Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Nephrologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pratim Sengupta
Treatment of Kidney Stones
Treatment of Blood in Urine
Treatment of Kidney Disease
Treatment of Frequent Urination Problems
Kidney Dialysis Treatment
Treatment of Fluid Retention
Kidney Stones Treatment
Treatment of Kidney Transplant
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Treatment of Kidney Diseases
Treatment of Nephrotic Syndrome
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of TB in Kidney
Treatment of Nephropathy
Treatment of Nephrolithiasis
Treatment of Nephronophthisis
Treatment of Bartter Syndrome
Treatment of Renal Agenesis
Treatment of Alport Syndrome
Submit a review for Dr. Pratim SenguptaYour feedback matters!
Doctor saheb, mere father ko left side Bali kidney ki taraf cyst hai kya ye jaanleba ho Sakta hai ya iska operation karbana padega, ya phir medicine se thik ho Sakta hai. Kripya karke meri sahayta kren.
I am suffering from kidney stones. Can you suggest me precautions and instant relief techniques to it?
Hi, I having slight burning sensation while urinating and also my right scrotum is swollen and pains while heavy movement. Is there anything serious? What may be the cause and cure?
What is treatment of polyuria sugar level is normal symptoms start at a birthurin test report rbcs 00-0.2pus cell 0000 colour pale yellow paint name
He has some problem with my urine output. There is frequent urination and blood loss. What would be the problem.
Sir my serum creatinine level is low how can I increase without any medicine this time my serum creatinine level is 0.55.
A Urinary Tract Infection(UTI) can occur in any part of the urinary tract including the kidneys, ureters, bladder or urethra. The causes of a UTI can be many, with bacteria being the most common cause. In fact, UTIs are generally more common among women as they have shorter urethras, which make it easier for the UTI causing bacteria to pass through to the bladder.
The symptoms of UTI vary depending on the area of your urinary tract that has been infected. These symptoms are:
Lower urinary tract infection:
1. Bladder cystitis, in which the lining of bladder and urethra become inflamed and irritated
2. Dysuria, which is a burning sensation during urination
3. A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
4. Urinary urgency, which is the sensation of having to urinate urgently
5. Cloudy, dark bloody or strange-smelling urine
6. Cramping or pressure in lower abdomen or lower back
7. Pelvic pain in women particularly in the center of the pelvis and around the area of pubic bone
8. Mild fever or chills indicating that the infection may have reached your kidneys
Upper urinary tract infection:
1. Fairly high fever with fatigue
2. Shaking chills with a feeling of discomfort
3. Nausea and vomiting
4. Flank Pain, which is pain in the back or side, usually on only one side at about waist level
Since pregnant women are at an increased risk of contracting UTIs, their urine should be checked during prenatal visits to prevent unrecognized infection that can cause pregnancy complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.