 week old, he sleep whole day and in night cry so much that he can breath and because black while crying. He cry continuous whole night and keep on feeding continuously whole as soon as I remove him from latching as it pain too much if I feed him more than 45 mins. What should I do to keep him calm at least if he does not sleep.
My son is 3 years old when he was only of 4 months he met with an road accident and he got an open skull fracture. And there is no improvement yet. He always coughing and cold never leave him. please advise me what we do for him. He is alright mentally but physically he has little squint problem in left eye. please help.
Infestation on the skin caused by a tiny insect called Sarcoptes scabiei, which live on the skin up to 2 months, is called Scabies. Reproduction occurs on the surface of the skin and later they tunnel into the skin and lay eggs. This forms an extremely irritated, pimple-like rash structure on the skin.
Despite the fact that scabies can be troublesome, the infestation can usually be dealt with successfully. Treatment commonly comprises of drugs that eliminate the scabies parasites and their eggs. Since scabies is so infectious, specialists usually prescribe treatment for a whole gathering of individuals who come in successive contact with people having scabies.
Symptoms: Typical symptoms such as rashes and intense itching, appear up to 6 weeks since initial exposure. Infected sores, which may require additional treatment, are formed due to continuous scratching. Common sites for occurrence in babies are head, neck, face and hands while in adults, it occurs on the wrist, elbow, waist, penis, armpits, etc. The rash comprises of small blisters or pimple-like knocks which are the tunnel tracks of the mite apparent on the skin.
A more severe form of the condition, called crusted scabies may be developed in some people. This condition which is highly contagious is marked by thick crusts containing thousands of eggs and mites which developed on the skin. It usually occurs in people with weak immune systems. The mites are capable of overpowering the immune system and multiplying at a higher rate.
Treatment: Typical treatment includes disposing of the infestation with medicine balms, creams, and moisturizers. It is advisable to apply the cream all over the body and at night, when the mites are active.
Amid the main week of treatment, it might appear as though the symptoms are worsening. Nonetheless, after the initial week, you'll see less tingling and you should have recovered by the fourth week of treatment.
Precautions should be taken to prevent re-infestation as the mites are capable of living up to 72 hours after being abolished from the body. All clothing must be washed with hot water (122F). This should be followed by drying of the items at a high temperature for half an hour. Finally, the dried items should be vacuumed.