Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Payel BanerjeeYour feedback matters!
I am feeling alway stress in body. I am student and I take 6 hours sleeping. what's my solution? Please help me.
I have wound in left parotid gland for about 26 days. What to do? Discharge continuously comes out. How to cu e it? I am unable to concentrate on my study. What to do?
I am a 21 year old girl and I am in a relationship with my boyfriend for the last 3 and half years and we have seen our fare share of ups and downs but recently due to some problems created by my mom's side things are a bit un easy right now and today my boyfriend's father told my mother that me and my boyfriend will get a registry and so that legally we both can say we are married, but my mom and dad said that since both me and my boyfriend are young (he is 22 years old) and he is a student currently so he is not established yet and neither am I. So my parents are saying that they will not be there with me if I get a registry now and will further never help with anything. I know they are doing it for my own good and I haven't talked to my boyfriend about this, I am afraid he will get depressed and leave his studies and look for a job that will hamper him even more. His father insisted that we get registry done after selecting an appropriate date. And I am now in the middle. Please help. What should I do?
I love a one girl truly. During college time we used to have conversion one day I had proposed to her but said I will let you know after 3 month she got married. Prior to one month she blocked me from social networking. And stop talking with me. I don't know why she did this. After 2 years of her marriage still I can't forget to her. I tried every possible way. Can you please tell me what should I do?
Hi I am 35 years old woman having stress because of my boyfriend always worried of my past relationships with other guys. Please advice
Dear Sir, I am male aged 44 years height 175 cm weight 78 kg vegetarian working in the Central Government office in New Delhi. Since childhood I have been suffering from Anxiety Disorder specifically Social Anxiety. I have been taking treatment since 1998. But no respite. Now also I am taking rivotril 2 mg once (depending on I take more). I went from pillar to post all therapies I have taken like CBT, Hypnotherapy, Talking therapy, RTMS etc. My symptoms are: Always when I talk to others I can't express my facial feelings freely. My face become freeze and pain the jaw and unable to laugh freely. I am completely worried about this problem. Because I am working in Government with high officers every time guests come. Kindly help me how to overcome this problem.
Sir My running age is 43 and I am currently facing issue of concentration and also forget the things. Difficulty in memorizing.Please suggest
He lost his dog last week since then he's feeling depressed and feeling lonely. His girlfriend did all she can to help but he is missing his dog. What can I do to help him?
I am 23 years old & not that fast in remembering things which parents and friends told to me. What should I do to remember such things.?
Anxiety is a common issue with growing teenagers. It is not the typical anxiety before exams or academic projects. It is more than that. Anxiety may be the result of the hormonal changes, which predominantly affect the adolescent years of growth. While your body copes with different changes, your mind tangles between the future liberty and present restrictions. Knowing certain facts about this anxiety trail can help you to cope with it.
1. Anxiety is not always a disease: Anxiety is not always a disease. It is a normal phenomenon among adolescent teenagers. However, in certain cases it may be severe for some teenagers. They may feel crippled with anxiety. Under such cases, one would require psychiatric help.
2. Talk to someone: A great way to relieve yourself from stress due to anxiety is to speak with someone. It can be a friend or someone close to share your thoughts. If you know the reason of your anxiety, share it, discuss it. You will definitely feel better.
3. Take a break: Entertainment and break from academic work and schedule is necessary for teenagers to lower anxiety traits. However, if the anxiety is due to peers, you may even take a break from them and engage in family.
4. Cry out loud: It is not a silly thing to cry when you are stressed under anxiety. Crying is an emotional outburst which essentially relieves the stress due to anxiety and lets you control the emotional disturbed state of mind.
5. Good sleep: Sleep is necessary for both mental and physical rest. You need to overcome from the fatigue of routine works, stressful events, peer factor, etc. Catching the essential 8 hour sleep is a great way to overcome anxiety issues.
6. Don’t be conscious: Anxiety is a common factor among all your peers. You are not the only one coping with anxiety stress. So, take it light. Relax and don’t be conscious about your anxiety problems. Consider them to be temporary.
