Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pranab Das GuptaYour feedback matters!
My friend has recently got married so she is very afraid of participating in sex. What are the things to follow for 1st time participation in sex and what will be the result after participating in sex?
I have gone through c section, every thing was ok before it but unfortunately the baby died after few minutes, he had dark patches on his forehead, eyes and at the back of head and they looked like open wound, the doctors did not tell the reason, we are also confused if every thing was ok before going through c section then why did the baby die. Can I still be able to give birth to a healthy baby as my age is 45. Does age effect the health of the child.
Hi I have irregular menses and got treatment for that I had given course for about six months now treatment got finished and I'm getting my periods regularly bt safe side doctor suggested me to use metformin 500 mg' tablets daily bt I want to clarify that is it safe that having sex and using that tablets is fine or not please give brief explanation thank you.
I am 26 years old girl. I have irregular periods. I had taken lots of medicines but all are unusefull. What I should do.
My wife age 62 is suffering from urine leakage problem. Uterus and gall bladder has been removed. Frequent urge to urinate. Please suggest remedy.
If you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), eating well can help manage some of the long term complications of this condition. Read on to learn about the best nutrition choices you can make if you have PCOS.
What is PCOS?
PCOS is a condition that affects women. It is caused by an imbalance of a woman’s sex hormones which may lead to:
Menstrual cycle changes
Skin problems such as acne
Increased hair growth on the face and body
Cysts in the ovaries and
Trouble getting pregnant
PCOS affects up to 10 percent of women. It may be genetic since women with PCOS are likely to have a mother or sister with PCOS. Women are usually diagnosed in their 20s or 30s, or sometimes when they are teenagers.
PCOS and weight gain
If you have PCOS, your body makes too much androgen. Androgen is often called the "male hormone," but small amounts are made in women’s bodies too. If your body makes too much androgen, it can lead to weight gain, especially around the belly area. This type of weight gain can increase the risk of:
High blood pressure
High blood sugar
Heart disease and
Tips for maintaining a healthy weight with PCOS
There is no specific diet that can prevent or treat PCOS. However, eating well and being active can help manage some of long term complications of PCOS. The good news is that losing anywhere from 5 to 10 percent of your body weight can help with weight-related health problems.
The best eating plan if you have PCOS is one that helps you manage your weight and also lower the long term risks of diabetes and heart disease. This plan should be low in saturated fat and high in fibre.
Choose better fats:
Too much saturated and trans fat in the diet can lead to weight gain, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Limit foods that contain saturated and trans fats. Instead of these bad fats, choose smaller amounts of healthy unsaturated fats, which are found in vegetable oils like canola and olive oil, avocado and nuts. Aim for a total of 30 to 45mL (2 to 3 Tbsp) of healthy fats each day. You can learn more about choosing healthy fats here.
Eating more fibre can help maintain blood sugar levels and lower your cholesterol. Plus, fibre helps make you feel full, so you tend to eat less. This can help with weight control. Aim for 21 to 25 grams per day. Here are some high fibre foods to try:
Fruit – especially berries, pears, oranges, figs, kiwi
Vegetables – especially peas, spinach, squash and broccoli
Whole grains – such as oats, brown rice, whole wheat, quinoa, barley and buckwheat
Legumes – such as lentils, chickpeas, soybeans and kidney beans
Cereals made with wheat bran, psyllium or whole grain oats
Nuts and seeds – such as almonds, flax, sunflower seeds
Similar to fibre, protein also helps you feel full for longer, so you will eat less. This is a great way to help control your weight. Make sure that you have some protein at every meal and snack like chicken, turkey, beef or fish. Or, try vegetarian options such as legumes, soy or a quarter cup of nuts or seeds. Milk and low fat yogurt are also good sources of protein.
Foods to limit:
Some foods cause weight gain if you eat them often. Choose fewer foods that are high in sugar, salt, refined flour and fat such as:
White rice, pasta or bread
Candy and chocolate and
Try to get at least 2 ½ hours of exercise each week. Start with 10 minutes of activity and work up to longer times as your body adjusts. Review the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines for activity ideas. Even if you don’t lose weight, exercise can help control your blood sugar and cholesterol levels and lower your risk for heart disease and diabetes.
I took I pill on 6th may though he didn't ejaculate in me. From last 5-6 days I'm feeling breast tenderness and they pain when touched or pressed and I'm having frequent urination. I am not pregnant right? I'm damn scared it was biggest mistake and I live alone I really need help. And I want to get my periods I know you don't get periods after you take I pill but I badly want my periods. What should I do please help.
What is suvarnaprashana?
The process in which swarna bhasma (ash of gold) with other herbal extracts taken in the form of semi liquid and given to the children through their mouth is called asswarnaprashana, suvarnaprashana, swarnamritha prashana or swarna bindu prashana.
It’s a unique method of immunization which helps the children to boost up the intellectual power and produces non specific immunity in body to fight against general disorders.
