Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pawan AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hey, I had sex with my boyfriend on 4th day of my period and he wasn't sure if he had ejaculated inside me. So for not taking any chance I took ipill contraceptive on thr same day, and mine is a 28days cycle and I still didn't get my periods! Its been 32 days for now, and a week or two before my 28days I had spotting per online forums. And I still didn't get my periods is that an pill side affect or am I pregnant? Plz revert soon I'm worried.
Mild jogging 1hour to 2.5 hours/week intotal duration is benificial to health.The frequency of jogging should be thrice/week minimum.Intense jogging can be harmful to health.
Hi I'm 36 years I have pcod problem & hypothyroidism so I tk medication for thyroid. But I don't take any medicine for pcod, as we r going to take ivf treatment soon I'm worried that due to pcod problem is there any chances of abortion when I get pregnant as my 1st ivf treatment was unsuccessful.
I HAVE SEX WTH MY HUBBY ON 8 june on the first day of my periods and my period last 6 days n after that I did not have my periods till now? Please tell me is m pregnant or nt? Why I missed my periods?
I have irregular periods problem, is that due to thyroid, I am using thyroid medicine from two months, now also it is irregular.
We might be surprised to know that unknowingly we are consuming 5 white poisons in our daily meal. Forget getting nutrients from these items, we end up troubling our health by consuming these food items which are not at all good for our health and increase risk of developing diseases like cancer, hypertension, bone health issues and diabetes.
Pasteurized cow milk: the process of pasteurization keeps the milk good for a longer period, but harms its nutritive value. It removes enzymes, vitamin a, b 12 and c from the milk. The process also transfers hormones and antibiotics into the milk. Pasteurization destroys beneficial bacteria found in raw cow milk. It kills the natural enzymes and destroys all its phosphatase, which is essential for calcium absorption. Calcium works with vitamin d, which is vital to the growth and health of children as well as improving immune system. Considering all these facts, we should avoid consuming pasteurized cow milk.
White or refined rice: the process of refining rice leads to the removal of the outer layer and germ from it. The rice is left with endosperm, only. This layer contains starch in a huge quantity, which can increase your blood sugar or glucose levels to a great extent.
Refined sugar: sugar contains a lot of calories, with no essential nutrients & because of that it is considered as part of ‘empty’ calories. It can have harmful effects on metabolism and contribute to all sorts of diseases like cancer, type 2 diabetes, overweight/obesity, liver diseases. Before sugar enters the bloodstream from the digestive tract, it is broken down into two simple sugars: glucose and fructose. For people who are inactive, large amounts of fructose from added sugars get turned into fat in the liver. Because of the harmful effects of sugar on the function of insulin, it leads to type ii diabetes. Recommended intake: worldwide, it is recommended that men can have 9 teaspoons of sugar per day and women can have 6 teaspoons of sugar per day. However, considering the tendency of Indians towards sugar intolerance and diabetes, it is recommended not to go beyond 5 teaspoons of added sugar per day which includes sugar available in cookies, fruit juices etc.
Refined salt: salt makes your body hold on to water. If you eat too much salt, the extra water stored in your body increases your blood pressure. More salt you eat, the higher your blood pressure will be. In India 1 in 3 adult are affected by high bp and majority of them are not aware of it. Therefore, it is recommended to follow low-salt diet. Normal table salt contains iodine, which is needed for a healthy body. But refining of salt removes iodine from the salt. Fluorides are added during the process of refining which is bad when consumed in excess. Recommended intake: aim to consume less than 1500 mg of sodium per day and definitely it should not go beyond 2300 mg per day. 1500 mg sodium is equivalent to 0.75 teaspoon of salt per day.
White flour (maida): known as ‘white poison’, white flour is becoming necessity for all of us but it impacts our health drastically. Use of maida & its products usage is increasing rapidly in our day-to-day life. Sometimes, we are consuming it in form of bread at our home and sometimes, in the market/food joints in form of fast foods. During processing of maida from wheat, endosperm of the wheat is removed from the germ (wheat germ) and the bran (wheat bran), which is very crucial for digestion. As all necessary nutrients are lost during processing of maida, foods made from it utilize nutrients from the body for absorption. As a result, our body gets depleted of vitamins and minerals. Click here to read more about white flour.
In case of any nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778).
It is necessary that you detoxify your body after regular intervals because with detoxification, you not just remove the dangerous toxins from your body but also increase the vitality of your body.
