Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Prabir BasuYour feedback matters!
I am 32 years M. Had lower back and left abdomen pain .with doubt of stone done usg and found left kidney swelling but no stone traced. Dr. told that due to small size stone may be moved out of kidney or bladder. Swelling is due to it. Still after 4 days when painkiller effect goes mild pain come. Is it normal. Today done KFT test . All parameter including creatinine, uric acid are normal. Only electrolytes are slightly high or low. Should continue painkiller or any other test.
Dr. I'm 29 year old married women. Dr. mujhe aksar neck ke ander infection ho jata hai aur urine infection bhi aksar ho jata hai mai kya karu bar bar hone se mai pareshan ho jati hoon. please advice me.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer,, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I am a 74 year man with diabetes since 25 years and it is under control by medicines and insulin injections. If I make long travels by car, I want to urgently use toilets on the way for passing stools. If I could not see a toilet I usually passes in my underwear and pants while in the car itself. It has become a regular habit now resulting in difficult situations. Kindly advise whether it is due to irritable bowel syndrome and what is the remedial measure I can follow before or in a journey. When the urge comes I cannot control it.
I am urinating more than usual. I have visited to doctor. And I have also done urine test bt it was normal.
Infection caused in the kidneys, ureters, bladder, urethra or prostate gland is known as urinary tract infection(UTI). According to doctors, sexually active women are generally more at risk of suffering from this condition. Females other than sexually active age group and men are otherwise immune for urinary tract infections. If they got UTI, they should be thoroughly investigated for its cause by a urologist.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Females have short urethra: Due to the short length of the urethra, a lot of bacteria got entry into the urinary bladder from the vagina, during sexual intercourse. Therefore, it is wise for females to urinate after intercourse so that bacteria flush out in urine. If not, these bacteria will lead to UTI.
- Prostatitis is very common in young males: Infection of the prostate gland is very common in young males. Semen is naturally produced. If a young male does not ejaculate regularly, this stocked up semen leads to prostatitis. That’s why regular ejaculation is very important for males. Therefore, Masturbation is healthy, not harmful.
- Urination after ejaculation in males is harmful: If male urinates immediately after ejaculation, then some urine refluxes into the open mouth of prostate glands. Urinary chemicals cause prostatitis. Therefore, males should not void immediately after ejaculation.
- Phimosis: In male children, if prepuce does not open properly, it may cause infection.
- Unprotected sexual intercourse: Unprotected intercourse may transmit infections to the other partner if one partner has got the infection.
Other common reasons
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Kidney, ureteric and bladder stones
- Prostate Enlargements
- Urethral stricture
- Congenital disorders in children
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain a perceptible amount of blood in them.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.
- Fever with chills: Severe infection may lead to fever with chills and rigors.
- Frequent urge for urination: Frequent urination may be a sign of infection.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!