Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Pranab Kumar DasYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years Male I do bodybuilding so I eat little heavy but I don't use single drop of oil in my food but I am having gas problem since 2-3 month ago please help.
I am suffering from gall bladder stone last two years. I consult doctors but I did not get any effective relief. Pls suggest me what I do.
I have been facing a string of acidity problems for the past few days due to which my appetite has significantly reduced. What can I do to get better?
I am 56 years old fit person. My problem is gastric trouble I have taken many alopathic, ayurvedic and homeopathic medicine but no result I am in delhi. When I go to my native city kanpur I found no problem. Is this atmosphere and water problem. How can I get rid of this problem. Second problem is that I feel urine very speedy it appears that if I did not go to for urinal it will pass in cloth. I have taken ultrasound of my stomach the prostate is 26 gms. Is it normal? Please suggest me suitable medicine.
I am suffering with a gas problem. Some times in the night I don't even get a sleep because of the heavy stomach pain. Please help me.
Male 40 yrs. Recent scan report says that I have Fatty liver. Wanted to know how I can reduce the fat in the liver. I am unable to lose weight in the abdomen area for some time now even after diet / physical activities and have frequent digestion problems.
I have pain in my anus while motion & while washing after motion, from few days right now paining little whole day, I am in panic when I seen little blood last day when I touch my anus please suggest what may be the problem.
I am 55 years of age and 86 kgs in weight. For the past over a year I am not able to enjoy good sexual life. I suffer from high BP for the last 10 years or so. Presently I take Nebistar 5 mg one tablet in the morning and Telmikind 40 one tablet in the night daily. I have also suffered from acute acidity, reflux and gastric related problems over past 5/6 years for which I have been frequently on medications such as Omeprazole, Pantpoprazole and various antacids tablets. This I guess has taken a heavy toll on my health and also affected my sexual life. All my other reports are well within normal limits and I don't suffer from diabetes. Basically the sexual drive seems to have reduced. Taking into account my above condition, can you please advise how can I overcome these problems where I can reduce my weight, don't have acidity reflux related problems which helps increase my sexual drive to enjoy good sexual life. I am looking for a combination of exercises, food diet plan and medication for increased sexual drive and vitality. Thanks in advance.
I am 39 ys old. I have frequent stomach upset. 4 yes back had constipation l took laxatives. I started having diarrhea. If medicine taken it leads to constipation. Later l found that if sometimes stress is there have diarrhea. It relieves on taking ondem and pan 40. I had been prescribed zop and miraz tablet. I had to take tablets since 4 year s. I have nausea and vomiting frequently. I'm worried if taking all these tablets will affect my kidneys in future.
I am suffering from irritable bowel syndrome from 4 months. What shall I do? Give me advice. please sir.
My sister is 30 year's old, apparently before 6 months ago, his stomach is full with acidic water. When we consult with the doctor, doctor says that she is suffered with tb and she also take 1 month medicine for the tb but when we think that she didn't get any effect through that medicine then we consult with other doctors and then he told us that your sister is suffered with the cancer. But when we consult with the aiims's doctor's and they already done approximate all the test some of the example is ugie colonoscopy usg pelvis but all the result is normal and they told us that your sister haven't suffered through cancer. But still my sister's stomach have yet the acidic water and that water is always occur within just 1 to 2 weeks. Can you please consult us what we do asap.
When there is excessive acid build-up in your body, you experience a burning sensation in your chest. This condition is called acidity.
You feel a burning sensation in your chest, your mouth tastes sour and your throat may feel sore during bouts of acidity. An antacid can give you quick relief, but sometimes, you might feel like it isn’t working very well for you. Ayurveda may help you in this case.
Ayurveda is safe, and it provides a natural way to heal acidity.
Here are some Ayurvedic remedies for acidity:
1. Bananas: The potassium in bananas is an excellent antidote to acidity. Eating a ripe banana can provide you relief from the discomforting symptoms of acidity.
2. Milk: The calcium in milk bars acid build-up and absorbs the extra acid produced. For best results, drink cold milk to ease your discomfort.
3. Mint leaves: Mint reduces acid production and cools the burning sensation in your stomach. Chop and boil some mint leaves; then drink the cooled solution for relief.
4. Tulsi: Tulsi boosts mucus production in the stomach and has antiulcer properties. To ease your discomfort, chew on 5-6 tulsi leaves.
5. Cardamom: Elaichi, or cardamom, is a multi-purpose remedy. It stimulates digestion, reduces stomach spasms, soothes the stomach lining and prevents excessive acid production. Just crush two pods of elaichi in boiling water and drink it for quick results.
6. Cloves: Cloves boost saliva production, which helps in digestion and reducing the symptoms of acidity. For relieving acidity, just bite a piece of clove and keep it in your mouth. The oils released from the clove will reduce acidity within no time.