In Ayurveda, all natural ingredients are used for detoxification. Ayurveda works wonders in cleansing the blood by removing impurities and toxins, accumulated in various organs of the body such as the liver, intestines, kidneys, lymphatic system, lungs and skin. It is equally effective in case of both healthy and unhealthy individuals. While the unhealthy person gets rid of the chronic diseases, the healthy person becomes fit enough to prevent diseases and stay physically and mentally fit.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is Ayurveda's primary purification and detoxification treatment. Panchakarma means "five therapies". These 5 therapeutic treatments eliminate toxins from the body, they are: Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana. The series of these five therapies help remove deep rooted stress and illness-causing toxins from the body while balancing the doshas (energies that govern all biological functions).
- Nasya: Nasya or nasal administration is a procedure of cleaning the accumulated Kapha from the head and neck region. At first, the face, head and chest is massaged thoroughly using certain herbal oil which promotes perspiration. The excess mucus accumulated in the throat, sinus and head is drained out through the nearest opening- the nose. This treatment helps in treating sinusitis, headaches, migraine, Rhinitis, facial palsy, paralysis, insomnia, frozen shoulder and neurological dysfunctions. It is also effective in improving eyesight and memory.
- Abhyanga: It is a combination of long strokes and synchronized soothing that helps in re-storing balance, harmony and composure in the body. Your body is massaged with oil in seven different positions and the type of oil is chosen based on the body equilibrium. It stimulates healing at a micro-cellular level as the oils get absorbed in the intra-follicular and intra-dermal layers of the skin. It helps you to steer clear of tiredness and enhances immunity and sleep. It cures psychological imbalances and fosters flexibility in the joints and muscles, thus rendering softness to the skin glands.
- Shirodhara: In this therapy, warm medicated oil is continuously poured on your forehead for about 30 to 45 minutes followed by a 15 to 20 minutes Abhyanga massage. Depending on your body type, milk, oil, buttermilk or herbal decoctions are used to boost up the therapeutic effect of the treatment. It provides deep relaxation to your central nervous system and rejuvenates it. Shirodhara oil regulates the functioning of your hormonal system too, eliminating ailments such as high blood pressure, migraine, anxiety and headaches. Medicated buttermilk massage treatment helps treat diabetes while medicated milk serves as a good remedy to insomnia as well.
- Kati Vasti: This is a form of sudation therapy (procedure to induce sweat without the use of heat) that helps to ease lower back pain caused due to inter-vertebral inflammation. Vasti is two types Niruha vast that is vasti with medicated decotion and other is Anuvasana vasti that is vasti with medicated oil. Like other therapy vasti has also pretherapeutic and post therapeutic technique. Pretherapeutic includes snehana lubrication internally and externally and also swedana sweat therapy.these poorvakarma help in loosening and liquefying the toxins accumulated in cells and get collected in colon. After the application of herbal medicines this toxins collected in colon is eliminated out.
- Basti (Enema or Colonic Irrigation): The term 'Basti' stands for a pouch or bag. The procedure involves introducing ayurvedic liquid and herbal concoctions made of oils and milk through the perineum or anus or the vaginal opening in women in order to cleanse and heal the lower part of the body and remove the toxins accumulated in this part through the colon and urinary tract. Basti is considered as the mother of all Panchakarma treatments. It cleanses the accumulated toxins from all the 3 doshas : Vata, Pitta and Kapha, through the colon. Basti is also highly beneficial as a rejuvenating treatment. Medicated oil or ghee and an herbal decoction is given as enema to clean the colon and increase the muscle tone. This treatment is provided for several days, based on the medical condition of a person. It provides treatment for: For Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, Colitis, Convalescence, Cervical Spondylosis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Digestive disorders, Backache & Sciatica, Hepatomegaly & Splenomegaly, Obesity, Piles, Sexual Debility & Infertility.
It is always better to practice these under the advice of an expert ayurveda practitioner.
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Me n my husband are trying since almost 2 years now I had hsg done in Feb. N d report showed I have a delayed spillage. My gynaec has since then suggested me to go for laparoscopy. Earlier have done one iui which failed was just for mental satisfaction though he told me to go for laparoscopy. After that he will go for 2 to 3 iuis. I want to know how much is the success of getting pregnant laparoscopy after iui.
Hi sir/madam, am 23 years old girl, I am working as account executive, I have medium curly hair. I have lots of hair fall and tanning on my hands. I consulted good doctor like batra for 2 years bt their is no results please help me for this. That's is why am not getting marriage. Please help me please.
Hello doctor My wife is pregnant and entered into second trimester and detected twins in sonography. So doctor recommended cervical stitch which we did yesterday. But doctor prescribed erythromycin 500 mg tablets 4 times a day. I am scared with this dise. Erythromycin 2000 mg a day in pregnancy is it safe.
