Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
My blood group is B+ n my husband's blood is O+ n my child blood group is A+ CAN I know how is it possible?
Doctor I am confirmed with hbsag positive so my question is that is their any special ot required during delivery? and what about my baby is he will be healthy as other infants are?
Why do periods are irregular painful irritating, annoying and why do they come every month and y do only girls come in periods?
5 cm chocolate cyst diagnosed doc said zoladex injection for one month and try to conceive ASAP for 3-6 months. Hope I will not get period for 3 months can I still conceive without getting period.
I am 27 years old. I was detected with pcod at the age of 14 years. However, after following strict diet regime I reduced weight and now have almost regular menses cycle. But I have long thick hair all over my body - stomach, back even over neckline and breast. What should I do about it? I am about to get married in 1 month. Please advise.
My wife frequently suffering vaginal infection problem we have done lots of treatment and home remedies but it is not permanently cure please advise any permanent cure solutions thanks.
Hi I am 25 married before 7 months, I got pregnant in October 2015 and got abortion in 40 days then again I was pregnant in March 2016 and aborted in 35 days, I checked urine pregnancy test, also hcg it was positive in both time. I want to know is this normal or not, why such bad things happen to me. We are planing for baby. Please help me regard this.
I am 27 old male. Just New married couple I m asking. Kya ek baar sex karne se women pregnant ho jati hai. I need time answer on urgent basis.
I am 24 years married female and I am 1 month pregnant and I don't want to take it continue. But when I visited clinic Gyno Dr. advised me that never go for abortion because it is your first pregnancy so please continue it if you don't continue it you may face problem in future. So my question is this is it true or doubtful ?Please advise.
Dear Doctor, 23 week pregnant now, it's thru IVF EXPECTED EDD: 9/4/17 TAKING ONLY FOLVITE, OROFER XT, shelcal OS, rantac. Gained weight from 65 kg to 75 kg during this pregnancy period of 5M3 weeks. Is it problem, if it's so, let me know the things, I can do, to maintain or avoid more weight gain.
Me and my girlfriend are both 20 years of age and are looking forward to have sex. I want to be completely informed before we may proceed any further because there is nothing more important to me than her. She has regular around 31 day cycle. We don't want pregnancy. We would use a condom definitely. Here are the questions I have: 1. Can we have sex during her period? What are the chances of her getting pregnant. Logically, the chances should be very low, but I have to be sure. 2. How soon can we take the pregnancy test? And what can be done in case of positive pregnancy. Because the OCP's are effective only within 3 days of intercourse. 3. Can the OCP like i-pill etc be taken just to be sure? Thank you.
I had miss a period for more than 20 days. I made a urine pregnancy test and found negative. This is not a first time I miss a period. I keep missing it but not this much. What will be the reason and what should I do or which medicine should I take. Please suggest.
Hi i am Suffering from stabbing pain in rectum since last 6 yrs. It generally starts with menstruation but lasts upto 15th day. Painful urination and painful defecation. Previously drs suspected it as endometriosis. After the diagnostic tests Dr. s said its not endometriosis. laparoscopy done twice, mri scan done thrice and colonoscopy also. Nothing has detected. But still am suffering from the pain. It made my life miserable. Pls help me.
I had a healthy sexual life now I am getting married my opening is big as 2 fingers can be and loose vagina. Does my husband will come to know I am not a virgin?
Iam 24 year old female. And I have PCOD problem, I have take many medicine and consult more doctors in IVF centres. And I have diagnosed PCOD, so done IUIin 3 cycles for stimulated with FSH (HP) 150 for 5 days but no good follicles growing (largest follicle in size 14mm) monthly. In before few days my doctor suggested to laparoscopic puncture of pcod, but I want second opinion, so please help to us taking a good decision. So please say what I do?
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.