Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prof. Gautam Chatopadhyay
Submit a review for Dr. Prof. Gautam ChatopadhyayYour feedback matters!
I am (48 years), vijayawada, andhra pradesh. I am suffering from acute allergic and bronchial asthma for last 20 years. I tried all type of medicines like aurveda, homeo and allopathy but, problem is not solved. Long back I tried vaccine for allergies like house dust, grain dust, gunny dust etc. It is worked really well and problem restricted to 60% of original problem till now. Unfortunately that doctor stopped practice and gone to us. At present, I am using foracort-400 rota caps twice a day and allergy tablet at night. I have constipation problem, gas, acidity problems also. For these problems I am using panthosec-40mg twise a day. So, please advise me to come out of these problems.
I am 27 year old female. Unmarried. I am suffering from external hemorrhoids. Not bleeding, only itching from last 30 days. Lumps near or around the anus. I am taking Pilex tablet from yesterday. Let me know how I get rid of hemrroids. How many days it will take.
I just had ultrasound and got to know that I have fatty liver grade 1. Is there any problem having fatty liver and what should have to cure fatty liver?
Myself aged 30 years suffering from severe gas trouble for the past two three months. I am also having breathing problem. For breathing problem , I had consulted doctor and did xray, Pft and blood test. There was a small variation in Pft and other reports were normal. Are these two issues interconnected. I feel stomach has become little big and also gas is coming out of the mouth many times a day. Stomach is also upset someday. Kindly suggest a remedy.
I am 22 old male i am suffering from gastric problem? Causes heart attack or not? Which symptoms heart attack reduce the gastric problem this is the life long problem or not? I am suffering from chest pains this is major problem or not? Please tell me know the natural tips this danger or not.
Due to business compulsion I have to drink 6 to 8 cups of milk Tea, some time feels acidity, please suggest me some medicine or food to prevent side effects of Tea. Age 33 Male (business of wholesale and retail of Tea)
Sir, I had a total colostomy+mucosa proctectomy+ileo anal anastomosis in 2012. My motion frequency is still 8-10 times per day. Is it normal or how much time required for full recovery?
Good morning Dr. I am sunita Verma I am 30 year female and I have gas and assiditi problem last mid night I'm not sleeping probably please suggest me home remedies for this.
The liver is a vital organ in our body because it performs many important functions. This includes filtering harmful substances in our blood, producing bile to facilitate digestion of food, storing energy and nutrients as well as producing hormones and enzymes that the body uses for performing essential functions.However, too much consumption of alcohol can affect the liver, lead to serious consequences related to our health, and also result in an alcohol-related liver disease (ALD). An ALD may, in turn, cause disruption of the digestion process and weaker immune system. It may even increase the risk of developing cancer.
As the name suggests, the prime cause behind the development of the alcohol-induced liver disease is the consumption of alcohol for a long duration. However, some of the other causes behind the development of alcohol-induced liver disease include the presence of an existing liver disease such as fatty liver or hepatitis, inherited liver disease, or a liver disease induced due to excessive or prolonged consumption of certain drugs.
Alcohol-induced liver diseases (ALD) can be of three types.
- Alcoholic fatty liver disease: Alcoholic fatty liver disease or steatosis occurs due to the deposition of fats in the liver, which is an end result of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Alcoholic hepatitis: Too much of alcohol consumption can also lead to liver inflammation, which is called alcoholic hepatitis.
- Alcoholic cirrhosis: This alcoholic-liver disease occurs when the liver is scarred due to excessive consumption of alcohol. In this case, the healthy and soft liver tissues are replaced with dead and hard tissues.
Symptoms: Some of the signs and symptoms, mostly related to ALD, are not noticed in the initial stage. It is only after a few years that the symptoms may appear. Some of the common symptoms include abdominal pain, loss of appetite and weight loss, swelling in the abdomen as well as the legs, feet, and ankles, a yellowish appearance of the skin, itchy skin with hair loss, and bleeding and complications such as liver cancer or ascites.
Diagnosing alcohol-related liver disease is based on your history of alcohol consumption. But, there is no single test that can detect this type of disease, so a combination of tests will be suggested by your physician before a specific type of alcoholic liver disease is diagnosed.
Ayurvedic home remedies
Ayurveda is known to be greatly beneficial for the treatment of alcohol-induced liver diseases. The use of natural ingredients like herbs can not only treat the liver disease but also promote the overall well-being of the liver. The treatment will include abstinence from alcohol, as it is very important when it comes to undoing the damage that alcohol has caused to your liver. The natural ingredients that can treat alcohol-induced liver disease include:
- Phyllanthus or bhumi amla: This natural ingredient acts as a liver cleanser. A great Ayurvedic herb, it will also rejuvenate your liver and protect it.
- Turmeric: Packed with antioxidants, turmeric can improve your liver’s health considerably. Additionally, its antiseptic and antiviral properties will help to prevent the buildup of virus that causes hepatitis B or C.
- Green Tea: Another amazing remedy that works in an amazing way is green tea. The catechins present in green tea supports the functioning of the liver.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds prevent the hormones from circulating in the blood. This reduces the strain on the liver and promotes the well-being of your liver. Additionally, it is also recommended that you choose a healthy diet filled with fresh vegetables and fruits and reduce the consumption of salt, oily, and spicy fried food. Too much of strenuous exercise must be avoided as well.
Home remedies are supportive only in case of Alcoholic fatty liver, but if you are suffering from alcoholic hepatitis and ALD related liver cirrhosis you must need proper line of treatment under a well experienced and expert Ayurvedic doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!