How many hours a pregnant women sleep and a mother after few months of delivery. After delivery there is no continuous sleep for women how we overcome it.
We have often heard that prevention is better than cure. After all, who would want to spend time being sick, if it can be avoided and no day ever needs to be a wash out. Well, it can be said that as long as a person is willing to put in a little effort, there can be dividends in the form of not having to pay multiple visits to the doctor. Let’s find out how exactly to go about practising preventive health care.
- Quit smoking: As it says on the packets of cigarettes, it has been proven beyond any shadow of doubt that smoking is injurious to health. As a matter of fact, the habit of smoking can not only lead to cancer as it is most commonly associated with, but also result in other ill conditions and diseases. Quitting smoking is indeed the most important tenet of preventive health.
- Sleep well: Many people think that the practice of sleeping enough for adequate health is overrated, but it is just so very important. A number of people are putting their health in jeopardy in the long run by not making the right choice of prioritising sleep over other activities. There are various risks a person exposes himself or herself to by not getting enough sleep. Inadequate sleep does not provide the body with the amount of rest that is needed for it to repair, heal and start afresh.
- Cut down on alcohol: Alcohol is something that is enjoyable as long as the limits regarding the consumption of it are maintained. A general rule is that no man should be having more than two drinks a day and a woman should not go beyond a drink. When these limits are not paid heed to, the risk of some life threatening diseases such as cancers as well as liver cirrhosis spikes.
- Follow proper diet and exercise: While it is true that degeneration of the joints of a person over the course of time is an inevitability, there is a lot that can be done by a person who wants to avoid the prospect of having his or her quality of life compromised by arthritis. Following a strict diet, avoiding fast food and drinking plenty of water helps in keeping yourself healthy. Similarly regular workout and exercising prevents a person from being overweight, which makes a substantial difference in fighting arthritis!
I am 23. I have irregular period since starting. I visited so many doctors and did its treatment too. But still no result. I did so many tests too. Its not hereditary. And it skips 1 or 2 months always. But when I was under medication, it was regular. What should I do.
Hai my wife is 35 years old. She got laparoscopic surgery on 19 Jan 17. After that surgery she had regular date on 07 Feb 17. On 08 Feb 17 doctor gives Novelon tablet sheet for 21 days. But she used only for 02 days. After that her period occurred on again on 18 Feb 17. After that period till she didn't get any periodical date. Is she chances for pregnancy.
When it comes to giving birth, vaginal delivery is considered to be the most natural process. However, several women nowadays opt for C-section or Cesarean section to avoid the labour pain that accompanies natural birth. If you are pregnant and weighing the pros and cons of natural and C-section delivery, here are a few things to consider.
The Pros of this method of delivery are as follows:
- From the psychological perspective, women who undertake a vaginal delivery have a positive birth giving experience. Women undergoing this method think they should be present in the process.
- The recovery time for women opting for vaginal delivery is shorter. The mother and the baby can make skin contact right after the delivery, which enhances the bonding process.
- Babies who are born through vaginal delivery develop much fewer medical complications. There are fewer respiratory problems, allergies and the baby can start breastfeeding soon.
The Cons of vaginal delivery are as follows:
- Vaginal delivery is a stressful process for the women undergoing it and the time required cannot be predicted. Some deliveries take less time, while others may take hours.
- Usually, there are no cons for the babies who are born via vaginal delivery. In very rare cases, brain injury can be experienced.
The pros of this type of delivery method are as follows:
- Many women choose Caesarean sections to avoid long labor hours. Planned C-section surgeries enable the mother to plan the birth. Better control is acquired over the delivery, which can be predicted properly.
- In case your baby is large, or if you are carrying twins, C-section is the best delivery option.
- If the mother has diseases such as HIV or the mother's blood has a high viral load, C-section surgeries should be opted as the risk of the infection being passed on to the baby is decreased.
The cons of Cesarean section surgery are as follows:
- C-section is a major surgery and a long time is required for recovery. There may be risks of infection, but they can be prevented by caring for the surgical wound properly. C-section delays the breastfeeding process and the mother cannot have immediate contact with her baby, which can affect the bonding.
- Some babies, delivered through C-section may have respiratory problems. C-sections may also cause complications, such as problems with anaesthesia.
While both processes have their pros and cons, it is best to discuss with doctor to understand which process will suit you more. Depending on your pregnancy and whether there are any complications involved, your doctor will suggest the best way possible.
Hello doctor I am 25 years now and 7 months over for my marriage now. I have diagnosed with pcos and all my hormonal levels are correct except LH which is about 18.5. How should I decrease the level of LH? Suggest me the right diet for pcos? And tell me the chances of conceiving? Thanks.
