Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip ShahYour feedback matters!
What are the effects of smoking marijuana? Some people says that it is not harmful, what is the truth, harmful or not?
Always my husband is not so responsible towards me and my children. He only wants his mother and sister. He treats them very luxurious and I n my children even not the needful. I am very much worried and suffering how he deals with us in our married life of six years. How he will be responsible, I made him the possibility to attend counselling with every matured people, but he blindly after his mother and sister neglecting us. Basic information is about my husband.
I am 36 of age. I am suffering from mental and physical weakness from last 3 months. I have a problem of facing bright lights and led lights. What should I do? Please help me.
I have a deep depression problem I am not able to concentrate on work and my friends and family not support to me. Please advise.
I am 26 years girl recently married and due to unwell doctors suggested that its a depression as all report coming normal but I am discomfort in sleep and lots of mood swings and vomit I was under medication for last 3-year but suddenly I left medication after engagement.in feb 2016 now I have restarted the medication. But i am afraid that this medicine will effect for conceiving. Can I try homeopathic instead of allopathy. Suggest.
it's time to make your decision -
why thousands of rupees on gyming / dieting - why not day care liposuction
why thousands of rupees for beautiful jewellery - why not beautiful body
why to wear clothes that hide your curves - why not to reveal
I have full body pain from yesterday. N felling sleepy every time. Feel like depressed. Is this because of weather or it have any other health issue. Please rply soon.
My son is 14 years old studying In viii class. He is studying for the sake of doing it but has little interest in it. His counsellor has lessen his burden by reducing his syllabus. Though he has started scoring quiet good but he doesn't make the effort to study himself. Only noting down work from other books & copies is his effort. But he never tries to read newspaper, his academic text books etc. He doesn't feel the importance of academics. We have consulted psychologist & child counsellor. He is very good child. Does all the outdoor activities very enthusiastically. A good player good team organizer, very friendly. Very handsome. But very slow in academics. I am very worried. please advice.
Depression is a clinical, mental and emotional condition that may give rise to feelings of hopelessness and chronic sadness. It slows down the way people process everyday activities and leads the patient to a sense of constant gloom and doom. It is a disabling mental condition as per who and may be caused due to reasons like genetics, changes in the balance of hormones, stress, grief, trauma and prolonged, chronic physical ailments.
Symptoms of depression are:
- Sleep irregularity: It relates to either insomnia or oversleeping that is, either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry: You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Feeling hopeless and sad: The first signal or symptom is the feeling of hopelessness. In this, case the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage, from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything: Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things, which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions, which you no longer find interesting.
Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines which most doctors are likely to recommend for treating depression:
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from post-partum depression (sadness or emotional conflict after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis.
The above mentioned medicines are just some of the medicines, which should only be taken only after consulting your doctor, as causes and symptoms differ for each person.