Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Parimal ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
My daughter frequently suffering from mouth ulcers. She is 18 years and prefers Chinese foods like fried rice, noodles veg manchurian etc. How to cure it? what medicines shall she take to not to reoccur mouth ulcers?
Sir mere pet main 2011se probulam hai mera pet saaf nhin rahta aur gas bahut banti hai .bhukh lagti hai koi bhi normal khana kha lo lekin pareshani barkarar rahti hai .sabhi chekap .jaise. Indoscopy, liver biopscy, altrasound,lft, kft,aur khoon ki sabhi jache lekin ssari report normal aur liver main halki sujan aati hai.
I have Digestive problem from 3 months, I have tried some medicine, but it dos'nt working. What should I do?
What is the problem develop from the drinking of more hardness water in daily routine? My digestive system becomes poor so what can I do?
I am being diagnosed hepatitis E. Everything was going normal, but past few days I have been having pain in my abdomen, is that normal? Also, I would like to know that recurrence of very disease can be curable or fatal? Please advise.
Gastritis is a very common health issue and is faced by all all age groups. There are many factors that lead to gastritis or compound the already existing situation. Basically, gastritis is swelling of stomach lining. Spicy food, medicines, tobacco, alcohol etc. can cause or increase the gastric acid production and disturb, weaken or damage the normal stomach lining.
Gastritis is of two types:
- Acute gastritis, which occurs suddenly
- Chronic gastritis, which develops over a period of time
In India, gastritis is a very common disorder which occurs at any age but is more widespread in the adolescent age group (12-17 years).
Gastritis occurs when there is an imbalance between the acid production and damage to the stomach lining, resulting in swelling of the stomach lining. However, sometimes gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers.
Symptoms of gastritis vary among individuals, and in many people there are even no symptoms. It also depends on the duration of disease, whether it is acute (happening suddenly) or chronic (causing symptoms over a long period of time).
The most common symptoms of acute gastritis include:
- Water brashes (sour fluid or tasteless saliva into the mouth)
- Belching (expelling air from the stomach through the mouth)
- Abdominal bloating or stomach fullness
- Upper abdominal pain or discomfort
- Nausea/feeling of vomiting
- Irregular bowel movement
- Recurrent indigestion
Simple natural ways to treat gastritis:
- Taking half a gram of long pepper powder with honey is an effective way to curb gastritis. It is advisable to take this mixture twice a day.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot after dinner.Fennel seeds also very efficiently deals with the condition of gastritis. It is advisable to chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds after food to keep gastritis at bay.
- Readily available lemon also helps relieve feeling of nausea and bloating. Having lemon juice subsides vomiting sensation and bloating.
- Triphla powder is a very good Ayurvedic remedy to treat gastritis. Boil one tablespoon of Triphla powder in one glass of water, reduce it to half its content and then filter it. Consume it hot 20 minutes after dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.