Let's be clear about what turmeric can not do:
Turmeric usually does not cause significant side effects -- ( The truth is that some people can experience stomach upset, nausea, dizziness, or diarrhea)
You can use turmeric if you have gallbladder problems -- (The truth is that turmeric can make gallbladder problems worse)
Turmeric is not helpful for diabetes -- (The truth is that early research suggests that taking turmeric daily for 9 months can reduce the number of people with prediabetes who develop diabetes.)
Now that we have cleared up what Turmeric cannot do, let's talk about what it Can do for you.
Turmeric has been used for roughly 4000 years as a medicine for a wide variety of medical conditions. Turmeric was mainly for digestive issues, but can be used to treat everything from indigestion to cancer.
The main active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin, and according to UMMC, 'Curcumin is also a powerful antioxidant. Antioxidants scavenge molecules in the body known as free radicals, which damage cell membranes, tamper with DNA, and even cause cell death.
Antioxidants can fight free radicals and may reduce or even help prevent some of the damage they cause. In addition, curcumin lowers the levels of two enzymes in the body that cause inflammation. It also stops platelets from clumping together to form blood clots.'
Turmeric has been shown to treat:
The research that back up these claim is extensive to say the least. For instance, a publication from The International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell
'Although safe in most cases, ancient treatments are ignored because neither their active component nor their molecular targets are well defined. This is not the case, however, with curcumin, a yellow pigment substance and component of turmeric (Curcuma longa), which was identified more than a century ago. For centuries it has been known that turmeric exhibits anti-inflammatory activity, but extensive research performed within the past two decades has shown that the activity of turmeric is due to curcumin, a diferuloylmethane. This agent has been shown to regulate numerous transcription factors, cytokines, protein kinases, adhesion molecules, redox status and enzymes that have been linked to inflammation. The process of inflammation has been shown to play a major role in most chronic illnesses, including neurodegenerative, cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic, autoimmune and neoplastic diseases.'
The publications concludes:'The wisdom and scientific credentials of curcumin in the Ayurvedic and Chinese systems of medicine have been corroborated by numerous studies conducted over the past 30 years. These observations are also supported by epidemiological data suggesting lower incidence of chronic diseases in people from countries where curcumin is consumed. The various effects of curcumin have been widely studied in Western systems of medicine for decades, and has been found to possess antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Considering that inflammation plays a major role in most chronic illnesses, anti-inflammatory agents are needed for prevention purposes. Although several different steroids and NSAIDS (such as celecoxib, aspirin, ibuprofen, phenylbutazole, etc.) have been approved for treatment of inflammatory conditions, most of them have side effects, especially when consumed over long periods of time. Because curcumin inhibits multiple proinflammatory pathways and is affordable, this phytochemical should be further explored for prevention and treatment of various chronic diseases. Further clinical trials are needed to fully develop the potential of this 'age-old NSAID'.
I don't have egg white cervical mucus. Only watery. At that time there is temperature hike also. But not conceiving. Is that because of absence of egg white cervical mucus? What is the remedy?
A healthy vagina is the basis of stellar sexual health and wellness. By practicing healthy habits and awareness, it's possible to avoid itches, rashes, and infections. Start by wiping right after a bowel movement. Avoid douches, scented soaps, and feminine hygiene products. Eating probiotic food like yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut can keep the vaginal balance intact. Add in some Kegel exercises and yoga asanas to keep your vagina strong and flexible.
Everyday Habits For a Healthy Vagina:
- Wipe Properly And No Douching
- Stop Using Feminine Hygeine Products, Eat Probiotics
- Change Pad Every 6-8 Hours And Practice Safe Sex
- Visit A lady Sexologist When Needed And Practice Yoga
9 Ways To Keep Vaginal Problems In Check
1. Wipe From Back To Front
Wiping after a bowel movement seems like a trivial task. Yet, there is a healthy and safe way to go about it. Start from the front and move backward. In women, the openings of the anus and vagina are fairly close together. If you wipe from back to front, you increase the risk of bringing bacteria from the anus into the vagina. This move can trigger bacterial vaginosis, a vaginal infection characterized by a fishy smell, discharge, and itching. It is also marked by a burning sensation that amplifies when you urinate. So make it a point to start from the back and work toward the front. It may take some getting used to, but it’s the type of habit that will protect your vaginal health.1
2. Avoid Douching
Douching is the act of cleaning the vagina by spraying it with water or other fluids. Many believe that this practice will get rid of bad odor and menstrual residue. It’s much different than a simple rinse around the vagina, though. (The latter doesn’t do any harm, and can be a part of a regular shower or wash.) However, about 1 in 4 American women ages 15 to 44 years douche. Popular products include prepackaged douches containing vinegar, iodine, and baking soda. These douches are made to be inserted into the vagina using a nozzle or tube.
