Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
What is the symptoms of a woman get pregnant in starting stage, how we know or she know. Pls explain.
Nicotine is the chemical that makes cigarettes and smoking so hard to quit, nicotine is one of the most addictive chemicals known to man and it has been smoked all over the world for centuries. Nicotine is a stimulant that can block nerve and muscle cells from proper functioning. The tobacco plant produces nicotine that can raise heartbeat, blood pressure and can even increase your risk of a stroke.
Even with all of the smoking bans, health warnings and science to prove how harmful nicotine can be, people still choose to smoke. One can also chew tobacco, which is less harmful but still contains nicotine. If you smoke it is possible to flush nicotine out of your system by eating certain foods such as -
- Wheat germ
Can my wife take my penis in her mouth for FELLATIO. Amd also I do DEEP oral sex with her vagina. WITHOUT ANY PROTECTION TAKING. Can any harm to our body.
I have pcos for 3 months I used myonext but still I face delay in periods and spotting during periods. I observed unwanted little hair above my upper lip I am very scared and depressed now what I have to do.
I took daxid 50 mg tablet as anti depression two months ago and also having thyroid tsh is1.71 t4 is 11.5 and d3 is 75 b12 is 175 so I can conceive now or no advice me.
The researchers from brazil were the first to study the nutritional composition and it's antioxidant capacity as is produced in south west tropics of brazil and being used in jams drinks and also sold fresh.
Gooseberries contain high level of phytochemicals to prevent oxidative stress that can cause cancer and heart disease
Dr. I have a period problem .i had intercourse with my husband on 29 and 31 oct without security n I am worried whether I am pregnant. I am a newly married girl n not at all prepared for baby. I have taken unwanted 72 on 4th novembers noon. And my last month periods date was 8th n today is 11 .i m really worried that why I am not getting in periods. So far I had done 3 test from preganews and all were negative. please help me out. I really need your advice.
Factors increasing absorption of calcium:
1 vitamin d: vitamin d works in the digestive tract to absorb calcium into the blood stream from the walls of the duodenum. Vitamin d also helps maintain normal blood calcium level.
2. Parathyroid hormone: it increases calcium transport across the membrane of intestinal cells.
3. Acid environment: hydrochloric acid secreted in the stomach during the process of digestion is required for the absorption of calcium in the duodenum. Calcium supplements could be taken with magnesium at bedtime or between meals due to the acid environment needed in the stomach to assimilate the calcium. Always consult a physician before beginning a new supplement regimen.
4. Milk lactose: it favors absorption in infants. Lactose is acted upon by intestinal microbial flora to form acid which causes lowering of ph which makes calcium more soluble.
5. Amino acids: supplemental calcium is often chelated, or combined with protein molecules called amino acids, to help the body absorb them during digestion. Lysine and arginine increase calcium absorption.
6. Exercise: exercise along with vitamin d intake helps calcium absorption thereby making bones strong.
Factors decreasing absorption of calcium:
1. Oxalic acid& phytic acid: foods that are high in oxalic acid such as spinach, chard and chocolate, reduce calcium absorption. Oxalic acid binds with the calcium to form a salt crystal, calcium oxalate which cannot be absorbed. Phytic acid, which is found in whole-grain foods and high-fibre foods, effects calcium absorption the same way.
2. Phosphorus: too much phosphorus in the diet causes precipitation of calcium in the form of calcium phosphate.
3. Stress: stress can have a negative effect on hcl production in the stomach and on normal digestive behaviour in the body, and can therefore have a negative effect on calcium absorption.
4. Caffeine, drugs like anticoagulants, cortisone and thyroxine reduce calcium absorption.
V lack of exercise and vitamin d deficiency leads to decrease calcium absorption.
I am 49 years and going through menopause. I got my period on january 30 this year but only slight colour (not even spot) was there and then on june 13 2015, for nearly three days but the flow was minimum. Now I would like to know is there any chances of pregnancy?
I am 33 years old, married in feb 2015, and my last periods was march 31st and still I have not got my periods and I have all the symptoms of pregnancy that is have giddiness, fully tiredness, feeling whole day sleepy, vomiting, very often using restroom all those things and still I have not done any tests due to my mother-in-law not letting me go out and do any thing, she is one money minded person and she doest want this to happen, so she is planning in all the ways to make me not to carry. This morning it started slight bleeding, im worried very much. Can you please tell me is there any problem, and at this stage can me and my partner have relationship and can I have only wheat flour chapatti as im increasing weight everyday as we are using only boiled rice at home. Please guide me in all these stituations.
Leukorrhea is a very common problem among women. It refers to a thin or thick, whitish or yellowish vaginal discharge that may occur in between menstruation cycles or during pregnancy and usually lasts from a few days to weeks.
In most cases, it is nothing to be alarmed about and is considered normal as long as it does not cause irritation, discomfort, odor and itching.
