Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip ShahYour feedback matters!
Hello i am 25 year old a girl. Main 6 year se deprresion se suffar kar rahi hu and mera weight v badh gaya hai so give me the solution in hindi please.
Are you stressed out lately and not being able to overcome it for a long time? With the holiday season approaching, you are bound to feel worse as your stress is bound to get in the way of celebrations. Winter is a promising time for celebrating, travelling and having fun, and you cannot let your patience and stress ruin it. Here are some steps following which you will be able to cope with your stress and anxiety, so that you can enjoy
Start with a clear mind:
- Realize that some things are just beyond your control. This is a tough thing to do, but you have to accept it just like the fact that you cannot control rain, sun, and the actions of people. Fighting against something beyond your control will make you stressed out and miserable.
- Realize that there are things, which are in your control. Focus on them and get a firm grip on them. The power of controlling your actions and reactions lies only in your hands. You can also influence your state of consciousness, your physiological responses, and mental processes.
- Learn to surrender and seek acceptance. Instead of resisting against the aspects which you cannot control, surrender to them. This does not make you weak, nor a loser. It is just accepting that you cannot change certain things.
- Be mindful. Stop for a moment, and try observing your internal experience, without any form of judgement. Try to become more conscious and aware of what goes on inside you.
- Take charge of your thoughts. The aim here is not to ignore and deny certain thoughts, but to transform them after analyzing and acknowledging them.
- Utilize your breath. It is an effective tool, which remains with you forever and connects your body and mind. Deep, slow breathing can be more beneficial than you could ever imagine. Keep inhaling and exhaling till you feel relaxed. This is excellent for calming your nervous system.
- Look at the brighter side of life, no matter how hard it may be. Focusing on positive things might make you discover a solution for your stressful condition.
- Take proper care of yourself. Self care is important for eliminating stress. You should take regular showers, eat balanced diet, exercise regularly, and carry out pleasurable activities.
- It is important for you to abstain from comparing yourself with others. Comparisons can cause distorted perceptions and increase stress. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Sir I can not control my anger and feel guilty, thinking process is very deep my concentration power becoming weak.
I am working woman mere shift 10 Hr ki hoti h or pure din mujko khade rehna hota h jiski wajah se mujko back se niche puri body me pain rehta h.
Hello Doctor, Myself Indrakesh Pandey Sir I would like to ask a question that if a Person leaves Smoking after a long usage how much time it will be taken by human body to secrete the Tar accumulated in body. I was a smoker of 8-10 cigarettes from last 12 Years Now from this Month on 14th I had stopped completely taking cigarettes and not even a single cigarette smoked from then by me. Sir now my Question is that what are the steps to completely flush out the unwanted Tars as I am having a Water Drinking habit of 7-8 litres of water in 24 Hours.
I am 29 years old and next month will be 30 years. My face is getting dull day by day coz of having lots of tension in my personal and professional life. What to do?
Sir, when ever I go for study or another important things I don't concentrate because of oscitation. Pls give some solution.
I can not control my anger, and broken my phone due to my anger and harmed other also. When I gets angry I becomes unstoppable and do the things later I regret plzzz help me I want some tips that how can I control my anger?
I m a boy I learned anything and forgets it during the exam or I keep something somewhere and forgets that means my memory skills are not good so how to create a good memory learning and remember something.
My wife gets mental depression almost every year especially in the end of March.What is the scientific reason and changes occur in the brain system.
Hello Doctor, I am 29 years od, I am suffering with Gender Identity issue. I am always feeling like a female. Whenever I see any girl or women, I am feeling like getting ready as female. Sometimes I am wearing chudidhars in my room secretly. Is my problem wil be resolved? or do I need to become a transgender? Please give me any solution Doctor. My parents are looking for a girl for marriage. I am unable to decide anything. Please help me or guide me Doctors.
Hi, I am 24 yrs old male currently staying in pune. I have been getting anxiety attacks or panic attacks more often. I passed my b. Tech in 2013. And after that I hadn't got a job. Continuous failures in interviews and pressure from family, I moved to pune in aug'2014 from my native to do a course in software in order to get a job. But I felt I can't concentrate in my studies anymore. Low in confidence, frequent panic attacks and getting an inferiority complex whenever someone yells at me. Sometimes, I get burst my anger and soon realise that wasn't necessary. I am sort of day dreaming, about all the good things that I could possess only if I had money. Seeing my friends here working in mncs might have caused it. And also I think often about the good memories I cherished only to smile a little and then again come back to my upset state. I can't sleep peacefully, I have to tell my mind to stop thinking but I am not able to stop that. Now it has been on a daily basis that I go to sleep at 3-4am. After continuous hustle with my mind to stop thinking, I have got a way to goto sleep. When I can't get this sleep, I masturbate so that I can sleep. And now this process on a daily basis is worrying me much than before.
I'm 24 year sir me 1st bar sex krta hu to jada der nahi kr pata hu jldi free ho jata hu but 2nd time 25-40 mint tk kr leta hu sir please btaiye me 1st time jada Q nahi kr pata kya muje koi bimari h ? Sir muje 1gandi aadat bhi h me boys k sath sex jada krta hu is vajh se to ye sb nahi ho raha h please help kre !
I would like to stop smoking Is any thing happens if rid off smoking suddenly How can I clean my lungs by food or exercises or.
Do you or someone you know lash out in aggressive verbal and violent behavior at the slightest provocation? This could be a symptom of a behavioral disorder called Intermittent Explosive Disorder or IED. Intermittent Explosive Disorder is characterized by repeated, sudden bursts of anger which are disproportionate to the situation. These outbursts also have no discernable reason behind them. These outbursts can have a negative impact on your relationships, work and finances. If left untreated, this chronic condition can continue for years.
The exact cause for IED is unknown, but research shows that a number of environmental and biological factors play an important role in triggering such behavior. Genes may also play a role in triggering this behavior as such aggressive behavior is found to run in families. Children and teenagers are most commonly affected by this condition. Children who have been exposed to violent behavior in their early childhood years are more likely to exhibit such behavior as they grow older. There are various symptoms exhibited by the people suffering from other psychological disorders such as bipolar disorder, ADHD or antisocial personality disorder; some of the symptoms to look out for are:
- Bursts of anger that last 30 minutes or less
- Chronic irritability
- Racing thoughts
- Tightness of the chest
- Tremors and tingling sensation
- Physical aggression
People suffering from this condition often feel relief or fatigue after such an episode. However, later they are filled with feelings of guilt and embarrassment. If such episodes occur repeatedly, it is best to consult a doctor. By conducting a thorough physical and psychological examination the doctor will be able to diagnose your condition and treat you accordingly.
There is no one set course of treatment that applies to all cases of this condition. Treatment usually involves medication and psychotherapy. Medication in these cases may include antidepressants and mood stabilizers. This medication should not be stopped unless your doctor advises this. Also do not use alcohol or any mood altering drugs along with it.
When it comes to psychotherapy, the patient may benefit from individual or group therapy. It aims to identify situations that trigger such behavior and teach the patient how to manage their anger. Practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing and yoga can also help keep you calm. Psychotherapy also enhances the patient's ability to communicate with others and find alternate ways of getting out of a frustrating situation.