Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pradip Chakraborty
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Pradip ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
One part of the human body is essential for the efficient functioning of another. The hip joint provides support to your overall body weight while you are at ease or in motion. Suffering from medical problems pertaining to the hip can impede free movement; walking, running, stooping, sitting or even lying down will cause immense pain and discomfort in such a situation. While certain bodily disabilities come with old age and are in most cases unavoidable; some others can actually be controlled through physical exercise.
Take a look at a few stretches to improve your hip mobility:
- Stretch like a pigeon: This yoga loosens up muscle tension in and around a person's hip. Your right leg must be stretched behind while the upper part of your body bends over a folded left leg in front. Your head rests on your coupled hands. This stretch improves the shape of your hip as well.
- Try to be an eagle for hip firmness: To align your body in the perfect eagle pose; you probably need to be a conjurer; that is the kind of flexibility the posture requires. Be a half-chair making your hands intersect above your head while your left leg crosses the right one. The pressure is on your hip making it strong. Your body has to be in one single line.
- Sit in the chair pose: Crouching on your haunches with your torso inclined to the front is a good way to better hip mobility. This exercise also relieves you of back pain. It adds potency to the muscles of your upper thighs thus giving a well- rounded hip extra support.
- Stoop in the downward doggy pose: The downward doggy pose helps you concentrate on the fullness of your hips. The back muscles are stretched and the problem of a small, rickety hip is dealt with through this yoga. Your legs should be erect at the knees and should be stretched apart depending upon the width of your hip. The rest of your body should bend in a forward arch while your spread hands touch the ground.
- Try out the benefits of World's Greatest Stretch: World's greatest stretch involves a series of stretches that not only accentuates your hipline making your hip muscles adaptable to stress but also tones muscles in other parts of your body. It is a three- fold exercise. The second step is the most difficult where your body is balanced on a half folded right leg and you're required to touch the ground with your right elbow.
Hello doctor I am 19 year old boy I do gym I pick heavy weight lift of 100kg now my back have pain what can I do for this problem?
I think I have psychological problem that I think I am mentally ill. I always think ' I am trying to be normal but I am not normal" I tried to find what is the abnormally with my mind but I couldn't find anything major. I always think that I can't learn chapters but in real I observed that I can learn anything and I can talk very logically but when I am studying or doing anything I only think that I can't study . I have seen many symptoms of psychological ill person but I can't match any common problem with me. I always observe myself that I am normal or not and that thinking suddenly divert my mind even from very stimulating things and because of that thinking I can't concentrate on anything . That's all . But One thing I have to tell that we have shifted to new place and I missed the social circle and I am also so much back in studies . But I expect myself to be good in studies but my these feelings that I am not normal doesn't allow me to feel anything good or bad . I try to forget it but I have remember it when I think 'I have to forget it' I only think that I can't feel things but I'm not real to myself. How to forget the doubts on me . Should I try to concentrate on anything else . I am jealous from everyone else because they don't know the feeling to doubt on themselves . Please help me . How I divert my mind from I don't on which things I should concentrate . And I have dummy school from class 11 and I am in 12 now I have no social interaction but because of some home problems I couldn't study but now I started studying but everyone is so much ahead (I am preparing for IIT and go to coaching) . I am always tensed how to forget that doubt session on myself .
Hi I am 25 years I have knee pain that too very lite past some I had met with an accident, were I had got nee.
I am suffering for severe lumbar spondylitis. What should I do. I am unable to sleep the whole night. Shooting pain in my left leg, from hip to toe.
I am suffering one acute pain which is moving lower hip joints. Sometime at left side & sometimes at right side. Sometimes it moves upwards also. When gas release, pain is comparatively less. Consulting with some doctors, have tried some medicine considering it as gas problem but unable to find any permanent solution. Pls help.
Is a type of muscle stiffness that occurs typically after a sports or fitness workout. It sets in 6 to 24hrs following the workout and can peak 24: 48 hrs post exercise. Symptoms vary between individuals depending on the intensity of the workout. The discomfort gradually eases within 72 hrs post workout, so can continue working out in light exercise even with DOMS.