Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyashree Roy
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Priyashree RoyYour feedback matters!
I am suffering now mental disease if there is any upcoming work specially in morning after talking Veniz x 3, lithosun 400, etilum.5.shall I change medicine, please advise. Thank you.
I have a somatization disorder patient also gastritis patients I have prefer ayurveda take medicine Ashwagandha stresscom tablet could it more preferable for cure my anxiety & stress please tell me some effective medicine to reduce my anxiety, stress,depression this way I cure from somatization?
Hi. I am staying away from family since 4 years. I am having lot of mental issues. I am going into depression. I finds my life to be hopeless. My marriage is going to get fixed by family. My family dint accept my boyfriend. Now I am struggling to forget him. I hv no other option than leaving him since my parents hv blackmailed me that they will be no more if I won't forget him. So all these things are making my life difficult. I can't sleep at nights. Mornings I gets up and I finds I am losing everything. Kind of exhausted feeling. I am struggling with life. I am not finding happiness in life. I have no hopes no dreams. I don't know what's going to happen if I continues to be like this. I can't live like this. It's painful. I need some kind of psychiatric help or I might complete lose myself.
My problem is hypertension. If I have small tension heartbeat level increase more and my body completely will vibrate. .if the tension is high I have pain at back of the head.
My daughter gets very angry for silly things. She is very arrogant also. She is 28 yrs. Please help.
Hello sir Main kuch dino bht zayada deprresd or stress feel kar rhi hun bcoz I fell in love with my friend I don't no what he think about me? Lkn hamesha hamari larai ho jati hai main hamesha usse lar leti hun pta nhi q? Main jab bhi usee bat karti hun pta nhi mujhe kya ho jata hai. Jha par polite reply karna chaiye mujhe usko mujhe bht gussa a jata hai. Or m usko ulta sidha bol deti hun. Fr bar bar sorry bolne k bad wo man jata hai. Lkn main in sab k bich m bht depressed ho chuki hun. Mujhe khud samjh nhi ata m kya kar rhi hun. Mere dilo dimag p wo havi ho chuka hai. Har wakt uske bare m sochti rehti hun. Main apne bare main kaam uske bare zada sochti hun. Har jagh srf uska khayal rehta h mujhe. Is ki wajh s mera padhayi etc mere dusre kaam nhi ho pate h. I need help Main apne app s pareshan ho gyi hun.
Depression is often equated with isolation and brooding but this is not always the case. Many people may actually suffer from depression without showing the typical symptoms of this condition. Hence, this form of depression may go unnoticed for many years. Such cases are known as high-functioning depression.
Some of the symptoms of this condition include:
- Having difficulty expressing happiness: Though a person may be able to work normally, a person suffering from high-functioning depression will find it difficult to express emotions such as happiness. Thus he or she may not know how to act in the event of a promotion at work, the beginning of a new relationship or any other such happy events. In such cases, the happiness a person experiences from these events is temporary and muted.
- Lowered energy levels: Unlike not being able to get out of bed when suffering from typical forms of depression, a person suffering from high-functioning depression can follow his or her usual routine. However, they often find themselves lacking the energy they would normally have and feel the need to put extra effort into their normal tasks. This reduces the amount of satisfaction derived from completing tasks.
- Persistent self-doubt: While being self-critical is good to a certain extent, a person suffering from this form of depression is rarely satisfied with their work. Even when recognised by their peers or given an award for their work, they feel that this praise is misguided and have trouble accepting it. Thus, suffering from this condition is akin to swimming a race against the current and with additional unnecessary weights.
- Substance abuse: Since this form of depression can go undiagnosed for many years, patients often turn to alcohol and other addictive substances in frustration. This can further delay diagnosis as many of the symptoms of this condition can also be attributed to substance abuse.
- Feeling like a failure: Many people suffering from this condition feel as though they are constantly wasting time no matter how much they achieve in a day. This can make them feel hopeless and cause frequent changes in jobs.
The good news is that depression can be cured. Hence if someone around you or you, yourself experience such symptoms, talk to a doctor. Alternatively, you could make a few changes in your lifestyle to lift your mood. Try meditating in the morning or fit in some light exercise into your day. You could even take up a new hobby. However, this cannot replace cognitive therapy and psychological counselling.