7. Aniseed: Aniseed cools the stomach lining, which reduces the burning sensation. Simply chewing a few aniseeds or saunf seeds, can bring about instant relief.
8. Cumin: Cumin stimulates saliva production, which aids in improving digestion and metabolism. You can eat cumin seeds, or boil them in water and then drink the solution for relief.
9. Ginger: Ginger improves digestion and helps absorb and assimilate essential nutrients better. It also protects your stomach from ulcers by boosting mucus secretion, which reduces the damage to the stomach lining caused by acid.
10. Amla: Also called the Indian gooseberry, amla has high amounts of vitamin C in it, which helps in healing the agitated lining of the stomach and oesophagus. You can consume one teaspoon of gooseberry powder to prevent acidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.
In most cases, pain anywhere in the body can be explained as a symptom of some other problem, but sometimes, there is no reason for abdominal pain. This type of pain is known as chronic functional abdominal pain. This is a gastrointestinal disorder that cannot be explained through X-ray or laboratory findings. It can be triggered by altered sensitivity to nerve impulses in the brain and gut. People suffering from this condition are often so debilitated by the pain that it becomes the central focus of their life.
This condition cannot be cured, but with proper treatment, it can be managed so that it does not affect the quality of your life. The aim of treatment for this condition is to control the symptoms and improve functioning. When it comes to treating this condition, the patient’s relationship with his or her doctor plays an important role as the condition cannot be proven through any form of testing and it has a great psychological effect on the person. Regular checkups are also a key to managing this condition effectively.
The first step towards achieving this is to identify possible emotional and situational triggers. Maintaining a journal that records these experiences can help with this. Further treatment is usually either through psychological treatment or antidepressants.
Psychological treatment is based on the understanding that the brain can block pain by diverting attention elsewhere. Nerve impulses that travel from the abdomen to the brain must pass through a type of ‘gate’ that is controlled by nerve impulses generated by the brain. When these impulses close the gates, pain is blocked while when these gates are open, the pain can be magnified. Psychological treatment for chronic functional abdominal pain can be in the form of relaxation techniques, imagery, hypnosis and cognitive behavioral therapy. While relaxation techniques such as meditation and hypnosis help a person shift focus from the pain, cognitive behavioral therapy teaches a person how to change thoughts and perceptions in order to control the pain.
Antidepressants can also act as pain relievers. This form of medication stimulates the production of brain signals that close the ‘gates’ of nerve transmissions. This blocks the pain but can take several weeks to be effective. Some people may experience side effects such as drowsiness and nausea and hence should never be taken without a doctor’s supervision. In some cases, antidepressants may also be combined with cognitive behavioral therapy or medication to regulate bowels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
I have hyperacidity from 15 yrs. Food is not digested. Loosmotion&vomiting with cough& sometime blood.
I am 24 year old male. I am suffering my gastric problems from 2 days. Tried few things but nothing worked out. Even I do suffer from mouth ulcer very often. please help.
I am suffering from anal infection fistula and fissure . I am on treatment currently from my family physician but I want to ask one thing I smoke 4-5 cigarettes per day is smoking will affect my healing of this ?
I have acidity problem der is nothing happening in stomach but I have high problem of acid reflux and also upper body pain.
Anal fissures are the small tears formed in the anal lining. They are also known as anal ulcers. An anal fissure causes a lot of pain and bleeding during your bowel movements. Usually a fissure heals automatically in a few days time. It can be treated with simple home remedies as well.
- You can suffer from an anal fissure if you pass hard and large stools.
- Also strained childbirth or suffering from violent spells of diarrhea might get you an anal fissure.
- Chronic constipation may also be cause of a fissure.
- Other rare causes may be anal cancer, HIV, tuberculosis or herpes.
Individuals of all age groups can suffer from anal fissures. It is not a very serious problem and heals on its own in a few weeks. Although it can heal itself, there are certain treatments which can help relieve the pain you get from an anal fissure.
An anal fissure has quite a lot of symptoms for you to understand what you are suffering from:
- There will be a very visible tear around the anal region. You will be able to spot the tear on the skin very easily.
- A small lump of skin may form next to the tear.
- When you will be undergoing your bowel movements, you will feel a very sharp pain in the anal region.
- You will find spots of blood on the stool passed.
- You will also feel a burning or an itching sensation in the anal region.
Although most fissures do not require treatment, there are a few remedies that will help cure them faster:
- Stool softeners: You get certain medicines at the chemist, which are known for their stool softening functions. These stool softeners help to soften the hard stools and initiates smooth bowel movements.
- Eat fibrous foods: Eat foods rich in fiber like fruits, whole grain cereals, raw vegetables, etc.
- Take warm baths: Take a bath in warm water as it relaxes your anal muscles, helps to relieve irritation in the region, and increases blood flow in the anorectal region.
- Use ointment: Apply nitroglycerin ointments and topical pain relievers to promote blood flow to the anal region and to relieve discomfort from the region respectively. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.