7. Be confident: Losing confidence under the stress due to anxiety can be even more disastrous. The effects will never be better. So be confident about whatever you do, whether right or wrong. Every person learns from his own activities. Whether right or wrong, everything will give you a lesson. So you will never be a loser, you will win a lesson.
8. Don’t feel stupid: Being stressed with anxiety is not abnormal or stupid. Everything is okay with you, and you are not the stupid fellow out there.
9. You are not weak: Anxiety is not a sign of weakness. You can rather make it your strength. Fight it back and keep your energy and enthusiasm high.
10. Anxiety is temporary: As you move ahead of the adolescent period, anxiety will faint. You will be more confident and matured, able to tackle anxiety. So consider it to be an affair of a few years. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Hai am Sanjeev. Am suffering from stammering problem since my childhood. My age 26. Is there any treatment to solve permanently. Pls help me. Send valuable suggestions. than you.
Hello, I am a patient of generalised Anxiety Disorder since 2013 till noe. I am under medication under a psychiatrist but my level of depression is worsening day by day. I am prescribed SSRI drugs which I taking since that time. But noe I am facing health issues such a depression, headache, increase in bodyweight and fats, lack of concentration in studies and the worst part becoming very lazy most of the time I often sleep till evening. Is there any way to cure my these problem. These is really hampering my health and professional life. Please suggest me help.
Hello sir. Some time In my mind very idea generated but still I have no focus on any one particular thinking so please guide me for this bed habit.
I become angry quickly. I am short tempered. I don't know why I feel bored all the time. I feel that God should destroy this world as adharma is spreading. I am a fan of a celeb and I don't know I really love him or not. This thought disturbs me very much. Whenever I wake up in morning, I can see his face when my eyes are closed. I pray to god that may he be happy. Why this happens to me? I really feel very disturbed due to this feeling. What should I do? Please help me.
For last about 5 years I am suffering from Anxiety attacks, Phobia & stress. I am 50 year men. Daily I am consuming Nexito Forte & triptomer 10 mg. This has caused considerable weight gain & loneliness In the life. I want to leave those medicines gradually . Looking for advice for the same.
While most of us consume alcohol on a social basis, or during certain special and momentous events of our life, there are some people who may be classified as heavy drinkers. There is a certain alcohol limit as per the sex, age and climate that a person can have on a daily basis. When a person overshoots that limit on a daily basis and that too by a large margin, he or she may be known as a heavy drinker.
If you fall in this heavy drinking category, then you may want to go through the following tips in order to bring down and curb your habit so that you can drink in moderation, without causing undue problems for your mental and physical health.
- Use bitters: Using bitters, especially digestive bitters, with your drinks can help in bringing down the amount of alcohol that you consume in one go. This can also help your body in digesting the alcohol in a better manner so that you do not wake up with a hangover. Also, the use of digestive bitters can help in detoxification of the liver and prevent it from getting coated with toxins released by alcohol.
- Water: It is a well-known fact that one must stay hydrated while drinking so that he/she does not get carried away and drink too much. You can easily have a glass of water between each drink so that you keep the buzz at a stable level rather than letting it get to your head, to a point where you start to ask for even more alcohol. Moreover, before a big party or event, it is best to first have plenty of water so that you do not end up going overboard.
- Cleansing juices: The latest diet and fitness fad includes a dose of juices churned from various kinds of fruit and vegetables. You can also try this cleansing juice menu every time you feel like reaching out for a drink. This will help you in keeping things in perspective and then drinking moderately, if and when the need arises.
- Set a drink deadline: If you want to cut back on your drinks significantly, then one of the best things to do is to set yourself a drink deadline. As per this deadline, you will set a number where you will stop. For instance, once you have reached 2 to 3 drinks, you will automatically stop so that you do not binge.
- Find a support group: It is best to find a support group of friends or even an alcoholic anonymous group so that you can share your experiences and find motivation at the same time. This is especially important for those going through withdrawal symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.