Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. And continuous smoker. I want to quit this. But when I get the smell. It's tempt me. And feel guilty later. What should I do to stop.
I am suffering from fever and cold from two day and also from body pain pls advice me. I am 20 year old.
I can't concentrate on one thing if I do then soon I wil get tired is this a cause from excess masturbation and also sweat a lot.
I'm an alcoholic, recently I done my lipids & sgpt test. At present I was advised to take UDILIV 300 twice daily with ROSUVAS F 20 during night only. Every time when I tried to withdraw alcohol I had PANIC ATTACK. Is it possible to take a little amount of alcohols per week with the above mentioned drugs or I should take some medicine instead of alcohol?? My sgpt level is 61.
Hi! I am 21 years old and I have been smoking for past 3 years. I started with 2-3 cigarettes a day then near to a packet. Now I have reduced it to 2-3 again. Is there any way that I can detoxify my body completely and quit smoking?
My frnd is very upset bcoz she got ditched by her bf having 2 yrs of physical relationship. Now her parents were forcing her to marry with someone else. She want to under go for hymenoplasty. please provide her a gud suggestion for her successful married life.
Respected sir what are differences between anxiety and depression? What are early signs of anxiety. I feels weakness and more time sleeps, not interested to join with society, not interested on food, always weeping among my self. Sir is all of these anxiety symptoms. I am some type of std phobia feeling. Please help out me sir.
Actually from last 4 month I have over thinking problem and I am swelling in past from 4 month. Actually I had over thinking problem due to my girlfriend and from last 15 days I am feeling that there is darkness around my mind and want to live alone and not even interested in studying, and disturbed my day to day life and have suicidal thoughts every now and then sir please suggest me what to do as I am very tired of this situation and I am not able to lead quality life?
The human brain is a unique and intricate organ, which performs many functions both consciously and subconsciously. However, during the formation of the brain within the mother's womb, the slightest of changes can cause damage to it, which manifest in many forms after birth. One of the forms it may manifest in is Autism.
What is Autism?
Autism, sometimes also classified as part of the Autism Spectrum disorder or ASD is a disorder of brain development, which will affect a child's capability to interact socially, in communicating through verbal and nonverbal means as well as exhibit repetitive behaviors. Some severe cases of these behaviors may also result in self-harm as well.
Other than this some other characteristics may be:
- Major to minor difficulties in motor coordination
- Intellectual disabilities
- Attention problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep related problems among others
How homeopathy can help
Conventional medicine is mostly used to treat some of the symptoms but is never used to cure or provide remedies for autism. A proper professional homeopath will be able to guide you to get the best results for your child and reduce all the problems of autism, if not outright cure it. Some of the medications that could be used to treat autism are as follows:
- Carcinosin - This is very helpful in children affected by autism who are talented, but are obsessive, compulsive, stubborn and also have sleep related issues. These children may also have addictive disorders.
- Agaricus - This medication is very good for children who may be mentally and physically awkward and show symptoms like indifference, muttering, talking, shouting or singing but not answering to direct calls or questions. Agaricus is very effective for children who suffer from involuntary jerking when they are awake.
- Cuprum Metallicum - This works wonders when the child is being very obsessive, angry and is inflexible, tense and is very aggressive towards their parents. Some of these children may even exhibit malicious behaviors and are usually averse to touch or being approached.
- Androctonus - A child or a patient who tends to swing wildly from a stable good mood to a destructive mode can be calmed down or evened out by Androctonus. These children also exhibit behaviors of suspiciousness and quickness to act on their compulsion.
- Helleborus - This is a very effective medication when the child is slow and under active and seems to be depressed most of the time. Some of these children may also have muscular weakness and helleborus is very effective in treating them.
These are only a few examples of how homeopathy can provide remedies for your autistic child and thus is an effective solution. However, you may need to consult a homeopathic doctor who can tailor make doses and medications after diagnosing the specific symptoms that you child may be having.
