Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Prem Lata KapoorYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I have eye sight of -20 and its getting increased. Am afraid at one point of time I might become blind. I need to know is there any chance to stop the worsening of eye sight.
Last three days I tried to sleep. But I can't. Sleep is not coming in my eyes. I want to sleep. Even I took the medicine also still it's not coming. Tell me what I need to do.
I have puffiness swelling under my eyes tried a few things but nothing seems to reduce this. I also tried Garner pencil which said it would reduce the puffiness also tried tea bags etc nothing helps. Do you have any suggestion except cosmetic treatment. Thanks.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.