Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Piyush Sathua
Submit a review for Dr. Piyush SathuaYour feedback matters!
My age 62 male I have acidity problem pl. Suggest ayurved medicine. As will I have less hair problem. My question only ayurved and homeopathic doctor.
I'm working out for 2 years, now I'm looking forward to take whey protein powders as supplements, please suggest me a complete diet chart and the supplement which is to be taken, how much in quantity, for how long, which variant etc, I'll grateful to hear from you, thank you.
I have been diagnosed with moderate conductive hearing loss. The doctor has advised that I need a procedure - to be exact, stapedectomy. My hearing loss started after my pregnancy and I understand that it may be due to my genetics as well. My question is, how safe is this procedure and will my normal life change afterwards? I am a health freak and I love gymming, aerobics and constantly move around. Will my life change?
My mother feel Vibrating sounds in her Ears. And she can't listen properly. Is there any medicine or we have to buy a machine for listening properly.
My right ear has 106 desibles loss. I knew when I was 10 years old, still I have the problem. Is there any chance of getting my hearing power back. I had sinusitis and got treatment for it.
hello Dr. Good evening. Sir My father having low hearing problem, he is 76 years old, so we planning to treat him and want to fit hearing aid if preferable by you. I wanted to know how is the treatment for the same? And approximately how much will be cost for the same?
Dr. my father is 83 years old and his hearing is 60% loss that to listen. Pls advice me whether I can purchase hearing aid machine. Is that suitable. Regards.
I am 19 year old I am suffering from hearing loss problem I need home based solution of it what should I do.
The ear has three parts – outer, middle, and inner – through which sounds waves pass through. On reaching the inner ear, the sound waves are transmitted through a fluid medium which is carried through to the brain to produce “sound.” Hearing loss can be due to problems anywhere in this circuit – from the outer ear to nerve issues in the middle ear.
There are two main types of hearing loss
Conductive hearing loss, where problems in the outer or middle ear cause problem conducting sound waves into the inner ear
Sensorineural hearing loss, where there is a problem in the nervous portion of the hearing process
Conductive hearing loss occurs due to poor conduction of sound waves to the middle ear, where it is processed to perceive the sound. Conductive hearing loss can happen due to the following reasons:
- Wax: Excessive wax accumulated in the outer ear can prevent passage of sound into the middle ear
- Infection: The outer or middle ear could be infected, affecting passage of sound waves
- Tear in the eardrum: The eardrum is a membrane through which sound waves pass. A tear due to trauma or injury can hamper this process, leading to hearing loss.
- Impact: When there is a bang on the head, there could be temporary hearing loss due to disruption of the hearing system
- Hereditary: A lot of times, hearing loss is hereditary and an exact cause may not be traceable
- Ear tumor: Middle ear tumors can also cause conductive hearing loss
- Abnormal growth: Abnormal bone growth in the middle ear can cause blockage, leading to hearing loss
- Post-surgical: The ear is a highly complex structure, and while surgical corrections are being done to treat a condition, it is very likely that other parts can be damaged
In most of the conditions mentioned above, there are some sound waves which pass through, so conductive hearing loss is often partial, wherein the person can hear but it is faint. Very rarely, it is complete where the person goes completely deaf.
This would depend on the cause of the hearing loss.
- Clearing up the wax can lead to improved hearing
- A tear in the eardrum or fluid buildup would need surgical repair to restore hearing
- Infections might require treatment with antibiotics and pain killers
- Tumors or bone growths would also require surgical correction for restoring hearing
- For outer ear blocks, audiometry is done only after the blocks are cleared
- If post correction, the hearing is not completely restored, hearing aids can be used, which often results in complete restoration. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.