Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Pratap Chand DeYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old male. 90 kgs and 5.9 ft. Mildly overweight. About 2 hours ago I noticed a blue tint on the white part of my eye. Very light. But its there. When I looked online I noticed that brittle bone, hearing deficiency, difficulty swallowing are symptoms of a disease. And there were lots of diseases. I do have hearing deficiency. I feel a slight pressure constantly in my ears and I do sometimes have difficulty swallowing. If I get anxious. And nervous. This is common for me. I also have -ve vision in both my eyes. What could me the cause?
A fundamental aspect of eye care and the long-term prevention of vision loss for patients with diabetes mellitus involves the identification of specific retinal pathologies and the subsequent determination of the severity of diabetic retinopathy. Traditionally, this has been accomplished through individualized assessments by experienced eye care professionals, preferably following pupillary dilation. However, given that it is estimated that there will be more than half a billion persons with diabetes by 2030, necessitating nearly 2000 eye examinations per minute just to evaluate those in need once every year, this approach to retinal evaluation is unlikely to be sustainable by health care systems globally. Furthermore, despite multiple national and international initiatives to increase access and promote awareness regarding the need for eye examinations for all persons with diabetes, only approximately 18% to 60% of persons undergo examinations that attain the recommended ocular examination guidelines.
What are risky eyes .I am having cataract in both eyes. One Ophthalmologist said my eyes are risky. What is the symptom.
My eyes is burning last 20 day due to which I am finding problems in working on PC please tell me what to do.
Hi, I want to know the difference between FACO, MICS and FAMTO. I also want to know which lence is best/Safe for both visions (Far and Short). The patient is aged 58, diagonsed very initial stage cataract, enhancement in numbers of glasses from 1 to 2. She is diagonsed for Cataract surgery. Doctor also said that he may remove her glasses by surgery.
I wear spectacles of power 1.25 D (Left eye) & 1.75 D (right eye) & I feel as if it's increasing continuously. Can I have my normal vision back by any means. Yoga, laser or any method?
My age +54 years, using spectacles during reading newspaper only and no problems w r t reading long-distance. Whats exercise, diet and protection prevention requires to improve short distance whereas long distances eyesight is OK.
I have bells palsy on my right side of the face before 4 years. But after 2 years since now my left side also very painful. Can I take homeopathy treatment? Because in allopathic no cure. And also my left eye have ptosis. For this which treatment is best?
I am 43 year old I have a distance no around 5 to6 and now coming near no. Can you suggest me to remove distance no.
I'm 21 and got my eyes treated with the lazik eye treatment, for removing the power out of my eyes, it's been more than 6 months now. Some times I don't feel good, it's like i'm seeing two things all of a sudden. It's not a regular thing but it happens some times. I still wear glasses sometimes because I feel I don't appear good without them.
I am 65 year old female. I was replaced with prosthetic mitral valve in 1990. I am on warfarin/a intron since then and monitoring INR monthly for adjustment of warfarin/ acitrom. Since last about 4 years I on Acitrom 2 mg daily. I was operated for subdural clot in brain due to fall while walking and was operated for its removal in 2000. I am taking metolar 50mg daily on that account. I am also taking digoxin 1/2 daily. I am now advised to go for cataract operation by eye surgeon in right eye. Is there any risk for the cataract removal surgery. What precaution are required during surgery. Any special advice for cataract surgery.
In november 2015. I gone through with the lasik surgery. I want to know the eye drop or medicine for long run clear vision.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.