Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pravat Kumar Das
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Pravat Kumar DasYour feedback matters!
I am jitu age 32 I got married 2011 but still I don't have baby my sperm count is very less what I do please tell me.
I am a 37 years old woman. I had the problem of not raising of sex. Plzz tell me the medicine which I can take 30 or 40 min. Before n I will do sex with my husband myself. Tell me the medicine name plzz.
From 2 days I can't sleep because of throat problem and I can not breath properly since 2 days I can't do my work properly please help me what to do.
Sir, today I am doing sex. But when we finished. I saw that I loosing my strength and capacity to satisfy anyone. Sir just would you help me in this matter. How can I increase my sex potential as well as sperm countability.
I AM A 44 YEAR OLD MALE. I have some sores in the lining of the mouth in the upper jaw which are painful. The sore is behind the upper jaw molars at the back of upper jaw hence is not visible. I experience pain when moving the jaws. Pl suggest remedy.
Dear Doctors, How to deal with mouth and tongue ulcer during 10th week of pregnancy. Met with E & T, refuse to prescribe any antibiotic medication. Told to gargle with saline water. Can I have any other home remedy which will not affect baby and can cure my whitey ulcers.
Sir I am 20 years old I ejaculate in 1 minute while masturbation what is the actual time of sperm out during masturbation and which food I should intake for my better married life.
I am suffering from headache and lots of pain in my hand. This increased day by day. Please suggest me what can I do?
When I open my penis fore skin it seems to be like it is sticked below the tip of my penis how can I get ride of this problem.
I am 25 yrs old, female. I am getting severe vomiting from last 7-8 days. I was admitted to hospital too. My tests are found normal. I have to undergo endoscopy too n the report was found okay. There is a lot of problem with my digestion. Light food like khichri or dalia is also not digested & I get severe vomit. Please help me in this concern.
Cold sores alternatively known as fever blisters is a viral infection, which usually occurs around the mouth.They occur in patches and heal within 2 to 4 weeks usually without leaving behind any scars. Cold sores are contagious and can be spread from person to person via close contact. Read on more to find all about them.
Usually, cold sores passes through multiple stages
1. Tingling and itching: People usually experience a tingling, burning sensation around the lips prior to blisters, which may appear within a day or two after such a sensation.
2. Blisters: These blisters are small, filled with fluids and usually break out along the border of the skin and the lips. They can also occur around the nose or cheeks.
3. Oozing and crusting: The blisters have a tendency to burst which leaves shallow open sores which then usually crust over.
Strands of the herpes simplex virus (HSV-1) typically cause cold sores. In some instances HSV-2 can also cause cold sores. Cold sores are most contagious when they are in the form of oozing blisters. It can spread by sharing the same utensils, kissing, sharing towels and razors and also oral sex. Cold sores can be triggered due to several factors such as stress, fatigue, fever, hormonal changes and changes in the immune system.
About 90% of adults worldwide test positive for this virus. People who have a weakened immune system are more prone to be infected by the virus. For example, people suffering from eczema, AIDS and severe burns have a higher chance of contracting cold sores.
In certain cases,cold sores affect other parts of the body. Fingertips, hands, and some other parts of the body are affected by both HSV-1 and HSV-2 in some instances. It can also cause eye infections, which can lead to blindness or may even spread to the spinal cord and the brain in people who have a very weak immune system.
Cold sores have no treatment and they usually clear up without any medication within 2 to 4 weeks. However certain antiviral medications are present which speed up the healing process.
I am 28 years old and married but i am sexually week and penis is short and not healthy. So my wife is not satisfied. What I do?
My father is 61 Years old and have a kidney problem, with a creatinine level of 7.5, potassium 7 and Urea 175. kidney size is Left 7.2 & 4.4 cm & Right 8.1 & 4.3 cm. I am pursuing allopathy for last two years and I have recently started ayurveda simultaneously. Whats the level of Creatinine for Dialysis and at what level of creatinine that I have forgot the dialysis. Can we use K'bind sachets with sorbiline for go down the potassium level or it can not be harmful or side effects for creatinine / kidney level increased. What is the status of functioning the kidney right now.
How can I clean up the nicotine or the symbol of smoking over my lungs? I need some home based solutions.
What are the symptoms of Psoriasis? Is there any effect on the body due to psoriasis? Is there any possible that it occurs due to heredity?
I am currently facing the issue of my knee pain and my back pain. I an taking milk almost daily but it aches a lot sometimes for no reason. Usually right after I wake up.
Sir my daughter is 32 year's old usko left side all body parts Mai pain rehta hai or back pain Mai bhi problem rehta hai e.
I am 69 yr male having diabetics hypertension for last 25 years, PTC IN 2012, Now Na+ 123 K+ 5.0 Uria 58 serum creatinine 2.2 pneumonia at right chest. Acute infarct at right globus pallidus. Now the patient is nausea while feed along with vomiting tendency for last two month and activities are very slower compare to earlier. What to be done and whom to be consult.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.