Many times I just lost my concentration / focus and all things in my real life, seems like to be happening in dream.
Hello! I am feeling depressed since few days and have lost interest in everything. I overthink also what should I do? M mentally disturbed alott.
Hi I am 24 years old, girl, I have mentally stressed about family, office and friends. I can't manage to all, please give me suggestion.
How to quit smoking is there any medicine for stop smoking. Nicotex is good for using to quit smoking? Are any sideffects for using nicotex. After quiting the smoking can we go for running and gym. For body fitness. My friend is smoking since 2 years regularly is any chance of damage in lungs. And what is the solution.
She is suffering with ocd which is fear of contamination she always thinks about purification of house due to fear from religious value and consequently she will wash hand even her own hair touched and will do for a longer than normally we do. As it is normal to touch all these thing she becomes busy towards her compulsion. If we try to stop her she starts abusing loudly so that we feel embarrassed but she doesn't think. She always talk about how poisonous it is? As lizard and any wasp, mosquito etc. She washes her hand after feeling to be touched but really she didn't touch it. When we try to stop we feel embarrassing due to dirty words language used by her. If I do not interrupt how she will overcome from it as she also frustrates with these activity and if I leave alone again there is problem she always makes situation quarrelsome and then after she calms for some duration. So very disgusting situation we face she doesn't care about her activity and never regret for embarrassment due to slang and abusive word which cannot be expected from a good family. She always feels herself right. Pls give a proper solution to resolve issue as it is frustrating too much me.
I m 28 years female married. I have a problem of loneliness. Drug addict. I had done love marriage but no change in unsocializing behavior nor more loneliness. Hav a partner too, my best frnd in al ways. But he is out of india. Its more than 45-55 days no intimacy. Now I dont feel lyk. I am loyal to partner. When I thot myself to get rid of mental stress. I dont feel llike. Is it sign of menopause or what. whenever I surf some site for my ownself. I end up in crying as thats comes, i m cheating my partner" what to do? Help.
I had been smoking 3 to 4 cigarettes everyday from past 8 years. Will I face any harmful effects of I continue smoking?
Depression is a psychological condition, which can develop in men and women of any age. No one can identify the cause of depression. It can be excessive stress, failure in relationships, academic pressure and various other issues of these sorts. But depression in itself is a serious condition and needs to be treated as soon as possible, lest it aggravates.
Before trying to deal with depression through medicines and counselling, it is important to recognise the signs and symptoms of this condition and try as much as possible to come out of it on your own. There are certain natural remedies, which work during the initial stages of depression. It is only when these fail or it aggravates that the patient must be rushed for immediate counselling. Here are certain natural ways of treating depression.
- Sleep well: A sign that you are suffering from depression is lack of sleep. One does not get sleep no matter how hard he/she tries. Even after having sleeping pills, one does not get the correct amount of sleep that he/she requires. This triggers insomnia, thereby causing other health problems to develop. Thus, sleeping is mandatory. If needed, you must force yourself to sleep.
- Eat well: It is often said and seen that depression leads you to binge eat or over eat. Overeating would include indulging yourself to too much chips, chocolates, junk food and the like. This would unnecessarily make you gain extra pounds and can trigger obesity. Alternately, it has been seen that the patient lacks the desire to eat anything. This too can lead to adverse effects as the body balance gets disturbed.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps in diverting your mind to something else for a little while. It also helps in keeping you fit and healthy. In case you do not like to exercise, you can opt for jogging or running or even simply taking a walk out in the open. Going out and inhaling fresh air, makes you focus on positive thoughts for a while. A daily dose of positive thoughts can do wonders for you.
- Experiment with yourself: Try something new each day that you have not tried ever before. This might include cooking, knitting, riding a bike and the likes. This keeps you busy and keeps your mind off the negative thoughts. What’s more, you might discover some of your hidden talents.
These are some of the natural remedies that you can opt for to fight depression before consulting a psychologist for the same.