Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Partha Pratim ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
Smoking can cause irreparable damage to your mind and body. Chemicals in the tobacco travel to all parts of the body, leaving no area unaffected. According to available data, smoking causes 30% of all cancer deaths and about 80% deaths from emphysema and bronchitis. In addition to adversely affecting yourself, smoking also has a severe impact on your near and dear ones. According to WHO, about 600,000 people die every year from passive smoking. Out of the deaths that occur due to this, 1/3rd is that of children.
The Indian situation
While 85% of tobacco users worldwide consume it in the form of cigarettes, in India only 13% use it in that form. Additionally, 54% use it in the form of beedis. A study conducted on Indian smokers has revealed that an average of 8.2 cigarettes is smoked by an individual daily.
The study also revealed that the number of cigarettes smoked every year had grown to over 6 trillion. While 1 out of 10 adults dies from tobacco use worldwide, 5% of deaths in women and 20% of deaths in men in India are caused by cigarette and beedi smoking.
What happens when you smoke?
Cigarette smoke is made up of 4000 chemicals that are present either as tiny particles or gases and about 50 are known to lead to cancer, the toxin nicotine being one of them. In addition to nicotine, the chemicals that make up cigarette smoke also include tar and carbon monoxide. Prolonged exposure to these toxins can hamper your body's ability to filter air and clean the lungs. The smoke not only irritates the lungs but also causes excess production of mucus.
It also causes a paralysis of the tiny hair-like structures like cilia that line the airways and are responsible for removing dust and dirt from the organ. Paralysis of these hair-like structures also causes a buildup of mucus and toxic substances, leading to lung congestion. The extra mucus that is produced causes smokers to suffer from the very ubiquitous smoker's cough and chronic bronchitis.
It's also one of the many triggers of asthma, which brings about the narrowing and inflammation of the airways. Long-term exposure to tobacco smoke causes the destruction of the structure of the lung, walls of the airways as well as lung tissue. The result is a condition known as emphysema. Additionally, smoking also leads to cancer of the lung and over 80% lung cancer cases occur due to this habit. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Hi - I have 35 days old baby. Please suggest me some tips to make breast feeding easier. How often we can feed? Ideas on foods to eat and avoid during tis time ?
It’s important, though, to find a condom that fits well and that’s not too short, too tight, or too big.
A condom can only protect what’s covered. One that’s too short could allow diseases to be passed on. A condom that’s too big could slip in the heat of the moment.
What’s right for you? If you or your partner measures more than 7 inches long or is more than 4½ to 5 inches around, you may need a larger size.
I am 44 years old and my wife is 41 years old she is house wife only & she is very hardworking woman i. E Wake up early in the morning & fifty percent of home work she will do own. But in the night even I do foreplay she is not liking to do sex. I feel she is very freeze. Even if I doesn't do sex for a month she will never feel. She doesn't have any other affairs. But She doesn't like to do sex vice a versa I am very badly need sex everyday. She loves me lot .She cannot live a single day without me. I don't know what to do. Please advise.
How to keep the vagina Clean so that there are no germs while having oral pleasure No obstacles or catching of infection.
Dear sir/madam. My wife is pregnant for 2 months. But she feels abdominal pain continuously. Especially the day which follows the night in which we would sex. Kindly guide.
A detox diet is a temporary food habit, which involves detoxifying your body without causing much stress. Detoxifying includes cleansing your body of toxins, bacteria, and viruses that build up inside it. It usually lasts for a few days, and a detox diet consists of foods that are easy to digest and low in fat and protein. These foods help liver function and increase your metabolism, which brings about the detoxification progress.
Some of the constituents of a detox diet are:
1) Drinking copious amounts of water - Water performs many bodily functions like regulating body temperature, hydrating the body, regulating bowel movements etc. One such vital function is flushing out toxins. The more water you drink, the more toxins get flushed out of your body. Drinking eight glasses of water each day is advisable. Plus, water also helps to control hunger.
2) Munch on fruits and vegetables - Replacing your daily diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are rich in fiber, can help remove toxins. It also provides the body with necessary nutrients and antioxidants. Fruits rich in fiber are spinach, broccoli, avocado, blueberries, beans, artichoke and many others.
3) Eating oranges, lemons or limes - Citric acid helps to dissolve toxins within the body and increases and improves the functioning of the liver. Lemons contain the highest amounts of citric acid and eating them on a daily basis can be highly beneficial.
4) Drinking herbal tea - Herbal tea, which is a huge source of antioxidants and water, helps to flush toxins out of the body. Green tea is a good example of this and is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With In-vitro fertilization (IVF), couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hi, I feel good when I insert brinjal in my anal and carrot in my vagina at same time is inserting safe and what precaution I should take.
I have a friend who is a girl. she is suffering stomach ache since 20 days. She has undergone endoscopy two times. But the pain was not yet gone. She went to another hospital. Their the did some tests and scanning. In the test at the last their is IMPRESSION : PCOD PATTERN. She asked doctor about it. He said to google pcod. But we did not get clear clarification. Please can you tell me what is pcod and is it dangerous.
I have skipped my periods by more than a week. Although I took the pregnancy test thrice but every time its showing negative result. I am very confused. Could you please suggest.
Hi, I gave birth 4 years back but I had feed our daughter for more time. Now after 4 years I am still having some milky thing coming out from my breast nipple pores in small drops. Please advice what needs to be taken care of.
My mother is 56 year old she had carcinoma breast cancer grade 1 we did Right radical Mastectomy on 22/9/2016 before that she had 3 chemo. But now after surgery is it necessary to give chemo pls advise Our regular visit doctors had asked to give next three chemotherapy.
