Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pronab DasguptaYour feedback matters!
No matter how much precaution or care you take, diseases are inevitable. With different diseases, a number of different mode of treatments are also available. Allopathy and homeopathy are the two most important and critical modes of treatment. Allopathic treatment administers the use of medicines (Antibiotics) and surgeries to treat a disease. Homeopathy, on the other hand, has a more natural and holistic approach. Be it serious or minor, homeopathic treatment is effective against all kinds of diseases. Homeopathy cannot cure a disease overnight. It tries to get to the root cause and the various factors (physical, mental and social) that influence a particular disease.
In case of allopathy or antibiotics, many diseases are dealt with at a very superficial level. The side effects of antibiotics are known to all. In some cases, the side effects can do your body more harm than the disease itself. Antibiotics often provide instant, but temporary relief.
The goodness of homeopathic treatment lies in the fact that it comes with zero or negligible side effects. Most of the homeopathic medicines are prepared from herbs. Homeopathic treatment, however, can be time consuming. A little wait for a sound health is not a bad deal at all. Almost all the homeopathic medicines are FDA approved and recognised. Thus the medicines can be taken without any doubt and hesitation. Of late, more and more people are choosing homeopathy over antibiotics. Some of the common diseases which are best treated with homeopathy are -
- Pulsatilla: Some people suffer from mood swings. They experience strong emotions and at times feel neglected and unwanted. Pulsatilla, commonly known as Windflower, helps to soothe a person immensely. The medicine is particularly helpful for women and children suffering from infections. Cough and cold can be frustrating and annoying. In some cases, the situation aggravates at night. The mucous appears to be thick, with a yellowish or greenish yellow colour. With Pulsatilla, cough and cold will be a thing of the past.
- Aconitum: Respiratory infections, ear infections, influenza, or sore throat can be quite unnerving. The associated symptoms include fever, difficulty in swallowing, a feeling of restlessness and extreme thirst. If not treated, the diseases can bring your life to a standstill. Under such circumstances, Aconitum comes as a blessing. Also known as Homeopathic Vitamin C, Aconitum is a very effective medicine against these infections.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the best homeopathic medicine to deal with throbbing and excruciating ear pain. Also known as the Deadly nightshade, Belladonna is highly recommended for the other common infections as well. Some females experience cramps, nausea and motion sickness during menstruation. Belladonna provides great relief.
The benefits of homeopathy are accepted worldwide. If you want a permanent relief from diseases, homeopathy is all that you need.
We are doing sex continuously from 12 th day to 21 days of my wifes mc. All sperm went to vagina. My semen report is normal and wife mc also regular. But my sperm not went to vagina with certain force or particular speed when it discharge. What is the reason behind that . Can my wife get pregnant with same.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Ayurveda can be defined as a system that uses the inherent principles of nature to help maintain health in a person by keeping the individual's body, mind and spirit in perfect equilibrium with nature.
Ayurveda is a sanskrit term, made up of the words" ayus" and" veda" ayus" means life, and" veda" means knowledge, or science. The term" ayurveda" thus means" the knowledge of life" or" the science of life" according to the ancient ayurvedic scholar charaka" ayu" comprises the mind, body, senses and the soul.
Whenever we intimate their is a white discharge comes out and makes my husband feel irritated and our love making scene turns up into fighting. This is very depressing and I feel I dnt satisfy my husband.
I have my first relationship with my husband. After that I have taken an ipill. My period has also come at right time. After 9 days of taking ipill, I fill digestive problems and secretion of white fluid is more. Are these the side effects of ipill? Will ipill affect my future pregnancy? Pls help me, am soo tense?
I just want to know that sexual transmitted diseases can be transferred only if One of the partner is infected. Or is it not necessary that either should have infected. If both were not infected than can also is it possible?