Leokorrhea, however, can also be caused by hormonal changes, particularly due to an increase in estrogen.
A vaginal infection or std, too, may cause leukorrhea, especially if the discharge is yellow or green and accompanied by foul odor.
Is it normal to have difference between two consecutive menstrual cycle period about 50 days? if yes then what may be the cause. and how can it be detected. Say me please Immediately.
Watermelon is by far, one of the most powerful, body-healing fruits out there! The amazing health benefits of watermelon cover everything from your brain all the way to the cells in your feet.
The fruit there is incredible, and watermelon tasted about 80% better than the stuff you buy in stores in North America. Plus, they all contained seeds, which means none of them were GMO, hybrid, or tainted in any respect. If you want to eat some tasty fruit with me down there at the Live Love Fruit Rawjuvenation Retreat, you won't be disappointed. Raw foods, unlimited fruit, and vegetables, freshly cracked coconut water, yoga, eco-adventures and so much more!
Muscle and Nerve Support
Rich in potassium, watermelon is a great natural electrolyte and thus helps regulate the action of nerves and muscles in our body. Potassium determines the degree and frequency with which our muscles contract and controls the excitation of nerves in our body.
Improves Eye Health
Watermelon is a wonderful source of beta-carotene (that rich red hue of watermelon = beta carotene) which is converted in the body to vitamin A. It helps produce the pigments in the retina of the eye and protects against age-related macular degeneration as well as prevents night blindness. Vitamin A also maintains healthy skin, teeth, skeletal and soft tissue, and mucus membranes.
I am 23 year old, my period date was 10 may last month I intimate with my husband he doesn't take it any precaution last month I miss my period and I checked its positive. I have pain in lower portion of stomach headache. We both are not ready to take responsibility of baby can you please tell me some unwanted pregnancy medicine .
Before marriage my breast size was 30. But after marriage now it is 36ç. please help me to reduce my breast size.
What is the risk of having sex with multiple uninfected partners. As what I understand, aids happens when you have unprotected sex with an infected person. Please advise.
My birth year is 1984 its 9 year to my marriage and I do not have kids I am trying to concieve I have PCOD I have taken metformin tablets but no positive result came yet please advice me and my husband's reports are normal.
Miscarriage refers to the spontaneous loss of the fetus before one completes the 20th week of pregnancy, taking into account the period from the conception to gestation. It usually happens in the first trimester of the pregnancy; that is within the seventh and the twelfth week of conception. Recurrent miscarriage is when one suffers from multiple miscarriages in a row.
- Abnormally-shaped Uterus: Some miscarriages, particularly late ones, are thought to happen because the uterus (womb) has an abnormal shape.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): Women with this condition have many small cysts in their ovaries.They also tend to have hormonal problems, including high levels of insulin and male hormone in the blood, which can lead to recurrent miscarriage.
- Infection: Some serious infections can cause or increase the risk of single miscarriages. These include toxoplasmosis, rubella, listeria and genital infection. But it is not clear whether infection plays a role in recurrent miscarriage.
- Diabetes and Thyroid Problems: Uncontrolled diabetes and untreated thyroid problems can cause miscarriage. But well-controlled diabetes and treated thyroid problems do not cause recurrent miscarriage.
Your risk of recurrent miscarriage is higher if:
- you and your partner are older; the risk is highest if you are over 35 and your partner over 40;
- you are very overweight. Being very underweight may also increase your risk.
Each new pregnancy loss increases the risk of a further miscarriage. But even after three miscarriages, most couples will have a live baby next time.
Testing After Recurrent Miscarriage:
If you have had three miscarriages in a row, you should be offered tests to try to find the cause. This should happen whether or not you already have one or more children. Testing is not usually offered after one or two early miscarriages (up to 14 weeks) because these are often due to chance. But you might be offered tests after two early miscarriages if you are in your late 30s or 40s or if it has taken you a long time to conceive.
If you had a late (second trimester) miscarriage, where your baby died after 14 weeks of pregnancy, you should be offered tests after this loss.
- You can opt for blood tests to check for sticky blood syndrome or APS. Tests would look for antibodies that would help treat the condition. Antibodies are chemicals produced by the body to combat infections.
- Get an examination done should the doctor suspect chromosomal abnormalities and in case it is diagnosed, both of you can consult a clinical genetics specialist for genetics counseling.
- Your doctor will recommend an ultrasound scan to trace any type of abnormality that may make a pregnancy futile, for instance, a short or a fragile cervix.
It is natural to pin your hopes on testing as the answer to your problems. But there are three reasons why it may not be the answer you’re looking for:
- A cause may not be found; when this happens your miscarriages are called ‘unexplained’
- Even if a cause is found, it may not be treatable;
- Treatment may not lead to a successful pregnancy. This can happen if a pregnancy miscarriages for a different reason than the one being treated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.