Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pranab Kr. Basak
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pranab Kr. BasakYour feedback matters!
I do have many scars on my face from last 2 years and I don't know how to overcome these. So dats yy I just wanted a solution.
I have bald problem and lost all hair at centre of head, I am taking betamethsone. 1mg and applying minoxidil 5% two time, but no effect please advise me for the treatment.
I am 23 years old male. I am suffering from dandruff on my scalp a little white layer is forming. On my forehead acne is forming. I am using khadi products since 6 months but no use. I am suffering from pimples my skin is oily. Please help me to get rid of all of these. * can we use NIZORAL for dandruff.
Myn face is full of pimples wat to do for ssoft skin and as soon as possible to clear all pimples wat to do any best medicine.
I have black spots on my face Can you please suggest me a nice cream for it I have consulted many doctors. But. Didn't. Cured totally please help. Me.
I am a 65 years old male suffering from High BP and diabetic since last 7 years. Recently I am getting white patches on my elbow and ankles. What may be the reason and treatment?
Hello this is niharika I have much hair fall and my age is 17 please give me an advice to grow my hair.
The onset of winter brings with it chilly and dry winds. For some, it’s the time to enjoy the chill weather with hot water baths and soothing drinks, and for others it’s time to brave the long persistent cold and flu like symptoms which cause sickness and discomfort.
People who are allergic to the winter season can catch a cold on the slightest exposure to cold air. Sometimes, it’s difficult to ascertain whether it is cold or an external allergen. In people prone to winter allergies, the allergies are mainly caused due to the allergens present in the environment. Mostly, winter allergies are also caused by the same allergens that are triggered in the summer season.
Thus, people who have some or the other form of seasonal allergy is likely to suffer from allergies as the season changes.
- Pet dander (flakes of skin in an animal's fur or hair) allergies are believed to escalate in winter since pets are mostly indoors during this season. The best way to deal with this is keeping the pet’s area clean and dry, washing and changing of the bedding regularly, and avoiding physical contact as much as possible.
- Dampness of clothes, blankets and shoes at home can be an allergy trigger for many people. The best way to control this type of allergy is to keep damp clothes and shoes in sun for some time. However, this may not work in many countries with extreme cold climates, which lack sunshine in their environment.
- Decaying leaves and other yard waste can cause allergies due to mould and mildew. Mopping and sweeping the floors and garden can help alleviate the problem to some extent.
- Dry climate can cause irritation in the nose and throat. It’s important to replenish the body with adequate liquids and water rich fruits and veggies. It’s important to choose your drinks wisely. Too much tea or coffee can also dehydrate the body. Go for ginger lemon honey infused in warm water for best results.
- Allergy symptoms can also be caused due to too much moisture in the environment. It can give rise to a stuffy or runny nose, sneezing and coughing. Thus it’s best to avoid sitting in a moist environment for long.
- Sinus congestions are also common during the winter season. Steam inhalation and hot showers can help relieve the symptoms and provide relief.
Whether you are allergic to pets, moisture, dampness, dry weather or chilled winds, the thumb rule is twofold—to understand what triggers your allergies and to avoid your exposure to those allergens. As we all know, allergies have no cure and they need to be managed. Drugs also help in controlling the allergy symptoms to some extent. However, it’s best to prevent them as far as possible. If you are confused about what triggers your allergy, make sure to consult your doctor.
My husband is having lots of dandruff he has used head and shoulder shampoo but he is not getting any relief. Due to what reason is he getting dandruff and how will this itching problem solve please help.
Every women wants soft and glowing skin, which one will never get tired of touching.
Have you ever dreamt of having glowing skin, which is so soft, that your husband never stops telling you how soft it is?
Have you always wanted your friends to compliment on how radiant your skin is?
Well now, your dream will surely come true as given below are some tips to obtain soft and glowing skin naturally.
If you follow these tips properly then you will also have the soft and glowing skin naturally, which you always dreamed to possess.
Some of the tips to acquire smooth, soft and glowing skin naturally are:
- The harsh sun can really make your skin look bad hence, apply sunscreen every time you go out to protect your skin form dust and harsh rays of the sun.
- Make sure that you take a cool shower instead of a hot shower.
- Use less soap. Soap is made up of chemicals instead mix channe ka atta, shikakai powder and kasturi haldi and add some water to make a fine paste out of it. Apply this paste to your body and rinse it off.
- Moisturize your skin daily as your skin needs nourishment.
- Eat healthy and be fit. If you eat healthy green vegetables, fruits and fibers, you will soon have glowing skin. Eat sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrot, mangoes, spinach, and blueberries and dry fruits and nuts.
- Workouts daily, if you tone your muscles, it will make your skin look tighter and well sculpted.