Losing your virginity can be a big experience and can be exciting as well as nerve-wrecking at the same time. Its significance is different for everyone and there are no wrong or right ways to lose your virginity. Making your first time a memorable experience is easy if you know and remember these 4 things:
1. Relax - You might be conscious about your body or nervous about pain or pleasing your partner, but you need not be. It is natural to feel insecure and nervous, but communicating your reservations with your partner will clear the air between both of you, helping you level your expectations and relax. Your first time is about exploring each other's body and pleasuring each other as well as an understanding partner will help you relax and forget your insecurities.
2. It might hurt a bit - If you are a woman, intercourse for the first time might hurt a bit if your vagina is not well lubricated before you have sex. Also, you might feel some pain and/or bleed if your hymen tears, but it will not be excruciating pain. Worrying about the pain is a lot scarier than the actual pain. Some women may not experience any pain at all. However, you should make sure you are well lubricated. Foreplay is a great way to get ready for intercourse and if it is still painful you could use additional lubricants to minimize discomfort and pain.
3. Go slow - If you are a man, help your partner be comfortable by going slow in accordance to their wish. Going too fast may hurt your partner if they are not comfortable and make your first time a traumatic experience. Try to gauge your partner's reactions and proceed in a way pleasurable to both of you. Penetrating too soon might cause you to ejaculate too quickly before your partner has climaxed. Indulge in foreplay so that both of you are ready. If your partner ejaculates too fast or is unable to hold his erection, do not feel rejected or angry, support him and help him get aroused again, as it is just an effect of nervousness and excitement.
4. Use protection - There is no truth in the saying that you cannot get an STD on your first time. It is completely possible and the only way to prevent that is to use condoms or not have penetrative sex. Women can get pregnant during unprotected sex and unless you plan to become pregnant, panicking about being pregnant for days after your first time will ruin your first time and peace of mind. Use birth control and/or condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancy after your first time, and both your partner and you will be able to enjoy losing your virginity without any worries.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido
We are married since 2014. We are planning for our first baby. My sperm count is good and active. My wife also healthy. But doctor told to take lycogold For past three months my wife gets irregular periods. So we are not able to identify ovulation dates. Is it possible to find it? Please help.
Hi m 21 years old when I use to squeeze my boobs white transparent liquid comes out with them and m not pregnant bcoz I never miss my period so wat was that.
Had sex on 20 march on 21march her periods are expected they not come on 23 march again have a sex and taken ipill (first time ever in her life) still on 27march periods not came is ipill normal effect?
My wife is pregnant for 2 months. Can I have sex with her now and if yes for how many days / months, I can enjoy the same?
I get too much pain during periods and that is unbearable. please give me any suggestions . period are regular . Always but only it pains too much and it becomes difficult for me to go outside anywhere these days.
I am suffering from vaginal discharge. What I should do to stop it. It is very irritating me .so please can you suggest any remedy. My periods are regular but I will get period for 21 days.
I am 23 old married woman, I am trying to conceive. My last period date was 14-6-16 with 32 days cycle. Now I am 5 days late. And getting pain in lower abdomen and sometime back aches. I still get white milky discharge, n breast are very sensitive. I dint do pregnancy test because I dint want to disappoint. Help me.
Hi. I'm Padma. 24 years old. Trying to conceive for a year. This cycle I took Clomid with NAC. On cycle day 13, the follicle was upto 16x19 mm. Took HCG injection. On cycle day 16 it ruptured. LMP Feb 16, 2017. Cycle length 31. This month periods due date is between 16 March and 18 March. Every month I notice white discharge before periods. This month I felt difference in it. Noticed thick milky white cream like discharge. Is it early pregnancy sign? Or I'll get my periods? Is there any chance of pregnancy even after heavy discharge? Please help me.
Amla, otherwise called as indian gooseberry, is light green in colour and tastes sour. The indian gooseberry belongs to the euphorbiaceae family. This fruit ripens in the autumn in wet, forested, hilly areas on the indian subcontinent. In india it is considered a sacred tree. The fruit is very nourishing. Both dried and fresh fruits can be consumed for their health benefits.