I am a married woman. I had my last periods on 4th april. It lasted for about 6 days. My husband came for leave on 11th april. We had planned for a baby. I had the hope of getting pregnant. But since last two days I had cough and from today morning I noticed a brown spotting. I do not have any pain. What can be the cause of this spotting? What am I supposed to do?
Homoeopathic Management in Gynecological Disorders
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health: Homoeopathy can offer good health to women in all stage of their Lives from infancy through old age. It is beneficial for the full range of emotional, mental and physical problems that a woman is likely to experience, and can help her through the transitional and developmental milestones of her life.
During the teen years homoeopathy can helps with the hormonal changes of puberty and the acne that often appears at this time, but primarily it can assist with the emotional upheavals, which frequently occur as little girls make the transition to womanhood.
Later in life when a woman gets pregnant, or has a hard time conceiving (homoeopathy can helps with problems of infertility, it can assist with difficulties frequently encountered, such as morning sickness and depression. By treating the mother during pregnancy and making her as healthy as she can be, we can insure that the baby will be born healthy and free of inherited diseases. By treating throughout pregnancy, we also assist the mother to go through childbirth safely and joyfully.
The homoeopathy healing art is beneficial in helping women overcome the effects of hormonal shock to the system, can occur after a difficult birth ,abortion, hysterectomy, and the use of birth control pills.
Homoeopathy for Women’s Health:
Homoeopathy can be used to treat many common physical and emotional symptoms associated with menstrual cycles, hormone imbalances, and pre-menstrual syndrome. Because of its emphasis on treating the whole patient on a physical, mental and emotional level, it is ideally suited for homoeopathic remedies w+ by stimulating the body’s healing system to regain a sense of balance, problems involving hormonal imbalances respond well to homoeopathic treatment.
Benefits of homoeopathic treatment for women:
Homoeopathic remedies are completely non-toxic and without side-effects. Hence, they can safely be ingested during pregnancy when other types of medicines cannot be freely prescribed. Further, when the mother is homeopathically treated during pregnancy, the foetus is also being treated. Since treatment is constitutional and nct symptomatic, both mother and child will be healthier, ensuring an Easier pregnancy and delivery.
Ideally, both parents should be treated before the baby is conceived as remedies act very deeply, right down to the genetic level. For example, a woman who has two children with cleft lips will be able to have a Third normal child if given the correct homoeopathic treatment before conceiving the child.
Regarding post-partum depression, much misery can be alleviated by homoeopathic treatment; remedies work quickly and effectively in cases.
Homoeopathy offers a safe and effective solution to the uncomfortable symptoms of menopause compared to HRT which has been found to cause many side effects ranging from nausea and varicose veins to strokes and cancer.
Many women suffer to the personality. Further, many women suffer from low-esteem in our male dominant world. Homoeopathic treatment strengthens the life force and enables the woman to have a stronger sense of self. The patient becomes more stable emotionally, more confident and independent. In many cases, there can be a dramatic change for the better.
What conditions can be treated-
Almost any affliction! Many examples are listed under categories below. The rest of page will highlight several conditions through remedy descriptions.
- Physical- anemia, chloasma (skin pigmentation), chronic fatigue, constipation, cystitis, genital warts, gestational diabetes, growths, hemorrhage, herpes, hot flashes, IBS, incontinence, insufficient, breast milk, mastitis, morning sickness, osteoporosis, piles, PM, poor libido, prolapsed, recovery from surgery, tendency to miscarriage, thrush, thyroid imbalance, vaginal infections, varicose veins.
- Emotional- anger, disappointed love, fright, guilt, grief, irritability, mood swings, post-traumatic stress disorder (eg after sexual abuse), weepiness.
- Mental- anxiety, depression, eating disorders, fears eg of flying, having a deformed baby, low confidence, obsessive- compulsive behavior, pessimism, post- partum depression, sleep disturbances, stage fright, timidity.
Premenstrual Syndrome: When treating a patient for PMS ( pre-menstrual syndrome), the homoeopathic practitioner will select the most appropriate remedy that covers the range of symptoms experienced. These include fluid retention , breast tenderness, headaches, irritability, weepiness, mood swings.
- Homoeopathic treatment is also effective in treating problems associated with menstruation- heavy bleeding, prolonged periods, painful periods, absent periods, etc. It is quite common for women who have experienced debilitating menstrual cramps for many years to have pain- free menstrual cycles after treatment.
- Homeopathy is commonly used to treat uterine fibroids, and homeopathic treatment may prevent the need for a hysterectomy.
- Symptoms of menopause also respond to homeopathy- hot flushes, insomnia, mood swings. See the section on homeopathy during menopause for more information.
- Homeopathy can also be used to treat infertility conditions. Homeopathy can also help couples conceive even when there is no know medical reason for the infertility.
- The range of conditions that may be treated with homeopathy is very wide, and includes cystitis, migraines, fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis, anxiety, depression, insomnia, eczema, hay fever, bladder infections, gallstones or kidney stones, respiratory ailments etc.
- In addition, homeopathic treatment is safe and effective pregnancy. It can help with symptoms of morning sickness, heartburn, constipation, and hemorrhoids.
- Increasing numbers of women are making use of homeopathy during labour and childbirth, and homeopathic treatment can be very helpful after delivery, or during breast- feeding
- Homeopathy is truly a friend to women. It is a comprehensive system of medicine which is able to meet the needs to people in all facets of their lives, and through all of life’s transitions. By strengthening the immune system and helping to balance the mind and the emotions, homeopathy can help women achieve the higher purposes of their lives, and feel their very best.
- Homeopathy is ideal for those looking for a safe and natural, as well as complete system of medicine, especially those wanting to take more responsibility for their own health. Homeopathy can be used to treat most illnesses- whether chronic, acute, or first aid.