Lybrate.com has top trusted Dermatologists from across India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pranab Kr. BasakYour feedback matters!
Healthy skin is a sign of overall good health and vitality. Skin problem is one of the most persistent problems encountered by people. It is imperative therefore, that you take care of your skin to avoid skin disorders. Various factors, such as pollution, smoking, eating processed food and a sedentary lifestyle contribute to unhealthy skin.
There are certain habits, which can be followed by you on a regular basis to restore the health of your skin. Some of them are:
- Exercise regularly: Exercising on a regular basis improves your skin health as it increases blood circulation in the body. Consequently, it helps in delivering various nutrients to the skin, which in turn defers aging. Daily exercises also prevent the onset of various skin disorders.
- Keeping it clean: You should keep your skin clean to prevent the buildup of dirt. This prevents clogging of the pores and enables the skin to breathe.
- Intake of vitamin C in various forms: Vitamin C is used in the collagen production process by amino acids. One of the most convenient ways of maintaining the glow of your skin is to introduce fruits and vegetables which are rich in vitamin C.
- Quit smoking: The pursuit of healthy skin necessitates immediate disengagement with smoking. This fatal habit should be avoided at all cost, as it triggers and facilitates the aging process. It also aggravates the production of free radicals in the skin which in turn adversely affects the skin.
- Less exposure to the sun: Exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun may damage the collagen structure of the skin. It also causes tanning and increases your chance of developing skin cancer.
- Avoid sweet food: Consumption of sweets may lead to the formation of various substances, which threaten to damage the collagen structure and subsequently aggravates the aging process.
- Antioxidants: Fruits and leafy vegetables are generally packed with antioxidants. A potential damage of the skin can be deterred by including them in the diet.
- Massage: Skin massages facilitate blood circulation on the skin and eradicates the damaging effect of the free radicals. This ensures that you have healthy and refreshed skin.
- Plant proteins: The level of oestrogen falls drastically in women after menopause, leading to the development of wrinkles.Foods, such as soy, nuts and beans minimise this effect by replenishing the level of oestrogen in the body and therefore must be incorporated in the diet.
Related Tip: "5 Tips to Treat Oily Skin"
Dear Sir/Mam, I am facing skin diseases problem like fungal infection since last 6 months. Kindly give me proper advice. Thanks Joginder Singh.
Suffering from wisdom teeth pain. They growing away outside from jaw. And itching my cheeks under skin. Please help me.
I have dark circle from 2 to 3 month and I also get proper sleep but it doesn't goes plzzz suggest some home remedies thanks.
I m 22 years old. I used to suffer from a sudden hairfall. Hairs are whitening and falling very rapidly especially shampooing or oiling time. What to do?
I was suffering from chickenpox last .My body became so weak and there are a lot of scar on my whole body (face) how can get rid of.
Lybrate | Dr. B.Sudhakaran speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Hello docs, I am 26 years old and 90kg heavy. I am facing hair loss problem from past 3 years which started due to my poor eating and sleeping habits. Also since I was working in a cement plant the dust and pollution was the initial cause of hairloss. I faced dandruff problem as earlier I used to wash my hair less and rarely oiled it. From past 6 months I am almost daily washing my hair with head & shoulder anti hairfall shampoo but had no luck. Though the dandruff is gone but the problem remains. Still I am using free twice a week to keep my hair dandruff free. The lifestyle is hectic, tensed and polluted in gurgaon. I know there can be many reasons. But I need to stop this asap. Pls help.
Hello doctors pls treat kijiye meri skin bhut week hai kale rang ke dhabbe hai face par pimple ke daag hai.
Doctor Please give me advice on stretch marks. To avoid and to cure the old ones at home. Do everybody have stretch marks?
Hi Doctor, My age is 27 and suffering from hairfall for the last one year. While combing or taking head bath I am getting at least 30 to 40 hairs average. Please let me know how can I stop this hairfall permanently and please share me the reason for this hairfall..
My age is 23. My height is 6ft. My weight is 80 kg. From six month I am experiencing excessive and new hair growth on all over body. Chest turning into breast and too much abdomen bell fat along with abdominal pain. I had my cortisol checked which came 234ng/ml. Is it normal or high?
I have some hair below my eyes. I'm 20 year male. This not look good and during shave (trimming) I think to remove but if I do it will growing more. So what can I do for it.
Dear sir/mam From 2 days I'm facing a problem of drying my lips and having a small irritation around my lips and having small dots around them Can you please suggest some remedies or medicines to cure.
I am 22 years old working in shift duty. My beard is turning to white from past 2 month. Deeply frustrated what should I do.
I am 28 years old and I can't grow more BEARD. I have only few beard in selected areas of my face skin. What is the complete solution to grow Full BEARD or what shall I do to grow more beard and look complete adult?
Welcome to Tvam skin and hair clinic, My name is Dr. Jitesh Shetty. My major specialization is in the field of Botox, fillers, fine Thread contouring and FUE hair transplant. At one we adopt a very holistic approach to all our treatments combining modern techniques with the old ancient technique of medical spa organic treatments. Our treatment tend to be highly customized for all our patients. So looking forward to seeing you here very soon.
Hello, my name is Dr. Umaira Sheikh at Tvam skin & hair clinic to give best treatment to our patients without any side effects. We have very effective skin whitening treatment for fairness and glow. We do PRP therapy for facial rejuvenation and hair regrowth, skin firming and lifting. We have very effective treatment. It's called HIFU for painless hair removal. We have diode laser for all age groups.
Hope to see you here very soon.