Indian gooseberry has also been found to be low in saturated fats, very good source of dietary fiber, and vitamin c. Amla contains good amount of calcium, phosphorus, iron, carotene and vitamin b complex, making it good for health.
Health benefits of amla:
The health benefits of indian gooseberry can be partially attributed to its high vitamin-c content.
Amla enhances food absorption, thereby aiding in maximum absorption of nutrients in the body.
Balances stomach acid, hence it is recommended to treat gastritis.
Fortifies the liver by detoxifying it.
Nourishes the brain and mental functioning
Supports the heart. It strengthens the heart muscles, thereby aiding in uniform pumping of blood and the vit c and chromium prevents plague formation in the blood vessels.
Strengthens the lungs
Regulates elimination of free radicals
Helps the urinary system
Increases skin health
Promotes healthier hair
Acts as a body coolant
Flushes out toxins
Improves muscle tone
Acts as an antioxidant. Many health problems are caused by oxidative damage (when body cells use oxygen, they produce by-products called free radicals that can cause damage). Antioxidant agents prevent and repair these damages.
Good hair tonic
Improves eyesight, especially improves short sightedness and cataract
Amla helps in absorption of calcium
Treats menstrual cramps
Chromium content of amla makes it a drug for treating diabetes
It helps in proper digestion and the fiber present facilitates bowel movements.
It helps to treat diarrhea and dysentery
It is proved to improve appetite.
Vitamin-c is a good antioxidant agent, which makes gooseberries a powerful tool against a variety of conditions, including various types of cancer.
It provides remedies for many diseases, so it is widely used in ayurvedic treatment. So consuming amla is a great way to keep your body looking and feeling great!
Uma Maheshwari PS
Dietitian, happy living diet clinic
+91 99000 46344
Tobacco has many ill effects on the health and dental health is one of them. From dark stains to poor gum health to increased incidence of decay to the more severe oral cancer, tobacco has a very detrimental effect on your dental health. Read on know more about how harmful tobacco can be on the dental system.
- Brown teeth and tongue: One of the tell-tale signs of a smoker are the brown teeth and stained tongue. A dentist need not even be told that the person smokes, it just shows!! What is interesting is that these stains do not go away with a scaling, they just continue to form as long as tobacco is being put into the system.
- Gum disease: The oral health of a smoker is definitely not at its best. With the stains on the teeth, the gums are more prone for irritation and infection. This leads to grayish, unhealthy gums. The periodontal fibers are also affected, leading to bad breath, pocket formation and even tooth mobility in severe cases. The mouth is generally drier in comparison and so bacterial growth is more favored, further accelerating the process of gum disease and teeth decay.
- Dental caries: The increased amount of bacteria leads to greater incidence of dental decay. Chances of cervical decay (around the gum line) and root decay are higher in smokers.
- Bad breath: There are two reasons to it one is the tobacco per se and the second is the dry mouth, which leads to reduced saliva and increased bacterial growth.
- Impaired taste: The tongue has a constant coating too, leaving the taste buds unable to completely taste food substances. Ask any smoker a couple of questions and you would realize how they never get to enjoy and taste the food as it should be.
- Poor healing: Whether it is a gum disease, a tooth removal or a root canal therapy, smokers who go for dental treatment need a longer time to respond compared to nonsmokers. If smoking is continued at the same pace, then the chances of developing a dry socket with an extraction or a failed root canal therapy are quite high. There are more failures reported in success of implant in smokers as compared to non smokers.
- Cancer: The most dangerous and the most severe of all, cancer of the cheek, gums, lips, tongue, roof of the mouth can all happen in smokers, twice more likely in comparison with non-smokers.
Now, if all these are not good enough to kick the habit, remember this list is only for the mouth and the teeth. The whole body goes through a lot more harmful effects, and that should be a good reason to quit tobacco use in any form. If you need professional help, do not be embarrassed to seek.