Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prabodh Kumar Mandal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Prabodh Kumar MandalYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old and having problem that at night I falls while sleeping (nightfall) frequently. And also my hairs got white. I took Ayurveda medicine but didn't get any relief.
I was on a homeopathic medication for acne, he used to give me medicine to reduce my androgen levels, now I am facing various sexual issues, despite of being doing yoga and gymming, I am unable to retain my sexual powers, infact my muscle growth has also slowed down even after gymming sessions, I have difficulties in having erections and maintaining erection, premature ejaculation is also a problem that I am facing.
What is the symptom of malaria and what all measures should we taken to get rid off from this disease.
My brother is 23 year old. He visited to rajisthan since 3 months he has suffer in chest pain and he has vomit with blood in morning to afternoon at 1 pm daily. Please suggest any advice and treatment please he cant do treatment because
From last 4-5 months when I shifted to kota for my net preparation in Allen career Institute. I keep suffering from fever and body ache all the time. Today also I have a severe body pain in my whole body and joints. I can't even walk properly. I consulted to many doctors. But of no use. I am very disturbed. I can't focus on my studies. And I am a need aspirant. Please help! Please doctor.
In 6 years I masturbated around 350 times, will it cause any problem in future. Now I quit masturbation.
I have a stomach at least last four days. I take medicine but I am not getting any result. And now my ribs are also paining.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.