Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pilushkanti Das
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pilushkanti DasYour feedback matters!
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift!
I have a sex problem daily I got leak in night become of this I losing my weight suggest me what I have to do so that I can gain my weight.
Sir please tell me about my sperm analysis my count is 38 million motility is 10 present please advice me what a normal sperm value and please suggest any medicine.
I am losing my hairs quickly and I have tried all shampoo nothing would be effect continue my hairs losing please help me.
Know the difference between real hunger and a craving:
When you want to solve a problem you attack its roots. As mentioned earlier, hunger is your physical need, while craving is your emotional need and will die off in 10 – 15 minutes, you should never suppress hunger. But its best to suppress your craving if you are watching your weight. It is just a matter of 10 – 15 mins, then the cravings will wash off automatically.
Know the triggers: cravings are usually triggered responses. You need to know what makes you crave for a certain thing. Knowing the triggers and avoiding them can help you achieve the health goal. Ex – if you crave for sweets post lunch / dinner meals, chew on some fennel seeds / roasted sounf or chew on a sugar free gum immediately after the meals. Strong flavors of these foods will divert your mind and you will not crave.
Distract yourself: cravings are all in the mind, and hence the key to controlling them also depends on how well you distract your mind. We know that cravings don’t last long, hence when you crave for something, engage yourself in some work or call a friend or go for a walk. Don’t get into watching television. A lot of people tend to crave for food all the more while watching television.
Brush your teeth – I suggest this to a lot of my clients. And they benefit from it. If you crave for something while you are at home, it is best to brush your teeth with a minty paste. The strong taste of the paste will help you overcome all your cravings.
Don’t starve yourself: hunger can also trigger cravings. So if you are wondering about how to stop food cravings, the key is in your hand. All you need to do is eat! studies have confirmed that people who eat small frequent meals crave less for sugary foods than those who are stuck with 3 meal pattern.
Don’t skip breakfast: it is advisable that you do not skip breakfast. Consuming high fibre food with lots of liquid for breakfast will assure an energetic day ahead with no food cravings.
Get enough sleep: in a university of chicago study, researchers found that people who slept only four hours a night for two nights had an 18 percent decrease in leptin, a hormone that tells the brain there is no need for more food, and a 28 percent increase in ghrelin, a hormone that triggers hunger. This causes an increase in appetite and a preference for calorie-dense, high carbohydrate foods like potato chips, cookies, etc. So make sure you sleep well for a minimum of 6 hours at a single strech to have a healthy functioning mind and tongue.
Eat healthy food if you have craving: if you still are struggling with craving, try to go for healthy food rather than junk food. You can grab a carrot instead of french fries, eat an apple instead of a burger and have popcorn instead of potato chips.