- Sleep well as a good night sleep will help your skin to look fresh.
- Don’t use excess make up. Cosmetics are made up of chemicals instead go for natural products.
- Apply rose water to your skin as it improves your complexion.
- Drink a lot of water as water makes your skin look bright and fresh. Dehydrated skin looks dull.
- Scrub your skin well as it helps to remove dead skin cells and makes your skin look radiant.
- Green tea scrub is a very effective scrub. To prepare a green tea scrub you need green tea leaves, one teaspoon of cream and one teaspoon of sugar. Boil green tea leaves in a spoon full of water and add sugar and cream to it. Mix well, apply, and rinse it off after 10 minutes.
Hence these are some of the tips you have to follow religiously to get smooth and glowing skin naturally. Make sure that you follow them properly.
My baby born with fair skin but while growing skin getting dark please give any home remedy to improve baby skin colour.
I have scars in my legs which is caused by mosquito bites .please suggest me a good scar removal cream for that.
My age is 23. I got stretch marks on my hands and stomach parts due to weight gain. How should I overcome it?
Hey doc. I had sex with csw on previous year with protection and my protection didn't break after that I took a test and my reports come non reactive the test has been taken on 6 month after that my hair fall starts and lots of dandruff? Is there any relation between them? Describe your scalp? Not usually itchy Hair Type: Dry Do you have hair loss? No.
I am 50, have Psoriasis (mainly scalp and back) and PSA. Should I take methotrexate with Arava or only Arava as I fear methotrexate will harm.
I'm 21 years old and I am having black waxy inner thighs. Some fungus infection. Its spread a larger area. I'm not able to live with this. Please help me to cure it. Are there any medicine for this. Please help me.
Sir now a days dandruff in my head is constantly. This generally happens to me in every winter. Suggest some ways to get rid from this.
Hello respected doctor's, my mother age 59 and working women, she take allopathy treatment for knees pain last 12 years but no improvement, last 2 month she take homeopathy treatment and her condition better. Now a days some skin problems found allergy. She take NATRUM PHOSPHORICUM 12X, CALCAREM phosphoric 12X, MAGNESIUM PHOSPHORICUM 6X AND DESMODIUM Q. She take those medicine and now better but skin problems occur, is that problem happened because change treatment allopathy to homeopathy, please solve this problem give homeopathy treatment for skin problems. Thank you.
How to go no poo
To go no poo is to stop using shampoo. Why would you want to do this?
1. The shampoo is expensive.
2. Chemicals* in shampoo can irritate and dry out your scalp and hair.
3. Chemicals* in shampoo can be hazardous to your health.
4. Your body produces oil to naturally condition your hair and keep it healthy. Using shampoo daily upsets the natural balance and causes you to produce more oil than necessary to compensate.
When you stop using shampoo, you will probably experience a transitional period while your body gradually adjusts to produce just enough oil to keep your hair healthy. During this time, which can range from a few days to a few months, you'll probably have some extra oil and grease that you may want to take care of to look presentable. The cheapest and most effective way to handle this is to use baking soda. The method I use involves a plastic cup, some baking soda, and a shower. You may also want to condition your hair after using the baking soda mixture, as sometimes it can leave your hair a bit dry. There are lots of different ways to do this; I use apple cider vinegar.
* in this context I'm referring to certain synthetic chemicals which have proven harmful in specific circumstances. I'll let you look up each one in the ingredients on your shampoo on your own. Your shampoo might not have anything you don't like it after all, although the other benefits of going no poo still apply. Please keep in mind that literally every substance can be referred to as a chemical and many are not generally harmful (water, for instance).
Step 1: cleaning
Put 1-2 tbsp of baking soda into a 16oz cup (or close). The ideal ratio is about 1 tbsp of baking soda per 1 cup of water. When you get in the shower, fill the rest of the cup with water and stir until the baking soda is dissolved. You should have some cloudy water at this point. If the mixture feels gritty or pasty, either add more water or use less baking soda. Now apply the mixture to your hair. Ideally, you should aim to get most of it around your roots and work it in with your fingers, gradually distributing it throughout the rest of your hair. It won't lather like shampoo, but it does give your hair a distinct 'smooth' feeling when it's properly distributed. Once you've rubbed it around a bit, you should be ready to rinse. When you are completely rinsed you are ready to condition.
Step 2: conditioning
The simplest way to condition is to use apple cider vinegar, in about the same way as you used baking soda: 1 tbsp of the vinegar per 1 cup of water. If you like you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, some honey, or some lemon juice. When you've mixed up your conditioner, pour it on and work it in just like you did the baking soda. When you're satisfied, rinse thoroughly.