It is also helpful even to the special children with autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit, hyper activity, delayed milestone etc.
For what period it should be done:
Daily dose of swarna bindu prashana should be given for minimum of 1 month to maximum of 3-6 months.
Monthly once for minimum of 30 months to maximum of 90 months on the day of pushya nakshatra (pushya nakshatra day comes once in 27 days)
Time and duration to give suvarna prashan:
Every day morning in the empty stomach or on the day of pushya nakshatra. The drops should be given by the parents to the baby in empty stomach.
Dosage of suvarna prashan drops:
Birth to 2 year – 2 drops
2 to 16 years – 4 drops
Age of children who can take suvarna prashan:
From birth up to the age of 16 years.
Benefits of suvarna prashan:-
1. Immune system towards diseases becomes stronger.
2. Increases physical strength. And growth of the baby.
3. Grasping power, analysis power and recall memory becomes sharper.
4. Improves digestive power.
5. Tones up skin colour and texture.
6. Protects the baby from different kinds of allergies.
Importance of suvarna prashan:-
Maharshi kashyapa says suvarna prashana improves intelligence, digestive fire and physical power. It gives long, spiritual, holy and saintly life. It gives rejuvenative effects and tone ups the skin. It improves immunity in a way so that the child is prevented from bacterial and viral infections. Regular use of suvarnaprashana helps in such a way that, the child gets best immunity to defeat diseases. Regular use of suvarnaprashana make child very intelligent and he can remember all heard by him.
Mode of action of suvarna prashan
Gold is considered as very precious in ayurveda. When swarna is converted into swarna bhasma as explained in ayurveda, it would possesses following properties:-
- Swarna bhasma has moisturizing & unctuous effect on body.
- It is madhura, rejuvinative and immunity booster.
- Improves complexion and growth of the body.
- Does detoxification of the body.
- Has ability to treat different fevers like vishajwara, aantra jwara and general weakness.
- It has been proved that swarna bhasma possesses anti oxidants, anti depressants, anti cancerous, antibacterial anti rheumatoid property.
- It also acts as nervine stimulant.
As we know a human brain grows rapidly in 1 to 16 years of life. Swarna bhasma accelerate the growth of brain and boost up its utilization capacity if swarna prashana is done during this phase.
Other drugs in it help to build immunity of the baby.
Also it has many benefits like improvement in concentration, grasping capacity, digestion and complexion.
Swarna bindu prashana underwent series of clinical analysis by many ayurvedic doctors and other associated hospitals. And we have found excellent results in increasing immunity and general health in a normal healthy baby.
Presentation of suvarna prashana drops:
Swarnaprashana drops are available in 5ml, 10ml presentation.
How to store the drops:
Drops should be kept in room temperature and should not be exposed to direct sunlight. Note that it should not be stored in refrigerator. Swarna prashana drops can be used for 5 years when stored in shade and in room temperature.
Are you suffering from polycystic ovarian syndrome and are looking for an ideal remedy? Polycystic ovarian disease or PCOD is a common female health condition. It is a complex disorder and involves several factors which include insulin resistance, obesity, irregular menstrual bleeding, insufficient ovum production, and abnormal menstrual cycles. PCOD commonly occurs during the reproductive age of a woman and accounts for being a major cause of infertility.
According to Ayurvedic principles, PCOD occurs primarily due to the imbalance state of your doshas. The dosha vaishanmya is linked to the symptoms of PCOD, and the relationship between the doshas and lakshans is permanent.
PCOD is associated with stri beeja and rajah formation, along with medhodhantu to some extent. These should be attended to while the condition is being treated. The Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD aims at providing ideal care by correction of the ama dosha. By this, you achieve koshta shuddi, which in turn regularizes your tridoshas. The way or approach towards Ayurvedic treatment for PCOD includes the following:
- Treatment of agnimandya at both dhatwagni and jataragni levels.
- The alleviation of sroto avarodha is an essential part of PCOD treatment using Ayurveda. You should undertake purificatory therapies which are based on the grade of your doshic vitialation, and the exact area of affliction. These should be followed by rasayana drugs, which are free radical scavenging agents.
- The regularization of the apana Vata is essential as well. You must firmly avoid vihara and kaphkara ahara.
- Yoga and meditation are very important for the Ayurvedic treatment of PCOD. You should perform yoga asanas regularly. Some of the ideal postures for PCOD management include sarvangasana, matyasana, and shavasana.
- It is also very important for you to work out regularly, undertake different physical exercises. This will make your overall life much healthier.
- You must follow a healthy, balanced diet regularly, which should consist of fresh vegetables and fruits.
Ayurvedic herbs for the treatment of PCOD
- The varuna crataeva nurvala is an effective herb which helps in the clearance of channels, which reduces your cyst’s size.
- You can try hareetaki because of its amazing laxative effects, which reduce the morbidity of your body.
