Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradip Sinha
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip SinhaYour feedback matters!
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain.
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My mother 45 year old, she was facing a problem from last 2 year in there leg, the problem in portion CALF, she feel pain and sometimes the nerves became very hard and unable to walk at that time so please suggest sir.
I am a 51 yr old Female. I have pain in the back area of foot. Pain gets after sitting or laying down long time and stepping down for a few minutes. This started just before 1 month. I am taking clopitorva 10 mg for the last 1year. How can I get rid of this?
I've been suffering from knee pain for months but not regularly So I met a doctor and after analyzing my x-ray report he said. You have, CHONDROMALACIA, PATELLA ALTA and OSTEOMALACIA can someone please Tell me what should be my daily routine, what to do, what to avoid and how can I overcome this problem?
I am suffering with back pain from last few days, my cholesterol level is 312 and vit d is very less. What can we do.
A month ago I had a severe fever that existed for 4 days. The temperature stayed between 102°F - 104°F. No infection was detected by the blood test but I seemed to be a viral fever. Soon after temp came down I had severe pain in my hands and feet. After this situation I am feeling pain in finger joints (both hands and feet), wrists, ankles and knees. Just after waking up in the morning the stiffness of fingers is highest. From past one week it's making me uncomfortable. Though some exercise helps to reduce pain and ease movement of joints. Are these symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis? If yes then how should I deal with it?
Sir I got a typhoid fever before two month but still I feel tired and I have a severe knee pain. please give me some medical advise. I always feel exhausted.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
1. You will experience pain even while resting
2. There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
3. You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
4. The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
5. You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
1. Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
2. Lifting heavy things
3. Exercising without a proper warm up routine
4. Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
5. Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
6. Not stretching properly
7. Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
1. Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
2. Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
3. Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
4. Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!