Find numerous IVF Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find IVF Specialists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best IVF Specialists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prajananika Gurung
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Infertility
In Vitro Fertilization (Ivf) Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Sperm Donor Program
Natural Cycle Ivf Treatment
Management of High-Risk Pregnancy
Artificial Insemination Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Egg Donation Procedure
Treating Disorders of The Unborn Child
Fertilisation In Vitro - Embryo Transfer (Ivf - Et
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (Icsi) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prajananika GurungYour feedback matters!
Is ivf treatment always successful? I am going to undergo a surgery next month for removal of endometriosis cyst on right ovary. Doctor suggesting me to go for ivf treatment within 3 months after the surgery.
Can I travel in flight for 3 hours while trying to get pregnant? Its around 2 weeks we’ve been trying. And I feel symptoms like abdominal cramps, lower back pain and frequent urge to pee. My travel has a layover of 20 minutes in between but I have to be seated in the plane itself.
I had sex with my husband 21 days ago and after 1 week I realize that I conceive and after 12 days of intercourse I conduct pregnancy kit test and it was negative and after that all the symptoms are exactly like early pregnancy and suddenly today I had bleeding and the color is dark maroon/brownish type. I had my last period on 40 days ago. Please suggest me how could I confirm whether it is pregnancy or something else.
Hii. I'm trying to conceive for last three months. My last period date is 12th December. And 24 25th I had intercourse. December 26th I had follicular study done and my left follicle was ruptured and minimal fluid in pod and that day I had intercourse and every another day is continuously. My don't is it's any chances of getting pregnant old and me.
Female infertility is not really a rare condition, it happens to one out of six couples. Infertility is a condition in which a woman is unable to conceive despite efforts. There can be a number of causes for female infertility, including problems with ovulation, uterus, fallopian tubes or ovaries. Age can also be a contributing factor to infertility. Following are the reasons that might be responsible for female infertility
- Ovulatory problems
- Damage of organs of reproductive system
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Scar tissues or adhesions of some sort
- Presence of polyps in the uterus
- A previous serious infection in the fallopian tubes or uterus
- Chronic medical illness relating to the reproductive system
- A previous ectopic pregnancy
- A birth defect in the uterus or fallopian tube
- The DES syndrome where in the infertility can occur to the offspring due to the medication DES is given to a mother in order to prevent miscarriage or premature of the child.
- Abnormal presence of cervical mucus can make it more difficult for sperms to reach the egg.
Now that the part about the causes has been discussed, it is essential to discuss the treatment. Are there really ways to reverse infertility in women to make them fertile? Well, in some chronic cases it is not possible; however, some are treatable by the following methods:
- In the case of hormone imbalance or endometriosis or short menstrual cycles, hormones are taken to treat the problems.
- Medications can be taken to stimulate ovulations.
- Fertility enhancing supplements can be used.
- In case of infection in any of the reproductive parts, antibiotics can be taken to remove them
- In order to remove blockage or scar tissues from the uterus, fallopian tube or pelvic area, minor surgeries can be performed.
Yes, there are some tips for prevention of infertility
- Taking all the steps required to avoid sexually transmitted diseases.
- Avoid intake of illicit drugs
- Having regular checkups with the gynaecologist
- Maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Exercising regularly
- Having a healthy sexual relationship
This article is a short walkthrough on female infertility and answers most of the commonly asked questions. In case you have further questions, you can always consult a medical practitioner near you.
Hi, I am now pregnant for 3 months via ivf under the dr. But now my doctor has told me that he is unable to treatment me for an unknown cause as I have told her to details. As per felomant diagnostic centre. Please give me an advice regarding this matter. Now in the mid way what should I do?
My age is 24. My amh level is 4 pmol/l.my ssg and laparoscopy reports are normal. We didn't have other issues like. Thyroid, pcod, pcos. My triple line is 6.5 mm. My both tubes are healthy and open. So can I get pregnant with this amh level. We are trying to get pregnant with since 5 years. Can I get pregnant with this level.
I want to get pregnant. We are trying it for 4 years but still we don't have baby. Once I was pregnant before 3. 5 years ago but the baby aborted naturally. After this I did not conceive. Please suggest what I do.
IVF procedure is often used for surrogacy. Surrogacy is a process where a healthy woman’s womb is used for the proper development of the fetus from the time of fertilization till the time of birth. Surrogacy is divided into two parts, namely, traditional surrogacy and gestational surrogacy.
Traditional surrogacy is the process where the sperm of the father is introduced into the egg of the surrogate mother for the pregnancy. In such a case, the surrogate mother is also the biological mother of the resulting child. Gestational surrogacy is a process where a fertilized egg is introduced inside the surrogate mother. In such a surrogacy, the surrogate mother’s genes are not passed onto the child.
Gestational surrogacy is quite beneficial for the surrogate mother and can be the ideal choice for many. Here are a few of the advantages of gestational surrogacy.
- Reduction of risk of breast cancer and ovarian cancer: Most people do not know that being a gestational surrogate mother can reduce your risk of developing breast and ovarian cancer. This is because during the pregnancy, the body’s hormone levels spike quite substantially. These hormones also protect your body against cancer. Research has revealed that gestational surrogacy is the most effective against breast and ovarian cancer and may even help to reduce chances of other cancers.
- Improves heart muscles: A gestational surrogate mother has a lot of other benefits as well. One such benefit is the improvement of the cardiac muscles. The real reason for this change is not known, but researchers feel that any hormonal change during the pregnancy can be a cause. The improved functioning of the heart can be quite effective during a second pregnancy for the same mother.
- No healthcare costs: The intended parents of the surrogate child are liable to pay all the healthcare bills of the surrogate mother throughout the duration of the pregnancy. This means that the gestational surrogate mother does not have to worry about spending money in a bid to treat any adverse side effect of the pregnancy. Since the child will go to the intended parents after birth, they are liable to pay for all the medical costs.
However, no surrogate mother chooses surrogacy in order to receive these benefits. Instead, they opt for the procedure in a bid to do some good for the society and let the intended parents feel the joy of having children.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!