Unfortunately, this can adversely impact the natural balance inside the vagina. From dryness to irritation, douching can cause problems that weren’t there in the first place.3Douching doesn’t just flush out the good bacteria but can also help bad bacteria flourish, leading to conditions like a yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis. A healthy vagina needs certain levels of both bacteria, after all. And if you already have a bacterial infection? Douching can encourage the bacteria to move into the uterus, ovaries, and Fallopian tube. This can also cause an infection that can transform into pelvic inflammatory disease, a serious inflammation of the reproductive organs.4
Needless to say, douching should be avoided for prime vaginal health. The vagina naturally cleanses itself by emitting discharge and mucus. And while it may be tempting to speed it up, the vagina is perfectly capable of handling it on its own.
3. Ditch Feminine Hygiene Products
But do we really need them? Most soaps are basic in nature, while the natural vaginal pH tends to be acidic. When you wash the vagina with these soaps too often, the natural state is thrown for a loop. It gives harmful microbes a chance to grow, causing bacterial vaginosis and fungal infections. Fragrances in soaps, cleansers, and gels can also irritate the vagina. While there’s a ton of debate on this topic, there’s no proof yet that vaginal washes can actually maintain an acidic pH. Yet, many products claim to do so. The vagina can maintain a healthy pH by itself. And if it is unable to do so, symptoms of itching and a foul-smelling discharge will manifest. At that point, a doctor’s intervention is the only thing needed.
4. Eat Probiotics
While a nutritious, balanced diet is important for reproductive health, probiotics have an exceptionally special role. The vaginal canal has a natural level of good bacteria that keep it healthy. Most notably, this includes the Lactobacillus bacteria. Research even speculates that inadequate amounts of Lactobacilli in the vagina can lead to a greater susceptibility to infections, from yeast infections to HIV type 1.8 So if you’re looking to optimize your vaginal health, eat foods that are rich in probiotic bacteria. Need ideas? Yogurt and fermented foods like kimchi, or miso are all tasty options.
5. Maintain Good Menstrual Hygiene
With the invention of high-absorbency pads, it’s easy to forget how important it is to change them regularly. Otherwise, bacterial overgrowth, rashes, and general discomfort may occur. To prevent these from conditions from developing, experts recommend changing pads every six to eight hours.9
Tampons aren’t much different. Leaving them in for longer than eight hours has been known to increase the chances of a potentially fatal condition called toxic shock syndrome. Your best bet is to change them at least four to five times a day.10 The Women’s Voices for the Earth report also points out that the dioxins, pesticidal residues, and fragrance chemicals in tampons and sanitary pads may pose a risk to reproductive and endocrine health, aside from causing allergies and infections.11Looking for an alternative? Consider a reusable menstrual cup instead of these conventional products.
6. Practice Safe Sex
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with protecting your sexual health when you’re with a new partner (or multiple partners). Use physical barriers such as condoms and diaphragms to protect yourself from contracting a sexually transmitted disease.13
Another safe sex practice is urination after sexual intercourse. This simple habit can help get rid of bacteria in the urethra and bladder. You can also wash around the vagina after sex to prevent unwanted bacteria and foreign bodies from entering the vaginal canal after sex. But remember, these actions won’t prevent sexually transmitted infection. A physical barrier is still your best option.
7. Visit A Lady Sexologist For Preventive Care
Whether you have a mild itch or a suspicion of something serious, a doctor is a good person to turn to. If you have a persistent itch for more than a week or if it turns into inflammation with a smelly discharge, see a doctor immediately. And if there’s a new vaginal hygiene practice that catches your attention, a doctor is the best person to assess if it is right for you.
8. Perform Kegel Exercises
The vaginal canal is made up of muscles just like the arms and legs. Pelvic floor exercises that involve contracting and relaxing muscles in the hip region can be very helpful in keeping the vagina strong and flexible. This is especially ideal post-pregnancy when the vagina loses some of its elasticity. By doing these exercises often, it can be restored to its previous physical state.
9. Give Yoga A Shot
Performing yoga regularly can also help your vaginal muscles. The ashwini mudra (horse pose) can increase blood flow to the pelvic region, tone the vaginal muscles, and keep the vaginal tissue healthy.17Specifically, this move entails contracting and releasing muscles in the pelvic region.