Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Parnamita Bhattacharya
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Parnamita BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.
I want make pregnant to my wife but four month I spent with her and positive result did not come pls tell what I do.
Iq the intelligence quotient as measured by intelligence tests are being carried out by trainned psychologists.
There are several misconceptions related to intelligence and mental status.
1. For Eg. - The belief that since one is very intelligent he can't be mentally ill. This is not true. Illness and intelligence are different things. But it is true that an intelligent but sick is in a better position than retarded. Intelligent one will have more adaptive and survival skills.
2. Less intelligence is a sign of week mind or more chance to be mentally ill. This is absolutely wrong. Intelligence varies among people but majority are average.
3. Mental retardation is a state of iq less than average say below 70. Does not mean that they are ill. With good diet and trainning they can be helped to live and can be taught jobs depending on the level of retardation.
4. Love, care and trainning can make one the best. Some times less intelligent are the most useful and of help in need of time. So be away from misconceptions.
From 2-6-2015 I taken 5 times unwanted 72 .but before 4 months I hadn't taken tablet. I want to keep pregnancy in this month .but is any side effects of that tablets effect now ?please tell me. Thanks and regards.
HI I'm 24 years old my weight 52 kgs my husband age 26 weight 125 kg we are trying to conceive since 6 months but not yet getting. Im also having irregular periods. We took semen test for my husband sperms count was 26 ml motility 24 % What we want to do? Please guide me.
Is fibroadenoma will change to breast cancer? Is fibroadenoma gives back & shoulder pain? Please answer me.
I have some burning sensation on my clitoris and walls around my vagina, sometimes I have immense burning sensation when I pee and sometime there is no burning when I pee.
So I get pregnant then as have sex on Wednesday and read on internet said definitely get pregnant if had sex on Wednesday as was 1-2 days of most fertile days as egg got released on Friday.
I am a 31 years old woman & experiencing a severe pain on the right side of my nipple. Can it be a breast cancer? Pls advice.
Age 27 Weight 40 Cyst in left adnexa Both fallopian tubes are blocked Left fimbrial blockage Right corneal blockage Suffering from infertility Tell me ayurvedic aur homeopathic solution without any surgical process.
Have pain in my back so much during mensuration period what to do to reduce it? Is it right to take medicines during this?
In order to fulfill your and your partner's desires if must understand them and along with that you need to keep a track of your mental and physical health, so that you can fulfill those desires. There is an increasing number of people with the issue of reduced sexual drive and this being a private matter are not able to come out in the open to discuss it. However, this is an issue that can only be solved by a frank discussion, and when that is done, it might seem like there was no problem in the first place.
Listed below are some things that can lead to a lower sexual drive. It is to be noted that women and men have different reasons leading to reduced libido.
- Reduced hormone levels: The most prominent cause is reduced levels of testosterone and estrogen, which are hormones required for development of sexual characteristics in males and females respectively. The levels can reduce depending on various reasons from hypogonadism to loss of ovaries to psychological stress to medications to drinking and smoking. The first step in managing this would be to establish the fact that there are reduced hormone levels and pin the cause for it. Most people respond almost immediately to replacement therapy. Additionally, in some cases, the cause for reduced hormones can be addressed when identified.
- Physiological problems: Especially in women, if there is painful intercourse, then the drive is naturally reduced. The reason for the pain could be spasms or infection and need to be identified and treated. Psychological constraints are another major reason that most females have painful intercourse. Counselling along with therapy, if required can help these patients.
- Medications: From antidepressants to antihypertensives, though they are meant to cure some medical condition, they lead to some other condition. Drugs like selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCA), and beta-adrenergic blockers are famous for their ability to reduce libido.
- Lifestyle habits: From smoking to drinking alcohol to junk food to lack of exercise, the effect on libido is very strong. Smoking decreases blood flow in general, which leads to reduced desire.
- Chronic diseases: Whether it is depression or diabetes, hypertension or hyperlipidemia, they all have an indirect effect on the sex drive of a person. Additionally, the constant stress of having to monitor health and maintain a good lifestyle has an effect on the overall health and definitely on the sex drive. In some cases, this could lead to drinking and smoking and use of medications all of which again can affect the sex drive. It goes into a vicious cycle and the patient needs to accept some facts and manage to work around the others.
It is indeed very stressful when a person finds out that he has a low sexual drive. However, it is not impossible to manage with a little help and support, both from the partner and the doctor.