- Bilva or aegle marmelos heps in reducing the size of your growth, via its digestive effect.
- Strotasshuddhi is required and herbs likes Punarnava, kaphhar medicines are advised.
- Phytooestrogen sources and female tonic Shatavari is very much advised.
- Agnimantha, similar to lions. Lake er dhareyjata
- Guduchi is another effective remedy for PCOD and has a rejuvenating effect.
- Kanchnar is the drug of choice for Thyroid as per AYURVEDA, Strotasshuddhi is done by using Trikatu, Punarnava and other medicines. Rasayan like Shatavari are advised for enhancing female hormones.
If you are experiencing any symptom of PCOD, it is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner. This ensures that proper diagnosis is undertaken so that you can start treating the condition as early as possible.
Sir, my wife had tumour n got her ovary removed, she survived the complications, she is suffering from fine dust skin allergy (not tested but told by docs of GND university). I feel if someone or something could be of help to her. Kindly guide. Thank you.
Hello. I have problem with my periods this time they come before expected and their is not proper bleeding discharge yesterday it was red but today (second day) it is darkish in colour n slightly pain in abdomen n their was pale yellow discharge last week as I have protected sex last month. I have sex 2 days after my last periods. Please help me I am very worried. thanks.
My baby is 6 months old. Her weight is 5 now:-(breast fed till 3 months. Now she is poor in eating. Not drinking milk (nan pro 2), cerelac, apple juice. She is not opening mouth for anything. Much worried. Could you please tell anything to feed her tat boosts her weight and energy. She is 6 months but look like 3 month kid. Please help. Please tel me how to make her eat and what foods or best for babies.
Its about my sisters health she is having Fibroids in Utters she says no for operation pls suggest me she is suffering from 7 years.
Physical intimacy is a very important part of our lives and defines how we relate to others and see ourselves. It is the attraction one feels towards a particular gender or group of people not just romantically, but emotionally and sexually. There is an increase in the number of people in today's world who identify themselves as bisexuals. Bisexuality is the romantic and sexual attraction or behavior towards people of any sex or gender i.e. both males and females. There are many factors that affect the sexual orientation of a person including environmental, hormonal, emotional and biological factors. Bisexuality is not a disorder that needs to be treated, nor are bisexuals psychologically disturbed.
One very misleading myth is that bisexuality is just a phase and after experimentation (usually during college years) you settle for your true identity as either a homosexual i.e. attracted towards the same sex or heterosexual i.e. attracted towards the opposite sex. Bisexuality is not a transitional period. Most bisexuals may act on their desires and choose to be with one particular sex. However, it doesn't mean that bisexuals are not attracted towards the other sex. This does not mean that they are any less faithful towards their partners than other sexual orientations such as heterosexuals, homosexuals, pansexuals etc.
Several surveys later, it has been concluded that women are more likely to identify themselves as bisexuals than males. This is because women have greater erotic plasticity as compared to men. Bisexuals are often prejudiced against and are stereotyped as highly promiscuous and sexually confused. There is also a social stigma attached to the concept of bisexuality. This is nothing more than an unfair social bias. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I have pcod n m on diane35 since approx n years I haven't lost my weight m working on it bt now I have regular periods. So can I stop the medicine or continue it until I lose weight. I also have thyroid nd taking medicine for that as well.
I recently got to know that I am 5 weeks pregnant and am bit scared. Please tell me what are the probable complications I may face?
Do I get any STD or STI because strand gender done a blow job for 30 secs for me and I wore condone while doing. Do any disease transfer to me in the above case. Kindly please tell me because I was scared so much and it's a first time for me.
Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Basti, Shirodhara, and Nasya, The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Vamana: Vaman (Therapeutic Emesis) :] Therapeutic emesis is administered in patients suffering from derranged Kapha accumulated in Respiratory tract, Sinuses, Bronchial asthma, Psoriasis, Chronic Allergies, Obesity, Chronic Indigestion, Hyperacidity, Nasal Congestion and other skin disorders. Patient is advised to drink decoction of liquorice, or Acorus calamus root, or sugarcane juice – as per his body constitution and ailment he is suffering from – to the full extent and emesis is induced. Minimum 4-6 bouts of vomit indicates excellent purification.
- Virechana: Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Virechan (Therapeutic Purgation) : Virechan is given to patients suffering from Pitta dosha related diseases. It cleanses the GastroIntestinal tract thoroughly and voids off the Pitta toxins accumulated in the liver, gall bladder and small intestine. Purgation is given with medicines like Cows milk, Black currants, castor oil, etc.It is a safe procedure without side effects. Virechana helps to cure Chronic Fever, Diabetes, Asthma, Skin disorders such as Herpes, Paraplegia, Hemiplegia, Joint disorders, Digestive disorders, Constipation, Hyperacidity, Vitiligo, Psoriasis, Headaches, Elephantiasis and Gynecological disorders.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility. It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest are massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.