Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradip Sarkar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip SarkarYour feedback matters!
When I go to study or sit for study every time I suffer sleep. Or muje nind ane lagty hai jisse mera study nahi ho pata, haven't any addiction. So what I do pls suggest. Bcs M more back in my career do to main cause.
I am facing tongue ulcer problem from long back I have consult doctors but still problem it there. Whenever I get tensed my tongue starts to became heavy. Please suggest.
20 days ago I had done accident when I was riding motorcycle. I had gone to a hospital and done X-RAYS of my both hand and my both knee, doctor told me there was a fracture in left hand and rest is ok. He had done plaster and advised to come in next seven days and my hand will also be cured in 20-25 days. After seven days, when I had gone there compounder told me to do a X-Ray after that doctor examined me and told me that you would be cure in next 35 days. When I asked about my knee pain, he told me that you have to do MRI of knee it might be your ligament has broken and told me to come after 15 days. What to do now is a problem? I had spent a lot of money there and now I don't have more to spent.
Hi Sir/Mam One day one of my friend mother is fasting and she took pain killer on the same day and she died. How it happened we don`t no please tell me the reason?
Patients experiencing low back pain are regularly recommended to a physiotherapist for exercise based recovery. This is done before a patient considers other aggressive options like back surgery. The objectives of exercise based recovery are to eliminate back pain, increase functioning and educate the patient about a regular pain prevention program for back pain in the future.
Low back stiffness is to a great extent dependent on the abdomen and lower back muscles. The abdominal muscles give support by putting pressure on the abdomen, which is then exerted, on the spine. This provides an external support column from the front of the spine. The low back muscles balance out the spine. Simply put, the hard spine and circles are surrounded by muscles, and the stronger these particular muscles are, the less strain is put on the plates and joints of the spine. The patient needs to develop a belt of muscles around the spine.
Most physiotherapy methods that are intended to treat low back pain and some radicular pain (pain extending down the leg), include a number of the following kinds of activities:
- Stretching: Appropriate stretching of the muscles alongside dynamic activity will keep up the usual scope of movement and give alleviation to muscles. These are the muscles that are gradually shrinking or are an ill fit from wrong stance or nerve aggravation. For some patients it is best to follow a stretching schedule that has been exclusively made for them by their physiotherapist.
- Dynamic exercises: These activities include the use of a number of activities that might include exercising balls, adjusting machines or particular balancing out activities. The purpose of stabilization activity is to strengthen the muscles of the spine and backing the spine through different scopes of movement.
- Core strengthening exercises: These are particular activities to strengthen the abs and low back muscles (erector spinae) to give the previously mentioned 'belt of muscle' around the spine.
- Abdominal strengthening: These kinds of exercises include sit-ups, crunches, stomach machines, and leg raises.
- Hyperextensions: These can be performed on machines or by lying on the stomach and gradually raising the stomach off the ground. This activity uses the lower back muscles to "hyperextend" the spine. Make sure not to do it with sudden jerks. The stretch should be slow and gradual to prevent ligament tear from happening.
- Lumbar traction: With lumbar traction, the patient lies on his back and is secured on a special table with a link or cable coming from the foot-end of the table that joins to a strap that has been set around the patient's hips. The link or cable is connected to weights at the foot-end of the table that gives a consistent and soft pulling power on the hips toward the foot-end of the table.
I am 20 years old male, whenever I play tennis or cricket, I immediately suffer pain in my shoulders, but it goes within 2 days, so I want to know what is the reason behind this and how should I get rid of it. Thanks in advance.
Hello sir actually I am suffering from knee pain since 3 month At morning pain much on knee movement Suggest me a right medicine.
Staying healthy involves a wholesome state of being where the mind and body are in perfect sync. A less than properly functioning body can leave you in a state of potential depression after a certain point of time, while a depressive mind can leave you feeling less than stellar where you end up imagining and experiencing pain. The health of your bones and joints is one such area that requires even more care as you start growing older. Wear and tear is just one of the reasons for degeneration while fractures and injuries can lead to a sudden halt of normal functioning of the bones and joints too. So how can you ensure bone and joint health in the long run? Follow our tips!
- Eating Right: Pick calcium rich food like dairy products that have a low fat content, including milk and yogurt. Also, have a daily dose of green, leafy vegetables and plenty of citrus fruit and juices for your fill of calcium. Further, food like eggs and soya beans which have lots of vitamin D can also help in retaining good bone and joint health. Vitamin C rich fruit like watermelon, oranges, squash and tomatoes also help in natural tissue and cartilage repair. And finally, get plenty of Vitamin K to retain good bone density for a prolonged period with ingredients like leafy green vegetables, eggs and cheese.
- Exercise: This is the key to good bone and joint health. Much like machinery and tools, the bones and joints of your body can also wither with disuse and prolonged inactivity. Make sure that you indulge in exercises like long walks and muscle strengthening exercises which will give your joints and bones good amount of strength as well. Remember to speak with your doctor before you start a new exercise regime so that you avoid anything that may be harmful in case you have any other ailment. Low impact exercises will strengthen the spine, while fat burning and weight loss exercises will ensure that there is less pressure on the knees and lumbar area. Swimming and resistance building exercises can also be practised for these purposes.
- Abstinence: A major factor in promoting better bone and joint health is abstinence from all those things that can create problems in the long run, like smoking, drinking excessively and even too much consumption of caffeine and fatty food. All these things can create depletion of the natural bone mass. Also, switching to a lower heel for everyday wear footwear and changing your position during your time at your work station are a few things that will go a long way.
Take care of your bones and joints the right way today, for a healthier tomorrow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.