Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Payel Banerjee
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Payel BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
Hi I am suffering anxiety panic attacks from the last 2 yrs. My weight is also increasing .i am on ashwagandha rt now.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.